Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I did my taxes today so uncle sam can afford more war (I owed a lot)

Oh right those things. I can't be hosed today.

Probably won't be able to be hosed tomorrow either but then I won't have much choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

is this the ww3 yhread

You know the saying that we don't know what weapons will be used in the next world war, but the one after that will be fought with sticks and stones?

This is the thread for the second one

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Skimmed the past few pages of the pop culture thread because I'm still watching Fallout and don't need too much Critical Goon Discourse about it yet or ever but FF going on a multipost tangent about Arthurian esoterica because the Brotherhood of Steel people happen to call themselves knights was ftw in that special cspam way

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Did my Annual Genocide Contribution Acknowledgement. Supposedly got a refund though it'll be scooped up to apply to the money I owe from last year (because of a legal settlement I got that either they or I hosed up the withholding on, which was a fun surprise last year!)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

very inactive thread after the p/i probes. anyway i had that followup job interview, i think it went well. hard not to get my hopes up... but i shall try not to.

Good luck! Got my technically second interview (but my first with the actual hiring manager and not the HR guy/recruiter) tomorrow, and same, friend, same.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

nudejedi posted:

I've still gotta prove that I'm not a tax return harvesting robot or something to the IRS to get my federal return. Filed back in feb, and I got my state refund, but now gotta jump through a bunch of hoops. :toot: First major stumbling block: the phone I am using to send and receive emails and texts to the IRS is an "invalid number". :bang:

Ugh, their stupid new ID verification process is a nightmare, I had to jump through eleven thousand different hoops for the privilege of setting up a payment plan though astonishingly they don't make me do any of that to just give them money!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

External Organs posted:

It's hosed up that you sued someone for their posts but I'm glad it worked out for you

Numbers guy is an amateur

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Interview in about two hours, time to pretend like I'm a knowledgeable professional for an entire hour.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

No idea how to feel about that interview but I never do know. But they brought in extra people to talk to me over time and I hope I didn't ramble too much! (Main dude I was talking to rambled a bit too which made me feel better.)

Meanwhile, there's some confusion about who gets to currently approve my timesheet at current job. Looks like it's now taken care of and I sure won't be stressing about whether I will actually get paid tomorrow as I should or anything.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I wonder if real struggle sessions had that one guy who won't shut up about 14th century Austria or whatever

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The main thing I recall from my own Concussion Experience (work-related car accident in 2007) was an intense need to reassure everyone that i was completely fine several times a minute.

Also this was the time that a doctor lectured me, an underemployed temp about to become even more underemployed because my current assignment abruptly ended with my coworker totalling the rented SUV I had been riding around in, about how she had never not had health insurance and would never even consider going without it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

final job interview is in about 45 minutes...wish me luck goons

good and normal luck to you, friend

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

before this week i was the only nonconcussed goon

welcome to the collective

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

instead of having tendies i have decided to bake some salmon

Baked salmon feels like a crime how easy it is to make an absolutely delicious meal for basically no effort

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

We just had one like 2 weeks ago didn't we?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Son of Sorrow posted:

Seriously though anyone who goes to college should have to enter my service for eternity.

Nice try, The Devil, but I'm not doing poo poo til I see that golden fiddle you promised

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when the people need him most plinkey's voice will echo throughout the lands telling people to shut up and leave him alone its none of your business what he's doing with Excalibur

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

seriously though, are people not actually playing these matches

i'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you that Something Awful is not actually made up of irl buff wrestlers and it's all done in a video game

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

At least the second part of that. I'm pretty sure most of CSPAM are irl buff wrestlers

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

right but like usually people play the characters in video games, with a controller or perhaps a mouse and keyboard

I have heard this rumor before, yes

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

somebody said this to zoux and was flattened

what is the lore?

I assume a reference to the Paper Bag Test Incident

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zoux, when he was an IK in days of yore, implied that a black poster (Nutranurse I think?) was actually white leading to them posting a picture of their (non-white) hand next to a gently caress YOU ZOUX sign.

Might not be remembering the details correctly

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've also never been quite clear on the connection between this incident and SedanChair, post-permaban, reregging as The White Hand but it was extremely funny

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no that about sums it up but this was way before he was an IK

Right. How'd he get de-IK'd? Wasn't it for probing a moderator back when that was illegal?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh good lord, a Hillary permatoxx, ah, simpler times

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao gumballs disappointment is immense in that thread, most catty ive seen him outside of D&D wars

He didn't call anyone a Yankee Doodle anything so I think he's going soft tbh

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

Lol at how mad people get at pop culture in the Pop Culture Megathread. Games-tier posting

Between people getting mad in the thread and people getting mad at the thread it's peak CSPAM posting pretty much always

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

And the manufacturer of that toy steering wheel? Raytheon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

External Organs posted:

Neuralink will prevent you from touching the computer.

Or anything else ever again

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

drat didnt get that job :(

at least i got an interview tomorrow for another one. keep on pluggin away.

Sorry to hear that, man

GL tomorrow!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Still waiting to hear back about my interview last week, though they were interviewing through Friday so I wouldn't have expected to hear anything before today.

They're a company I'm a customer of too, so every time I get a random marketing email from them my heart skips a beat lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hope you get the job quality testing all the extra small condoms at the extra small condom factory

thanks, i'll hook you up with my employee discount if i get it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Please COMPLETELY fill out Form 1488-R and wait for the required alt/background/credit checks to complete before posting in D&D

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

tankie doodle

is that anything?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

also slept like a baby (woke up every couple hours, screamed at the alarm clock)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

selec posted:

CPAP brother! mine has been my friend again after I got it adjusted. it was wild for a minute there.

I probably need to get mine adjusted (or replaced) since it's been years since my last sleepytime appointment but I need non-lovely insurance again before that can happen.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Applied for job at place where I'm currently contracting (having been encouraged to do so by my current manager). Application got kicked out because I indicated I was a current employee and needed to apply through the internal system instead, which I can't access because I'm a contractor and not a real employee. There's probably a way to thread this particular needle but hosed if I can be bothered to figure it out right now.

I love shenanigans.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

speng31b posted:

pog senator

I will never not laugh about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

you're not an employee you're a contractor, that was your mistake. important distinction to hr/legal folks

Yeah, there just wasn't a very clear way to indicate that. (I should possibly not try to apply for jobs when I'm only half awake, either.)

Al! posted:

i can smell the Workday coming off of this post

yuuuuuup

Buck Wildman posted:

tell your manager and ask them to forward it to HR on your behalf

I may at the very least ask for ideas about how to navigate this particular labyrinth