Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Round these parts calling someone a roaster means they are a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
It's me. I'm the guy that takes the his coffee cup with him into the bathroom and then sits that same cup on the break room counter top between the doughnut boxes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

So let me ask you this: is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee anymore in this country? Huh? What happened to coffee? Did I miss a loving meeting with the coffee? Huh? You can get every other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee. They got mochaccino, they got chocaccino, frapaccino, capuccino, rapaccino, alpaccino, WHAT THE gently caress?! https://www.what-the-gently caress.com!

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

I bring a baggie of fresh ground locally roasted coffee and a reusable k cup. I spoon out the individual portions. Yes it's all carefully weighed.

numberoneposter posted:

So let me ask you this: is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee anymore in this country? Huh? What happened to coffee? Did I miss a loving meeting with the coffee? Huh? You can get every other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee. They got mochaccino, they got chocaccino, frapaccino, capuccino, rapaccino, alpaccino, WHAT THE gently caress?! https://www.what-the-gently caress.com!

Americans are brainwashed to think ultra dark roast coffee is refined or desirable(when really it's just a shelf stable product that doesn't start tasting old on corporate timelines and weeks on the shelf) Starbucks even shifts the whole roast chart use in industry to avoid having to stock light roasts, because light roasts taste stale after only about a week.

So they heavily market dark roasts, which objectively taste terrible (because they taste of burnt materials and cooked oils). So to make it drinkable they drown it in fat, sugar and artificial flavoring. People love that, and having a 'cup of coffee' is more socially acceptable than two chocolate bars for breakfast. So now everywhere is getting in on the sales offering, and it's displacing the original cheap dose of caffeine.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Americans are brainwashed to think ultra dark roast coffee is refined or desirable(when really it's just a shelf stable product that doesn't start tasting old on corporate timelines and weeks on the shelf) Starbucks even shifts the whole roast chart use in industry to avoid having to stock light roasts, because light roasts taste stale after only about a week.

So they heavily market dark roasts, which objectively taste terrible (because they taste of burnt materials and cooked oils). So to make it drinkable they drown it in fat, sugar and artificial flavoring. People love that, and having a 'cup of coffee' is more socially acceptable than two chocolate bars for breakfast. So now everywhere is getting in on the sales offering, and it's displacing the original cheap dose of caffeine.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Brewing coffee in a reusable k-cup aside :rolleye:, yup

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Smugworth posted:

Brewing coffee in a reusable k-cup aside :rolleye:, yup

I only do it at work. At home I usually just make tea.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Barrel Cactaur posted:

I only do it at work. At home I usually just make tea.

I bring my coffee to work op

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I walked into a Starbucks about a year ago, little kid behind the counter. I go, "Yeah, give me a regular." "A regular what?" "Coffee." "What flavor?" "Coffee-flavored coffee." I'll stick that menu right up your rear end, kid! Menu... coffee doesn't need a menu, it needs a cup, that's all it needs! Maybe a saucer underneath the cup, that's it!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

I walked into a Starbucks about a year ago, little kid behind the counter. I go, "Yeah, give me a regular." "A regular what?" "Coffee." "What flavor?" "Coffee-flavored coffee." I'll stick that menu right up your rear end, kid! Menu... coffee doesn't need a menu, it needs a cup, that's all it needs! Maybe a saucer underneath the cup, that's it!

While you were correct in giving that Starbucks employee a verbal thrashing, I wouldn't say you don't need a coffee menu. Coffee is grown in a variety of regions which will have both subtle and not-so-subtle effects on the natural terroir of the bean

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I had a co-worker that had a magical coffee cup. An hour after pouring it and drinking half, it would still be warm like just out of the pot. He told me it it was the same ceramics used to make the heat shielding on space shuttles, and even without a lid it just completely retained the heat for a couple of hours. It was some serious voodoo. Apparently he paid around $100 for this cup.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I make a cold brew, then I heat up the cold brew so it's hot, then I add ice so it's cold again

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Oh you’ve never had or heard of a Cortado? Isn’t that adorable my little country mouse. I forget not everyone lives in the big city like me. :smug:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

numberoneposter posted:

Again with the rape of the culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLyn_feOptg

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's a shame you spend so much money on beans but still brew with... tap water

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You what? Drink it? Oh honey no. It goes right in my rear end in a top hat.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

You what? Drink it? Oh honey no. It goes right in my rear end in a top hat.

I prefer to anally imbibe my coffee, lest its flavor be distorted by my saliva…

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
this? essentially battery acid. you wouldnt get it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBl9aXbljLA

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Chrs posted:

At our place before we moved to home working the mugs were just a bunch of random ones that someone had bought from a charity shop. Amongst them was an Incredible Hulk mug that one guy really liked. One day someone took the mug and the guy left a note in the kitchen demanding for it to be returned as it was his favourite mug but at some point during the day the note was changed so that it said “Please return my Incredible Hunk mug.”

The guy was so mad he threw the office door wide open so it banged against the wall and shouted for whoever was “bullying him” to return his mug immediately or he’d be reporting them to the CEO even though he had no idea who had taken it to report and the CEO wouldn’t have given two shits anyway lol.

The mug was never seen again lol.

The guy also once threw a tantrum because he put a Zelda poster up on the wall and the HR woman took it down an hour later handed it and said “this is a working office not a teenager’s bedroom.”

Sounds like y’all bullied a sad man-child.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The concept of communal mugs is a gross and disturbing one. I don’t need no rando sipping off my Tervis Tumbler.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
One time the only cafe within walking distance from work was closed. I was in the office kitchenette with this dude on our special events team who was bemoaning how exhausted he was and how he’d have to soldier through the day without any coffee and blah blah blah. I was literally at that moment running the communal coffee pot and pointed out as much.

Without a hint of irony: “I can’t drink that. I just wish I hadn’t ruined my palate with all of those artisanal blends.”

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Whats with those expensive heat retaining coffee mugs mentioned in the thread? If you want to drink some coffee, what's the point having it sit there for hours?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sekenr posted:

Whats with those expensive heat retaining coffee mugs mentioned in the thread? If you want to drink some coffee, what's the point having it sit there for hours?

Heh, I guess you've never given your coffee a chance to breathe.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sekenr posted:

sorry abouit your pathetic coffee drinking experience

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sekenr posted:

Yeah, I prefer to keep my coffee in my heat retaining bladder

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I guess you could just not aerate. You could also go gently caress yourself.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My civets consent, what yours don’t? Yikes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I actually don't drink coffee since I've never developed a physical addiction to caffeine.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Moon Monster posted:

I actually don't drink coffee since I've never developed a physical addiction to caffeine.

All,

Posters like this can still lead rewarding lives. Do not be ableist.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The ultimate in slow drip coffee is an IV.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

*spits coffee back into cup*

Was this pumpkin even ripe before it was spiced?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
This thread made me stop by the fancy coffee exchange in our market district and pick up a bunch of fancy bullshit today

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I heat my coffee water in a Japanese gooseneck kettle forged with steel smelted in a traditional Tatara furnace, lit only once a generation. The clan that forged my kettle adopted me as an honorary member and gave me a name that translates to “god of coffee and good taste” which I had engraved on my kettle and also tattooed on my coffee pouring arm.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wait, you all drinking coffee out of a mug? I drink my coffee out of the skulls of my fallen enemies.

I didn't even have to write "don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" on it, because now people don't talk to me at all!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Don’t talk to me until I’ve had my barista

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lt. Cock posted:

This thread made me stop by the fancy coffee exchange in our market district and pick up a bunch of fancy bullshit today

Welcome to the good life

lipid
Feb 21, 2001
I rescued a civet from a Walmart parking lot. Looks like a calico but don’t be fooled.

Deep Thought
Mar 7, 2005
Yeah, I asked for one teaspoon—of sea salt or pink salt. You really thought I meant sugar? *raises eyebrows before walking away*

*sips enroute to his desk, planting his empty mug down beside a full mug of salty cold coffee he brewed earlier*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Do you even get full bloom coffee? Pull up a chair and allow me to demystify and explain the science behind a perfect cup.