Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Woke Mind Virus posted:

War leads to peace. Peace leads to war.

*Nodding sagely*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I did my taxes today so uncle sam can afford more war (I owed a lot)

thank you for putting your money in the bag

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

lobster are you just gonna allow that?

he will

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

every pay period i automatically tell my employer to stash some of my dinero away in a little piggy bank. then, every april i get a little treat, a gift to myself. this is called self care

the gift of an interest-free loan to the government

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

yep

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

what'd they do again

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4018795&pagenumber=118&perpage=40#post529386039

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

admins must be out for specific re-regs blood open-sport-style if they're running mass alt-check on lurker accounts

be careful out there newbies, admins dont have the best eyesight

the worst kept secret is that most reregs are just ignored and left to post normally until they do something psychotic, you really have to get on the perma-poo poo list to get gunned down on sight

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

its crazy whenever i see a clip of R&S i'm like wait, they let me watch this as a kid?? i think it might be the most disturbing mainstream cartoon ever. john kricfalusi getting to poison the minds of half the millennial generation (and inappropriately touch the other half) explains a lot actually. johnk ftw

but yeah it has tumblr energy but w/e, saying gently caress on tv hasn't been even remotely close to edgy since 2001 and i don't get why people are mad/in love with it

Even watching R&S as a kid you knew that guy was some sort of weird sex freak

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm the guy who registered an account today solely for frantic last-minute tax questions

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kraftwerk (derogatory)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

My wife sent me that ai enhanced rear end fallout picture and an angry message so I had to explain rage bait to her.

AI enhanced-rear end or AI enhanced rear end

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i have been getting gray hairs since i was 17 but my father is over 70 and still has mostly dark hair. its all about genetics.

Lobster Great-grandfather, black of hair.
Lobster Grandfather, black of hair.
Lobster Father, black of hair.
Lobster Shirt... gray hair.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my youngest is just learning to talk and loves the color white so everything is white now, including my grey hair

Your kid is a chud

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

not in an actionable way but

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Him and his wife pull in over 7 figures a year lol

gotta keep it believable man

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i think that interview went well but im trying not to get my hopes up... hope to hear back with some good news soon.

hope you mentioned your Something Awful moderation experience, interviewers love that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Precambrian Video Games posted:

tenderjerk just makes me think of chicken, ideally with some caramelized plantains.

tenderjerk makes me think of Pepe Silvia Browne due to having the same av

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

docbeard posted:

Baked salmon feels like a crime how easy it is to make an absolutely delicious meal for basically no effort

It's great. And salmon is surprisingly affordable compared to a lot of stuff these days.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

When is the next ik contest?

lets skip it and bring back Neon Punk

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

im reading a big book called On Thermonuclear War

thats the one with the epic megadeath charts

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

give them a star. make it sting.

I actually asked him if he was interested in being an IK but unfortunately he's not, oh well

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when the iron sheik arrived in america he didn't do drugs, didint drink, didnt smoke and was in peak phsyical shape after wrestling in the olympics for iran and being the bodyguard for the Shah of Iran... a few years later he was addicted to cocaine and insane

He just kept getting more epic

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Almost the weekend... almost

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

if i bring lunch to work i always eat it immediately. cant endure the wait

instantly failing the marshmallow test every day for your entire life ftw

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

lmfao absolutely stunk up my interview today

don't let it bother you too much, Lobster was already a lock for that position

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i barely know what sql is and they're still giving me lalds job. its my full head of hair.

yep it's that easy

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

congrats on the D&D report, Lobster

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

israel has conducted a strike within iran. i agree that things could become highly epic. looking forward to reading the reports forum tomorrow morning.

Reading the new LC entries as quickly as possible as the nuclear launch sirens sound and my wife begs me to pack up our things so we can flee

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

why are people upset about Taylor Swift this time?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i have installed so many car seats, taken them out, put them back in, put them in my in laws cars, my moms car... its all bullshit. my wife has never done it and i dont even think she knows how. its complete misandry. feminism must be destroyed.

My wife always does it for us and it seems pretty easy. Skill issue?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Remember when doomsday econ just became the place to un-ironically discuss how your crypto and nft assets were doing? Good times, miss em

For a few months a bunch of goons bought into the idea that buying meme stocks would actively siphon money away from the wealthy, mostly with GME

Then right after that Smythe pivoted to dogecoin and kept posting about that, I don't think as many people followed along on that one though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

who is the idf "reservist" scum mod?

Good question...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Butter Activities posted:

[Chorus]
Van full of retards, ha ha ha ha!
Van full of retards, you drool on yourself!

[Verse]
You couldn't even win a bronze in the Special Olympics
Your parents are ashamed of themselves and you!

[Chorus]
Van full of retards, ha ha ha ha!
Van full of retards, you drool on yourself!

That's fair, winning a bronze in the special Olympics is a pretty tall order

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wife baked some cornbread today. Gonna be a good week.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

"you had a pretty big skill gap with the report building exercise, but i created a position for you at basically the same salary if you want it"

congrats, now that you're employed again you're in a good position to really start job hunting in earnest

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

rodbeard posted:

One of the GBS war thread psychos said he got his account from his mom when she stopped posting here.

I will be bequeathing my account & accompanying moderation duties to whomever I dislike the most

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

There is so much loving A1 comedy in the reports forum and the greedy mods keep most of it for themselves

it's 90% D&D posters citing rules about sources and strawmanning, but there are occasional gems

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

the games forum probably has the highest likelihood of funny reports. people only mash the button there when they're real mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

normally i'd never bitch about a sixer but the man just took one yesterday, let's not kick him while he's down

he'll take one again tomorrow, too