Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what a drat good show

they aired the footage and did incredible business working the whole shoot and FTR followed it up masterfully, which was the only thing you could do to not overshadow and ruin the next segment

house of julia action continues to be super cool

ospreay firing a bazooka back up north was pretty hilarious, but also calling himself the ace of aew to renee's face? I think I know who's coming up after Dynasty

Jericho is aware he's an annoying goober now, so that's good. wanna see more out of enhanced STP, of course, but good for moriarty!!

aew: it's good, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MorningMoon posted:

I do think teh Bucks have invited CM Punk chants, however unlike with the fed, these chants are gonna be directly aimed at the Bucks who are being slimy heels and hoping for such reactions. If FTR win the belts I assume we won't hear the chants after Dynasty.

Jackson Perry not being added to the Elite this week has me guessing it'll be a Dynasty thing. And I wonder who'll join FTR in response. Will Daddy Magic finally lose his son?

Cactus Jack Perry is returning as the Bucks' attack dog at Dynasty costing FTR the titles

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh also I think Mariah is elevating the women's division pretty significantly, Anna looked fantastic tonight. also the toni/rosa segment into mariah's entrance was perfect, no notes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

STP feels like something the trios/sixman divisons have not had in a long time, which is an actual trio instead of a guy stapled to a tag team - HoB feels coherent, Dalton Castle and the Boys (rip) felt coherent because of their dynamic, Gates of Agony + Cage almost counts, Death Triangle gets a pass

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Cope's apron powerslam to Penta was pretty drat nuts. Lots of fun spots! I can't believe he took a top rope Code Red.

that was a fun spot, and the match definitely felt to me like Cope saying "let me go wrestle a Penta match" and then they did and it was great

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CombineThresher posted:

I agree! They didn't have a lot of natural chemistry but both guys gutted out a good match through pure force of will.

yeah it was obvious they had "bad chemistry" or whatever but both guys are so good that it worked out entertainingly anyway

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ganso Bomb posted:

Oh my god do whatever Jericho fuckery is necessary to put that belt on Shane Taylor

I kinda agree with this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I was so focused on jack and p*nk that i didn’t clock anyone else except for joe

and pink shirt guy obviously

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Okada is incredible, even In squashes. No selling and being bored. Hell yeah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan brought up a good point on WOR - why isn't Eddie showing any frustration about losing 2 of his 3 titles in the last two weeks??

Old Eddie would wallow
Eddie now keeps looking forward to beating rear end

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also given the promo it seems like eddie can’t be mad about losing the roh belt to his good pal Mark after a hard fought match

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Again, mox is coming back to face ospreay after dynasty

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fuckin lol at all the extreme sicko levels of good matches

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what is going on with hook's jaw in that picture

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i think dynasty is going to whip rear end

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Minidust posted:

Am I the only one who assumed Ospreay was referring to Brie Bella being John Laurinaitis’s daughter? Basically attributing Danielson’s breakthrough in mainstream U.S. wrestling to the Total Divas crew. My mind didn’t even go to HHH, maybe I wasn’t playing close enough attention.

it’s just you 🤷

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

i think they did two (maybe 3?) and it was so extremely over they had to kill it instantly because it was going to disrupt whatever

It’s one of the only times I’ve seen aew kill a unexpectedly over idea because it would interrupt other plans

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

some kick rear end pro wrestling this weekend, ddamn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jon Moxley: ace of the world, bitch

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

RandolphCarter posted:

Every wrestler should train punching from Shane Taylor

He was fuckin walloping hook

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Even when I wasn't watching much I caught a random Dynamite Team Taz was on and saw this dude named Powerhouse Hobbs and knew I was probably missing someone awesome. Best ring name of the modern era.

P p p p powerhouse is one of the best stingers that aew intros have

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

History Comes Inside! posted:

Every time I hear it I think about the p p p p powerbook

Well yes this too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The texas chainsaw match was bizarre but perfect, and was the best possible thing for jj to win

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

So with that rosa thing about her back being still a mess and her promo…she’s done

This was a run to prove to herself she could get back even if she’s not the same, and to give Toni the cementing win over a previous champ who hadn’t lost.

I know that feeling of wanting to go out on your own terms, and it came out in the promo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oh also the elite are definitely winning the belts with the help of Jack perry

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'