Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

speng31b posted:

vyelkin seeing angry sports posting in the ray parlour and getting flashbacks to 'nam, smashing the probe button as hard as as he can

I miss him, conscript him and force him to be cspam sdmin again.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

very inactive thread after the p/i probes. anyway i had that followup job interview, i think it went well. hard not to get my hopes up... but i shall try not to.

You are welcome, also good luck

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mdemone posted:

I don't believe there's any alternate history out there about "well what if the Soviets just lost the eastern front" because they weren't ever going to

There's two different hoi4 mods that do this, one where Stalin got couped, the other where Stalin died and bukharin took control

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol the bart im piss guy got another 11 years for being anti-ukraine

Lmao it's great that pissing off that thread is the fastest way to get actual bans/permas than anything else on this website outside of when fluff decides to become ftw.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

must put a stop to it... extremely aids style of posting

ive been very busy at work and with life and just do not have time to wrangle the rascals. Might have to just load up a page at random and kill (actionable laudatory) people again

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lumpentroll posted:

anyway get well soon

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

KirbyKhan posted:

Non-profits are just as captured by corporate interests as for-profits. Hell, more so since the top end of staff are either supported by bougie enough circumstances to not need a high income or have funneled all overhead directly into their own pockets via a series of opaque pass throughs.

Yup, mad?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Neon punk is a Finn too.

How far you have all fallen

You're a finn

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

tristeham posted:

get rid of vox nihili

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

I have done nothing at work this morning!!!!

Hoping to do the same, will update thread as to the feasibility of this goal.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Shut up Fish & Bitch

He is a baguette, sir.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

and as a francophile i support him

Yup, we love the French in cspam.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

My ex really really loved Taylor swift. Felt weird to listen to some depressing song during sex or making out lol.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Remembering the story about the guy who listened to a specific song during sex and his gf realized his thrusts were timed to the beat and he couldn't do sex without that song.

It was really queer christmas

This was not me, update your spreadsheet.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

Update: been very busy. I hate it, will be very busy this afternoon as well.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

Final update, left work late and had a busy day with little breaks. Awful Friday. So much posting I didn't get to do.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

One time I looked into where the sovereign funds invest and they just invest into the euro equivalent of raytheon

The euro equivalent of Raytheon is finland

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Al! posted:

intrusive thought: wouldnt frankenstein's monster have the last name frankenstein anyway

Nope, it's monster. Frankenstein is his first name. His middle name is 's

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

shmm would be a good forumwide

That's why it won't happen

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

name the reporter

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I suddenly believe in the privacy of people who report posts.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Xaris posted:

wouldn't go that far. he was a spineless cuckold who would change his opinion to whatever guys in the room he wanted to suck off/impress, lacked any personal convictions, and thought everyone was out to get him seeing shadow mods in every corner. but if he didn't like someone (who he had power over), he would troll them constantly

however, he did love slurs and that makes him based (as a fellow slur aficionado). many past presidents kept wine cellars and instead he collected only the finest vintage of slurs.

lollin profusely at the idea of a slur cellar.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

*uncorks bottle, out fly a bunch of f words*

ah, stonewall 1969 vintage.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

External Organs posted:

Admitting to being attracted to a users avatar. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

/

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Pro-Israel pro-Ukraine guy. Hell yeah

Dogs of the US empire

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think I’ve mentioned being cornered by conferences, or seeing how many conference papers this year are about hugging and kissing Israel. All of these Canadian liberal academics who had previously used wishy washy “it’s complicated” language, and appealed to “liberal values”, like Israel’s record of women’s rights, LGBT rights*… Israel is a “western” country, a “democracy”, blah blah blah - they’ve all pivoted, while retaining the saccharine liberalism, into “Israel has a right to commit genocide”, essentially.

*neither of which holds up to scrutiny btw, Israel doesn’t even have civil marriage.

The China poo poo kills me because any religious scholar can read Zenz’s millenarian work, and from that dismiss his alleged sudden ethnographical insights out of hand. He admits he’s writing for teleological purposes, how could that not cloud all of his output allegedly on current events?

For the “genocide” it’s even less excusable because tonnes of scholars of Late Antiquity have visited and worked in Xinjiang recently because of the importance of the Silk Road, transmission of Gnosticism, and Nestorian Church in the past 10 or 15 years. I know at least two personally.

I’m not saying digging in Crete makes you an expert on Greek politics, or if mainland Greece was somehow vaguely discouraging the promotion of culture on that island, but surely people in a field like this - where people were working in Algeria during the civil war, people are starting to trickle back into Syria, etc. - can see that you couldn’t work in an area and not notice. Greg Fisher, the expert on Pre-Islamic Arabia, presented several papers on how the treatment of the Sunni community, drought in Syria, and War in Iraq, precipitated ISIS, because he saw it while digging over the years.

Like imagine coming back from 3 years in Crete and saying “it’s awful, I read about the genocide of Cretans by the Greek government in the Globe and Mail”. That’s what these nice, smart, academics trained in cultural history and ethnography are doing.

e: For work-work at least everybody talks about it in terms of containing China, peer adversary etc. I don’t think there’s any pretence that this is a real thing, it’s the little script of our enemies’ barbarism we recite, just like with Russia.

Too long a post in peace thread

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

loquacius posted:

oh cool, fill me in

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stalin cant keep getting away with it

He can, and I'm going to help him

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

rodbeard posted:

One of the GBS war thread psychos said he got his account from his mom when she stopped posting here.

enemy at the gates voice: When the poster in front of you falls, pick up the keyboard and continue moving.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

speng31b posted:

if its the guy whining about the plf you're talking about, he also has pages of posts in that gassed tankies thread of pharoahman fame

Mods should murder (real actionable threat) all posters who made more than 5 posts in that thread.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Laughing but then suddenly very serious: trump the dove

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Buck Wildman posted:

to be clear for anyone unfamiliar the opera scene in ff6 is just like 15 minutes of watching the sprites slowly scoot around on the stage while making noises like pigeons squawking into an equalizer. it's held up as one of the most emotionally powerful moments in jrpgs

This guy hates games, and we let him ik the games thread???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mcmagic posted:

the IP thread moderation is a loving atrocity.

lmao