Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I haven't spoken to my wife since she brought home a Nespresso machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you can't see the soot from the roasters billowing out the back of your coffee shop, are you really having fresh coffee?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sure Starbucks is fine, if you don't have a nose or a tongue anyway

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

People still drink Keurig? Isn't that stuff made in a lab?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I won't drink anything but pourovers

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

And your coffee maker?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh, sure, your coffee's great, just like Folger's

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh, they don't have coffee flavorings here

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I find a thimble full of room temperature hedgehog milk in the otherwise unmolested cup of coffee complements the natural terroir of the bean

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Anyway I only use fair trade grass fed and finished Irish butter in my Bulletproof

But do you know what kind of grass? Fescue? Bluegrass? Ryegrass? What's the cows lineage?Was it well socialized or an outcast of the herd? These are the factors that will effect the terroir of the bean and create vastly different flavor experiences

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Coffee? Sure I keep Keurig pods for my guests. I don't think you would appreciate or even like the coffee I brew for myself.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You ever hear of an Americano? My grandfather invented it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh, I'm saving those beans for a special occasion

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Starbucks? Heh, would you like a little coffee with your milkshake?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I bring my French press everywhere I go

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

so what

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh this? It's a bespoke crafted coffee grinder by a local machinist that grinds my coffee to precise specifications. A trifle for any true connoisseur, really

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bradzilla posted:

sorry about your mug op. I don't use ceramic mugs though, I put my coffee in an insulated tumbler to maintain the perfect drinking temperature

Haha I used to have a really nice well made tumbler that kept my coffee warm for hours but I tossed it out once I got a SmartMug. I can set it to whatever temperature I want and it will keep it there all day, and it generates graphs showing the temperature fluctuations of my mug over time. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it if you can afford one.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Americans are brainwashed to think ultra dark roast coffee is refined or desirable(when really it's just a shelf stable product that doesn't start tasting old on corporate timelines and weeks on the shelf) Starbucks even shifts the whole roast chart use in industry to avoid having to stock light roasts, because light roasts taste stale after only about a week.

So they heavily market dark roasts, which objectively taste terrible (because they taste of burnt materials and cooked oils). So to make it drinkable they drown it in fat, sugar and artificial flavoring. People love that, and having a 'cup of coffee' is more socially acceptable than two chocolate bars for breakfast. So now everywhere is getting in on the sales offering, and it's displacing the original cheap dose of caffeine.

Brewing coffee in a reusable k-cup aside :rolleye:, yup

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

I walked into a Starbucks about a year ago, little kid behind the counter. I go, "Yeah, give me a regular." "A regular what?" "Coffee." "What flavor?" "Coffee-flavored coffee." I'll stick that menu right up your rear end, kid! Menu... coffee doesn't need a menu, it needs a cup, that's all it needs! Maybe a saucer underneath the cup, that's it!

While you were correct in giving that Starbucks employee a verbal thrashing, I wouldn't say you don't need a coffee menu. Coffee is grown in a variety of regions which will have both subtle and not-so-subtle effects on the natural terroir of the bean

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sekenr posted:

Whats with those expensive heat retaining coffee mugs mentioned in the thread? If you want to drink some coffee, what's the point having it sit there for hours?

Heh, I guess you've never given your coffee a chance to breathe.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just pour the coffee you didn't finish yesterday into the coffee maker reservoir and brew a new pot

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Peanut Butter posted:

Heh, amateurs. Bet none of you have even tried café noir straight from the civet, have you.

I eat pieces of poo poo like that for breakfast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/???????????2?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLXQuxR2/

Does anyone know how to embed timtoks