Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I did my taxes today so uncle sam can afford more war (I owed a lot)

i as well and am getting money back. being poor and having intentionally miscalibrated withholdings stays winning :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
every pay period i automatically tell my employer to stash some of my dinero away in a little piggy bank. then, every april i get a little treat, a gift to myself. this is called self care

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

why the gently caress did you wait if you were getting a refund

im regarded :tipshat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i actually tried to do this a while ago but the student loan website was such a piece of poo poo it pissed me off too much so i closed the window for months, in protest

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

the gift of an interest-free loan to the government

i support the governmernt, yes :911:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lpzie posted:

including a personal letter in the irs envelope imploring them to send my tax dollars directly to israel immediately. find included a 2nd envelope with paid postage and address ready.

Yep

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol but thinking about the goon that refused to believe the character stormfront from the boys was a nazi

this was very cool and I remember flaming someone for this a long time ago

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BearsBearsBears posted:

He found that Napoleon is 23 standard deviations above the mean. 1 in a trillion is something like 7 standard deviations. He found out that Napoleon was a 1 in a billion trillion commander and this didn't cause him to reevaluate his methodology at all.

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lpzie posted:

yup. nobody really understands the human body. even the so-called doctors with 10 years. all they learn is how to inject you and look at you for miscolorations and touch you all under your shirt and other places. but when you come in and you say doc. I got a pain here here and it only happens when I do this this they don't know anything , completely clueless. I'm sorry but modern medicine is a joke and we might as well go back to stuff that really works like acupuncture or psychedelics. that's the truth nobody wants you to know though..

Lpzie posted:

I had a pinched nerve on my back from benching and I looked up posts online and people were like " I've been living with this for 10 years, what do I do "and you know what I did? I just went back on the bench and just did the motion again. Bing bong nerve unpinched feeling great. that's reality but no doctor will ever tell you that . not if they want to keep their license

wisdom

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im reading a big book called On Thermonuclear War

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

thats the one with the epic megadeath charts

we gotta get rid of these things

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my mouthwash makes eveyrhing taste weird for a while

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

External Organs posted:

Then again I am eating chili at my desk before 11am

if i bring lunch to work i always eat it immediately. cant endure the wait

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

instantly failing the marshmallow test every day for your entire life ftw

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you lack discipline, which is why you're in grad school

yep

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heres something cool about school:

as you may know FAFSA is all messed up this year. the website is all jacked up and something about the backend bureaucracy is jacked up too, lots of forms not submitting or getting lost or being delayed and all sorts of this.

my school serves low income students. most of them rely on fafsa

due to this enrollment is down, a percent nearly 1:1 with the fafsa shortfalls

due to this the admin is cutting classes which screws over both lecturers and students. if you cant get the classes you need you simply stop going to school. this further reduces enrollment.

gg

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i went to a wrestling show at the vfw once and there were old dudes in the bar smoking inside. the vfw is like a weird embassy of a bygone era. strange place

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

if you're ever up in Bay Area, come to HOODSLAM with me. it rules https://secretsanfrancisco.com/hoodslam-oakland-wrestling/ basically everyone wrestling in zelda costumes and the whole audience smoking bongs n cigars with just billows of giant smoke pouring out of the building non-stop. it's more smoke than o2

looks cool !!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

at an old job i had, i had possibly the stupidest boss ever. this was a fortune 100 company and his hurricane "business continuity plan" for our team was that we would all go down to his local VFW hall... which was located 30 miles south of the city closer to the coast than our actual office was. thankfully we never had to put that into effect and he got fired for being stupid.

also he and his wife were swingers and he would hit on people at the office lol.

easy promotions here... or a quick termination. dangerous gambit but could be worth it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Dear Wired,

I never thought it'd happen to me, not living in the bay area and such - but it did, I can't believe it. My friend's tech-adjacent (design) company folded and has delivered unto me an unimaginable bounty of contraptions and gizmos; not to mention the famed "Aeron Chair" !

I wish I had more space, so that I could take more things, but this chair, some hard drives, and some esoteric video processing boxes will have to suffice.

To the readers out there, stay strong. Your dreams are just a day away from coming true.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Today some cspam posters had so much white guilt about Taylor swift's new #1 platinum album that those posters binged MoTown.

LMFAO

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
may i see these posts pls im dying for it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

[Pop Culture] top of page 2683

Edit: it is sprinkled before and after that, but that page has highest concentration.

THANK YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
read the pop culture thread as instructed and groaned a lot at the blizzlolz style posting in there. very shameful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
me n neighbors be grillen hot dogggg & accoutrements

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

who is the idf "reservist" scum mod?

me. mwahahahahaha

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Smythe, your gf is worried about you.

my gf also believes the conspiracies

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
gonna be 76 here. nice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

selec posted:

found an insane dude on youtube who keeps rotating in new bugs into his giant bug cage as they die off and he has youtube eulogies for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYCFEfV7Vo

thats one crazy rear end terrarium drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

This guy rules. He makes cool huge ant farms and terrariums and then does a bunch of insane stuff for the drama. Very meerkat manor energy to him

yes wow thATS it EXACTLY!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

beautiful cool (weather wise) day out, spent the morning at the zoo with my family and now am chilling in the back yard with my son

sounds nice dude grats

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

"you had a pretty big skill gap with the report building exercise, but i created a position for you at basically the same salary if you want it"

:woop: w00000000t :woop:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rough draft of a big paper turned in. professor keeps trimming out all my epic philosopher namedrops and quotes. turning it into a Social Science paper. don't like it. ah well.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

i beoke a tooth >:[

the WORST. nightmare scenario

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

smythe you're a big enough nerd that your grad school professor thinks your a nerd lol

im ju8st really bad at writing social science papers. unsure why this discipline exists really

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Megamissen posted:

where is that from

your freaking moms womb. it’s your sibling and you love it. and it wrote a slur on your Christmas sweater in bleach and everyone laughed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

imagine going into an interview, the guy says this and then just walks out the window

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

I, too, got pinged for a job interview. They're flying me out to NYC to meet me. I think it is real, I am prepared if this is just an elaborate Casting Couch situation.

Please give me good vibes. I deserve them too.

break a leg!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

I've been putting a giant spoonful of chili crisp in my ramen lately, it's ftw

wisdom