Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Look, I know all these mugs are the same and belong to the company but I like the blue one. It's my thing. I've worked here 7 years and I always take the blue mug form the cabinet. I swear to God, Tony I will go to HR if you don't give me that blue mug right now!

*punches wall*

This is a real conversation that happened at an old job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Oh you use nutra sweet? Bless your heart

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I prefer a finer grind, sure. But this is fine.

No. 6 posted:

So did you go to HR about your mug?

The mug was stolen and was passed around from person to person, each one taking a photo of the mug in a different spot of town. The guy actually went to HR and we had to give it back to him because he was literally crying with rage

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 16, 2024

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Almond milk, huh? I use oatmilk because I guess it's better for the environment. I just like to stay informed, ya know?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm sorry you're offended, Vikas. I guess I should wait until I've had my morning coffee before I start talking about what I read on Facebook this morning.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I heard it causes cancer. Well I guess if you just use a little CoffeeMate, Martha you should be fine. Moderation and all.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

And then I told the kids that well, in the true spirit of Christmas, let's give all the gift money to this fine internet stranger, who wants to open his own coffee stand. It's what America is all about right?

I just keep thinking about those coffee beans.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Actually it's from the Dutch word, koffie .....

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Actually it's from the Dutch word, koffie .....

And Sufis in Yemen used the beverage as an aid to concentration and as a kind of spiritual intoxication when they chanted the name of God.

But yeah Allan, I guess Timmy's with a pump of hazlenut is fine.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

You know, contrary to its role in recent centuries, coffee became a subject of debate for some. When the fatwa came into effect in 1532–1533, coffee and its consumption was established as haram. Kinda like that horrible Irish cream flavor you use, Angie.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Shelly, did you know that the first coffeehouse in Austria opened in Vienna in 1683 after the Battle of Vienna, by using supplies from the spoils obtained after defeating the Turks? I guess they used skim milk as well.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I mean, I suppose not drinking fair-trade is fine, if that's all you can afford. You do you.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c1F0PpbHdg

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm the Realtor in a coffee shop leeching free wifi and speaking loudly over speaker phone

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The orange handle used to mean decaf but....ok

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Well that's fine if you think that was, David. But you see I'm a mod for the subreddit /r/Coffee/ so I know a few things.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

*taps mug*

Bill, the mug clearly states that you can't talk to me until I finish this cup

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Who wants to roll up my rim?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

lol look at Shirley over there with last years' YETI.

Oh hey Girl, how you doin'?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

It's me. I'm the guy that takes the his coffee cup with him into the bathroom and then sits that same cup on the break room counter top between the doughnut boxes

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

So let me ask you this: is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee anymore in this country? Huh? What happened to coffee? Did I miss a loving meeting with the coffee? Huh? You can get every other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee. They got mochaccino, they got chocaccino, frapaccino, capuccino, rapaccino, alpaccino, WHAT THE gently caress?! https://www.what-the-gently caress.com!

Again with the rape of the culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLyn_feOptg

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Smugworth posted:

Just pour the coffee you didn't finish yesterday into the coffee maker reservoir and brew a new pot

I saw someone do this as a bar bet. It was...interesting. Close as I can describe is Bart Simpson on Focusin.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icCUrWDSh0k

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I never tried coffee until I was around 16 got a night job at a call center. I could not drink it without 5 or 6 sugars but that also added to my buzz, but I'd get a massive headache later. I just figured all coffee was like that.

My Grandfather used to use a percolator to make coffee every morning and I can still hear that sound in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

*keeps saying "expresso"