Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Tell me about the weird things that caught your eye the last time you when grocery shopping, goons.

I haven't watched television in over a decade and only ever shop at either farmer's markets or Aldi, so when I stopped by a local Mexican grocery store for some quick shopping I was blown away by the concept of blue Takis. If there's anything less appealing than fingers stained with Cheeto dust, it's gotta be fingers stained with blue Taki dust.

Of course I bought them because I am a degenerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
ew

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

guaco takis are god tier besieged by little

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My wife's co-worker eats these all the time

https://www.presidentschoice.ca/product/pc-blue-menu-hard-boiled-eggs-omega-3/21049546_EA

The reason? She thinks peeling eggs is "icky"

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

put a slice of this in teh air fryer and u will :aaa:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

two of my recent favorites:

from aldi: A breakfast pizza, biscuit crust, with sausage gravy for sauce, bacon, pork belly, peppers and onions, and cheese. it was absolutely fantastic.

Middleswarth brand bbq chips. this wasn't from aldi. It's the most unassuming looking chips ive ever seen, the bag looks like it hasnt had a graphical update in 80 years (and since the company was founded in 1942, it may well not have). they are the weirdest bbq chips ive ever had. they're barely bbq flavored...but they're intensely peppery. They're SO good.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
speaking as a pennsylvania native middleswarth chips are disgusting

contribution: trader joe's hazlenut sandwich cookies

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

saladscooper posted:

speaking as a pennsylvania native middleswarth chips are disgusting

really? i like how different they are. i also like the rare salt and pepper flavored chips, and i also like bbq chips, so a mild bbq with intense pepper flavor is perfect for me.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
The cake looks good, it's the sign that's questionable imo

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
lemon bucakke

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The cake itself doesn't look too bad, that sign though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

El Paso Cinnamon Toast Crunch dessert taco shells.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 12, 2024

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Grocery Outlet Bargain Market is great for this, it’s where I do most all my shopping. Boxes of cereal from last halloween, 6 pound cans of chef boyardee, all sorts of $1 energy drinks. A surprisingly robust vegetarian selection, produce that’s okay if you use it in the next day or two but you should always check it for mold before you buy it

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

holy cow thats actually real. interesting. are they good? i feel like those could absolutely slap. warm them up a little, toss in a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a drizzle of caramel.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

My kid, and all of the kids at her elementary school, eat the hell out of those blue takis.

At a recent birthday party, there were huge bowls of blue takis for the taking :henget:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Goddamn I love me some dead billionaires

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'd try them. My old roommate once fried tortillas and put cinnamon and sugar on them and they were loving awesome

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I often go out to a huge international store when i'm in the nearest city, and they have basically everything ever. maybe 40-50 ish different kinds of black licorice alone for example.

I recently discovered bitter rosso which is like non-alcoholic campari soda. I like mixing it with coke zero

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Available in the chiller from my local are plastic pots containing two boiled eggs on a bed of 3-4 baby spinach leaves. Unseasoned.
I mean it's probably someone's idea of trying to use short-dated produce to make heathy lunch options, but it just looks so sad.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I see blue Takis here quite often and they’re the equivalent of 5-6USD for a small bag :negative:

I don’t think I’ll be hungover tomorrow when I go weekly grocery shopping, I’ll see if I can find anything weird here. At least the Dennis the Menace hot dogs

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I saw this in Home Bargains. Friends was set in New York, that might explain the Taxi. Joey and Chandler had a pet duck. Monica was a chef which might explain the lobster. The... thing.. on the bottom right? Fancy mailbox or birdbox? I dunno.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Lmao it’s the frame on the front door peephole. I can’t stand Friends but I love makeup and there’s been a ton of licensed products.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

do candy corns even have a flavor? sugar wax whiskey?

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

i go to a normal gropcery store so theres never anythign intersting there

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
This is starting to look like a really difficult Chopped basket.

"Ted, I really love the way the chefs are incorporating the Fun of the bath toys into this dish".

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The Undeniably Dairy label has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the label

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Trying to give the benefit of the doubt here I guess it's kind of like a root beer float, maybe a little.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey kids! Remember Fred Durst?

Still cheaper than the water sold at Woodstock '99

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

“Turns your milk to cold brew!”

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow

Secks Cauldron posted:

The cake looks good, it's the sign that's questionable imo

super sweet best pal posted:

The cake itself doesn't look too bad, that sign though.

Oh yeah, I was posting it for the sign. The cake itself is actually quite tasty but that little dude looks like a melting zombie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just get in/get out while trying to minimize all human contact OP.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

No pizza rules at the Lidl

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ralph Crammed In posted:

No pizza rules at the Lidl

That's just a box of French fries you're supposed to dress your pizza with

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Blackmore posted:

Oh yeah, I was posting it for the sign. The cake itself is actually quite tasty but that little dude looks like a melting zombie.

It's Spongebob after his 5 day bender.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

A walking tamale! It's just a tamale in a bag

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Giant Tiger's giant muffins. No idea if they still carry them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Beer_Suitcase posted:

A walking tamale! It's just a tamale in a bag

Yum, that seems tasty!