Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i miss him

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Cuttlefush posted:

i miss him

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

i miss him

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

I've been putting a giant spoonful of chili crisp in my ramen lately, it's ftw

wisdom

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

something i am feeling glum about tonight is that earlier today i was talking on the phone with my uncle (mom's brother) and he told me that she has told him that she gets lost driving sometimes, can't remember where to go. that is concerning... i thought i had five or ten more years before aging really started slowing her down but i guess not. then again she is in her 70s.

bummer

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I agree. I think people are overcompensating.

An Enormous Wang

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

season 2 is bumpy as heck because of behind the scenes bullshit but it picks back up

'Twin peaks: The return' is one of the best series i've ever watched and it kinda spoiled tv for me

the entire windom earle arc was pointless

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

its about padding the regdate

building that social credit score

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Butter Activities posted:

That sucks. Sending my best

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Stay safe lobster mom

Cuttlefush posted:

i miss him

:synpa:

Rip

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

i bet you could make some money selling your stack of Ronald McDonald outfits on eBay

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Good morning. I am now home alone until Monday 9pm

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Xaris posted:

the collective internet brains have been shattered into smithereens and it is actually really depressing to witness even "woke dsa guy" (lol) succumb to psycho sino-islamophobic bloodlustery. either that or hasbara has done a stellar job but i think americans are just bloodlusty sickos; and not the cool based bluetooth earpiece oakleys-wearing pudgy-fat crewcut neocon with a boat type of sicko

I think I’ve mentioned being cornered by conferences, or seeing how many conference papers this year are about hugging and kissing Israel. All of these Canadian liberal academics who had previously used wishy washy “it’s complicated” language, and appealed to “liberal values”, like Israel’s record of women’s rights, LGBT rights*… Israel is a “western” country, a “democracy”, blah blah blah - they’ve all pivoted, while retaining the saccharine liberalism, into “Israel has a right to commit genocide”, essentially.

*neither of which holds up to scrutiny btw, Israel doesn’t even have civil marriage.

The China poo poo kills me because any religious scholar can read Zenz’s millenarian work, and from that dismiss his alleged sudden ethnographical insights out of hand. He admits he’s writing for teleological purposes, how could that not cloud all of his output allegedly on current events?

For the “genocide” it’s even less excusable because tonnes of scholars of Late Antiquity have visited and worked in Xinjiang recently because of the importance of the Silk Road, transmission of Gnosticism, and Nestorian Church in the past 10 or 15 years. I know at least two personally.

I’m not saying digging in Crete makes you an expert on Greek politics, or if mainland Greece was somehow vaguely discouraging the promotion of culture on that island, but surely people in a field like this - where people were working in Algeria during the civil war, people are starting to trickle back into Syria, etc. - can see that you couldn’t work in an area and not notice. Greg Fisher, the expert on Pre-Islamic Arabia, presented several papers on how the treatment of the Sunni community, drought in Syria, and War in Iraq, precipitated ISIS, because he saw it while digging over the years.

Like imagine coming back from 3 years in Crete and saying “it’s awful, I read about the genocide of Cretans by the Greek government in the Globe and Mail”. That’s what these nice, smart, academics trained in cultural history and ethnography are doing.

e: For work-work at least everybody talks about it in terms of containing China, peer adversary etc. I don’t think there’s any pretence that this is a real thing, it’s the little script of our enemies’ barbarism we recite, just like with Russia.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 12:21 on Apr 24, 2024

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2UVsyVLLcE

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

stupid gently caress can’t pour a coke

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

stupid gently caress can’t pour a coke

more like Messy Business

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Minus the coke and booze this is correct.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

Minus the coke and booze this is correct.

do you also not know how to use a microwave

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

do you also not know how to use a microwave

I have sensitive teeth

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think I’ve mentioned being cornered by conferences, or seeing how many conference papers this year are about hugging and kissing Israel. All of these Canadian liberal academics who had previously used wishy washy “it’s complicated” language, and appealed to “liberal values”, like Israel’s record of women’s rights, LGBT rights*… Israel is a “western” country, a “democracy”, blah blah blah - they’ve all pivoted, while retaining the saccharine liberalism, into “Israel has a right to commit genocide”, essentially.

*neither of which holds up to scrutiny btw, Israel doesn’t even have civil marriage.

The China poo poo kills me because any religious scholar can read Zenz’s millenarian work, and from that dismiss his alleged sudden ethnographical insights out of hand. He admits he’s writing for teleological purposes, how could that not cloud all of his output allegedly on current events?

For the “genocide” it’s even less excusable because tonnes of scholars of Late Antiquity have visited and worked in Xinjiang recently because of the importance of the Silk Road, transmission of Gnosticism, and Nestorian Church in the past 10 or 15 years. I know at least two personally.

I’m not saying digging in Crete makes you an expert on Greek politics, or if mainland Greece was somehow vaguely discouraging the promotion of culture on that island, but surely people in a field like this - where people were working in Algeria during the civil war, people are starting to trickle back into Syria, etc. - can see that you couldn’t work in an area and not notice. Greg Fisher, the expert on Pre-Islamic Arabia, presented several papers on how the treatment of the Sunni community, drought in Syria, and War in Iraq, precipitated ISIS, because he saw it while digging over the years.

Like imagine coming back from 3 years in Crete and saying “it’s awful, I read about the genocide of Cretans by the Greek government in the Globe and Mail”. That’s what these nice, smart, academics trained in cultural history and ethnography are doing.

e: For work-work at least everybody talks about it in terms of containing China, peer adversary etc. I don’t think there’s any pretence that this is a real thing, it’s the little script of our enemies’ barbarism we recite, just like with Russia.

Too long a post in peace thread

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Too long a post in peace thread

War posting after the ceasefire. Shaking my head.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The ai and ff are right

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

Many Victory Royales for you friend :cheers:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

The ai and ff are right

how do you know? did you read that?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I did

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i only ever attempt the fnln posts. no one else deserves that much from me.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Lol that the Canadian military considers China a peer adversary

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Weka posted:

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Weka posted:

It makes sense since they know they are part of the American empire.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
who denies the cretin genocide

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

First Teams channel I'm added to is full of white women sharing horoscopes. Lets loving go

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Cuttlefush posted:

who denies the cretin genocide

The evidence is there for all to see.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

First Teams channel I'm added to is full of white women sharing horoscopes. Lets loving go

whooooooo boy I can hear the Stanley’s popping from here

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

hell yeah

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

learn how to read Tarot from the UFO thread and you'll become irreplaceable

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

report to the witchcraft thread for processing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Do you think Vox Nihili and Crusty Nutsack still believe Adrian zenz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

my meeting this morning has revealed a client had a podcast reviewing the great Christian rock albums