Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jesse killed Gale in Breaking Bad because Gale was an annoying passive-aggressive coffee guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

Deep Thought posted:

Yeah, I asked for one teaspoon—of sea salt or pink salt. You really thought I meant sugar? *raises eyebrows before walking away*

Just so you know, it's a pinch of salt added to your grounds before brewing. I could see how it might be easier for you to add it later, but well... the results speak for themselves.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Here's how I make my coffee:

https://i.imgur.com/jVSkzT2.mp4

Enjoy your swill.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

McGavin posted:

Enjoy your swill.

Lazy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

McGavin posted:

Enjoy your swill.

ngl thinking to become a passive-aggrssive coffee guy after seeing this

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Seriouspost:

There is no such thing as a good coffee in most of America and especially in the Midwest. Hardly anyone is getting espresso right.

99% of potential coffee enjoyers are brewing pre-ground drip coffee thats basically Folgers but in a brown waxed bag instead of a costco red plastic tub and over paying.

The american obsession with dark roast is hilarious to me. My coffee has been roasted DARK and ROBUST, its not LIGHT becsuse thays a word I associate with WOMEN and DIETS.

Americans literally melt down at the idea of sitting in a cafe because its a european concept and will turn you gay.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

McGavin posted:

Enjoy your swill.

$2000 coffee set up and a $300 stove oven combo. Nice.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
*drinks an entirely normal cup of coffee at a cafe*

Well. Certainly wont be coming back here

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

abigserve posted:

*drinks an entirely normal cup of coffee at a cafe*

Well. Certainly wont be coming back here

Try putting some whipped cream and m&ms on it and enjoying it from a trough youve set up in the back of your F-250 Lariat you philistine.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

$2000 coffee set up and a $300 stove oven combo. Nice.

How can he tell how it was roasted? Other than just hope for the best

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Smell and experience probably.

I can cook a burger to temp on a grill without staring at it the whole time.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Deep Thought
Mar 7, 2005

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

the results speak for themselves.

Yeah. My coffee tastes salty this morning and it's gonna need more sugar, thanks for the tip.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I refuse to drink an espresso from any machine made after 1979

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Man, who has time for all that every time they want a coffee? Probably a loving landlord or somehing.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

goatface posted:

Man, who has time for all that every time they want a coffee? Probably a loving landlord or somehing.

Sober people

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Extra Large Marge posted:

Jesse killed Gale in Breaking Bad because Gale was an annoying passive-aggressive coffee guy

Most relatable part of the show

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

McGavin posted:

Enjoy your swill.

dang

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

McGavin posted:

Enjoy your swill.

I’m not gonna do all that but I’ll let him make one for me

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

All that for like half an espresso

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i mean if i was going to all that trouble i'd at least make it an americano

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Call Your Grandma posted:

i mean if i was going to all that trouble i'd at least make it an americano

:hfive:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
When cooking it is always better to replace water with broth and the same logic applies to brewing coffee

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

When cooking it is always better to replace water with broth and the same logic applies to brewing coffee

but ofc the no salt added broth so you can dial in the salt levels to your taste

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

oh you don't brew a starter cup to brew another cup of coffee with? it really blooms the flavor profiles, i'm telling you

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I brew 3-5 cups of coffee that I dont drink whenever I get a new type of bean to ensure optimal grind and brew time.

This coffee is frozen for use in desserts or cocktails.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Poohs Packin posted:

I brew 3-5 cups of coffee that I dont drink whenever I get a new type of bean to ensure optimal grind and brew time.

This coffee is frozen for use in desserts or cocktails.

I do the same, only I take the frozen coffee brick and throw it off a highway overpass

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just pour the coffee you didn't finish yesterday into the coffee maker reservoir and brew a new pot

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Poohs Packin posted:

Seriouspost:

There is no such thing as a good coffee in most of America and especially in the Midwest. Hardly anyone is getting espresso right.

99% of potential coffee enjoyers are brewing pre-ground drip coffee thats basically Folgers but in a brown waxed bag instead of a costco red plastic tub and over paying.

The american obsession with dark roast is hilarious to me. My coffee has been roasted DARK and ROBUST, its not LIGHT becsuse thays a word I associate with WOMEN and DIETS.

Americans literally melt down at the idea of sitting in a cafe because its a european concept and will turn you gay.

the dark roast misconception is so loving weird. Ive met like 3 people who know its bullshit, everyone else just falls for the "dark coffee is stronger and manlier :) " poo poo

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Smugworth posted:

Just pour the coffee you didn't finish yesterday into the coffee maker reservoir and brew a new pot

I saw someone do this as a bar bet. It was...interesting. Close as I can describe is Bart Simpson on Focusin.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

McGavin posted:

Enjoy your swill.

YEAH 4 CREAMS 4 SUGAHS

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Heh, amateurs. Bet none of you have even tried café noir straight from the civet, have you.

Peanut Butter fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 25, 2024

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icCUrWDSh0k

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Bonzo posted:

Look, I know all these mugs are the same and belong to the company but I like the blue one. It's my thing. I've worked here 7 years and I always take the blue mug form the cabinet. I swear to God, Tony I will go to HR if you don't give me that blue mug right now!

*punches wall*

This is a real conversation that happened at an old job.

There's rules and there's laws and there's poo poo carved on stone slabs and there's Do Not Take Someone's Favourite Mug.

Satan has a whole new level carved out just for this.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Peanut Butter posted:

Heh, amateurs. Bet none of you have even tried café noir straight from the civet, have you.

I eat pieces of poo poo like that for breakfast

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
I bet it goes well with that cup of poo poo you call coffee.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

A white plastic coffee maker? Adorable!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Last year I bought an Aeropress because I was staying at my parents place for a month and they drink watery folgers from a drip machine.

Howling Bells
May 10, 2007

Dear Pat Monaghan and that other guy,

We believe 'Hey Soul Sister' to be a ponderous and heartless money grab. You should be ashamed. It's not enough that you used the I-V-VI-IV chord progression, Beato, but you do it on a ukulele? It sounds like a Vonage commercial. Stop the Train!

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

I bet it goes well with that cup of poo poo you call coffee.

I'll have you know that this bean actually came from the rear end in a top hat of a sacred bat in Madagascar. You see, the digestion gives it a real depth of flavor you would never find in consumer grade coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

McGavin posted:

Enjoy your swill.

What sort of alkane ratio are you using in your gas? Oh you don’t know? I mean ummm…