Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I could take it or leave it personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The time for peace (derogatory) is over

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al! posted:

this is banned in warfare for over 100 years now

Not if this is a police action

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

from what I can see they've spent the past week tying themselves into knots over how to enjoy a tv show while still feeling its intellectually beneath them

Hazbin Hotel?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

never heard of it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

KirbyKhan posted:

I don't think [Pop Culture] has commented on edgy hell show. No, last few pages has been on Fallout. Turns out Fallout is at its best entirely on rails and no more than 6 hours.

It seems like the perfect combination of annoying, passable, and popular enough for people to get extremely weird about.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

should I have? it looks like yet another edgy cartoon for big boys. is it good?

It’s alright. Basically a Disney musical but more original but with some attempts to be edgy.

Definitely get the vibe the creator got their start by making furry art. It’s hard to explain exactly what’s off putting about it but it’s overall watchable tv.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol but thinking about the goon that refused to believe the character stormfront from the boys was a nazi

Wait what lmao

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the way it works is simple you will all assigned to an army at random and you will die for that army

I liked Felix Bidermen’s idea of Iran and Israel getting to draft US divisions for the upcoming world war 3. Keep the game competitive

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894838&userid=172362

Awesome lmao

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

All I can really say for it is that it seems perfectly engineered for the internet to get really weird about really quick and I’m excited to see where we take it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

The hazbin hotel lady might be a terf too which is something fun that could explode eventually

I just googled “hazbin hotel problematic” and there were already redditors four years ago digging through the creators childhood cartoons and discussing how problematic she is. Awesome lol.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Excited for the future development in posting wars, people getting mad about actual human tits seemed too normal. Almost quaint

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Drake no: war with Iran
Drake yes: war over how problematic the childhood works of cartoonists is

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

KirbyKhan posted:

Wait, if it's not edgy then why is twitter so weird about it? I retract my warning upon review of the material. Hazbin must be the alternative media topic to Fallout

I’ve heard fallout is extremely mid but I have faith gamer posters can get more weird than tumblr furries

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Huh

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oleuD8479uM

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

WampaLord posted:

Finally a thread where we can discuss the Wins Above Replacement metric

https://towardsdatascience.com/napoleon-was-the-best-general-ever-and-the-math-proves-it-86efed303eeb

Turns out Hitler’s war score is pretty average! Fun fact.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

BearsBearsBears posted:

Their methodology is all hosed up. Number of battles won is way overvalued. Generals who win large amounts of easy battles are being placed higher than generals who win very difficult battles. He's apparently aware of this and added a "war per battle" statistic after people complained but he doesn't create a second visualization.

Yeah I think he says that but anyway it’s fun. It’s entirely a measure of operational and tactical acumen and rewards generals who blundered strategically but could pull out wins on long odds.Hitler having a marginally better score as most German generals is funny though because “Hitler was the reason the (clean!) Wehrmacht lost to the inferior Soviets” is complete bullshit that was gospel in western pop history. Also critical but late support to Napoleon in his crusade against the Anglo demons but you hosed up on Haiti bro

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

mdemone posted:

I don't believe there's any alternate history out there about "well what if the Soviets just lost the eastern front" because they weren't ever going to

Oh I’m sure there’s plenty of attempts but it’s hard to finish a whole Tutledove ripoff one handed

Implied in Phillip K Dick’s one I think but it’s only because the Nazis got the atom bomb first.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

mdemone posted:

that would've changed things but it's almost as unlikely as winning the eastern front would have been for them

It’s not really addressed directly but it would also be implied that because the US was isolationist the UK was sea lion’ed way earlier, so the Soviet Union had to fight even more Germans earlier with no benefit of lend lease, and that the Soviets still haven’t really been conquered and occupied even by the time the book takes place but more shattered as a functioning state and pushed back to the steppes and mountains. So it takes seriously the vast disparity that existed in production in our timeline especially for the time it was written where even academic historians thought the Germans had a chance.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

hard men make soft times, soft times make soft men, soft men make men hard. Simple as

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Regarde Aduck posted:

On one hand it sucks to get exiled over that dumbass war, on the other c'mon man, what did he expect?

I can’t remember after reading that thread how I feel about war. Is it good? Bad? If only someone in the Ukraine thread could clarify.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

(Ron Howard voice) the war was, in fact, bad

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A lot to consider

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

The guy who can't stop posting about how he hates Muslims, wants them dead, and loves war only ate a ban lol

There’s a guy in the troop forum in the last month who got a warning for telling someone to till themselves for saying Aaron Bushnell did something heroic and only got like a week for repeatedly talking about how awesome and cool it was for Israel to blow up the consulate. I think that was the same week Al Saqr got banned lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Americans take note: the key to an empire on which the sun never sets is channeling the power of barely repressed homosexuality.

:yeshaha:

I think it was more the institutionalized pedophilia and child abuse that really created the perfect middle manager freaks of empire

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I only listen to bad music

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Choose your build
Guy from drive who listens to breaking Benjamin soundtrack
V
Caitlyn Jenner who listens to drive soundtrack

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Silver foxes ftw

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Baldies gtfo

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Calm, even

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Be glad us won, if it was russia you would be sitting in a police station basement watching nkvd doing things to your female family members before they bring in some hammers.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My [22F] left-wing boyfriend's [31M] life has been taken over by conspiracy theories
(self.relationship_advice)

quote:

My boyfriend has always been a left wing guy. Part of what I liked about him is that he believes in things and has been involved in various good causes. However, the combination of Bernie losing the dem primary and COVID seems to have changed him into a completely different person and I’m scared of who he has become. He started following supposedly far leftist people on and reading various weird conspiracy sites, it started off relatively small like how he kept going on about how Biden was a corporate stooge or how Warren was a plant by the DNC to take away votes from Bernie; stuff where maybe there was an element of truth but where a narrative of maliciousness was created where there wasn’t really. It kept getting more extreme though; when the BLM protests started he wouldn’t get involved with any of the protests despite having been involved before with them and everyone asking him to.

When our POC friends tried to educate him on why the protests were important he kept saying that BLM was CIA backed and it was designed to alienate the working classes from each other. Whenever anyone would explain that the there’s literally no evidence for that and that he was basically repeating a far right conspiracy he literally calls us all sheep and that we're blinded by our 'ideology'.
From there he has really spiralled, he refused to vote for Biden and called him a rapist and kept pushing all of those discredited Ukraine stories. Whenever I tried to show him how that was discredited by the NYT he called me an ‘idiot’ for believing the NYT and that it was democrat propaganda. He said he didn’t vote for Trump but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me; right before election day he posted this big rant on facebook about how Biden was a puppet of the neocons and the ‘military industrial complex’.

Some other conspiracies he now shares include:
9/11 was planned by a sinister cabal of people in government, the military and the CIA (according to him the CIA is basically responsible for everthing that happens everywhere)

Corbyn (british left wing guy accused of being anti semitic) was set up by ‘powerful Zionists’
Literally every Epstein conspiracy ever even ones that contradict each other

A certain very famous and beloved film director is the head of Hollywood pedophile group that basically includes 90% of famous people (he keeps accusing famous people of being pedos or being friends with epstein)
I know these are all massive loving neon red flags, but I think that this year has basically destroyed his mental health and I feel like I can’t leave him like this because it will just lead him to spiral into a really dark place. To his credit, he hasn’t really got into the coronavirus conspiracies, he says that he is neutral, though he has recently started saying that the drug companies were exaggerating their vaccine results to inflate their share prices so I’m really worried he’s falling down that rabbithole as well.

Has anyone else dealt with this, and has anyone else managed to save a loved one from this conspiracy madness?

A new front in the posting wars between cspam and dnd

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

He’s right

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

selec posted:

found an insane dude on youtube who keeps rotating in new bugs into his giant bug cage as they die off and he has youtube eulogies for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYCFEfV7Vo

Arachnid death camp for clicks

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

[Chorus]
Van full of retards, ha ha ha ha!
Van full of retards, you drool on yourself!

[Verse]
You couldn't even win a bronze in the Special Olympics
Your parents are ashamed of themselves and you!

[Chorus]
Van full of retards, ha ha ha ha!
Van full of retards, you drool on yourself!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

i genuinely want to understand what makes actual adults post like this.

It's not funny or edgy and makes you come across like a miserable rear end in a top hat

Antisemitism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018