Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Adam, Cole saw this spot and he's out an additional 9 months due to injury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That's the kind of show that reminds me why I love wrestling

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I loved Julia's transformation into a goblin. You could just feel her delight in cheating, and beating people up in the dark.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I used to feel this way about Roderick Strong

I still do

I have been watching Roderick Strong for like 15 years now, waiting to actually find his personality interesting

I am still waiting, I have never really gotten behind Roddy, I only enjoy him when he is doing sick backbreakers

he does amazing backbreakers. And now he looks like the most fit member of Weezer so I'm 100 percent bought in.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Blankspot posted:

I live in the US and have been buying AEW ppvs from Bleacher Report from the beginning. I can't keep up with the cost anymore with how many shows they do now. I was thinking of trying to VPN and ordering that way.

I know nothing about how to activate a VPN. Which ones are reliable. What additional devices I might need.

Would anyone be able to tell me in the most dumbed down way how to go about participating in that 3 ppv for $50 deal? I see it on Triller but it also might require AEW Plus?

The TV we watch on we have always used the BR app on Xbox. I can hook up a laptop to watch off of too. I don't have a roku or any other similar device, but don't mind getting one if that makes this easier. I dont believe my TV has any built in streaming apps. I've seen people mention casting from their phone and disabling the VPN once it starts? When I've seen people mention pick any address as billing/location in UK do I just go to Google maps and click somewhere and use that?

I use my internet providers router for wifi if that is relevant.

Thank you. I look forward to hooting and hollering at a price that keeps me watching.

here's how I do it. I got Nord VPN. The yearly price was crazy cheap - like $2.85 a month. Then I bought aew+ so I can get ppv discounts on triller and I can watch aew without commercials. And then I set vpn to ireland and that works every time. I was able to download the nord vpn and triller apps on my fire tv and I have to imagine they have apps on all smart televisions. Then I set the app on my tv to ireland and log into triller and watch that way. It's cheaper than buying cable thats for sure.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Why are all of AEW's top wrestlers Heels or Tweeners?

Mr Hootington posted:

Wrong thread

mostly because AEW has been going on so long that characters have had developments that blur the line. Mox used to be pure babyface but then he discovered his love of violence above all other considerations due to his friendship with Danielson. Hangman was pure babyface until he helped ftr beat the young bucks because he was so worried about losing the tag titles because it was all he had to make him think he was worth his peers friendship. Osprey is pretty much pure babyface but he's also in a heel group because he's kinda dumb lol.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't know who mox or Hangman are. I don't think they have been on any of the shows I've watched.

Osprey gives me Sting in the 4 horsemen vibes.

From Gavok's stickied thread:

The Blackpool Combat Club (Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, Wheeler Yuta): Put together by William Regal (who then slipped out of the company the moment Triple H was back in power in WWE), the idea was for Danielson and Moxley to work together to mold the future of wrestling. Then Claudio joined. So far, after all this time, they just have one student in Wheeler Yuta.

The team’s alignment changes by the minute, but the main thing to know is that Moxley is the ace of AEW and Danielson is on his way out of wrestling, using his last year to have as many dream matches as possible before he forces himself to hang it up.

and

Hangman Adam Page: On-and-off-again member of the Elite and adorable cowboy man. Was, for a time, the protagonist of AEW. Now he’s crazy and has a mustache. Gets blamed for CM Punk going insane.

Both have had a ton of great matches in aew.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STING 64 posted:

Jon Moxley is the de facto captain of the Blackpool Combat Club. He hasn't been on AEW tv as much because he's the current top reigning champion in New Japan Pro Wrestling and is fulfilling commitments in that company. Hangman Adam Page is a day one AEW main eventer who just had a double turn with Swerve Strickland last year and has been taking time off since losing in a three way match against Samoa Joe and Swerve at the last PPV where his only goal was to ensure Swerve doesn't Win The Big One, to the point people question if he tapped out to Joe in that match just so Swerve wouldn't get a chance to win.

It should be noted that Hangman had never tapped out before this, Swerve had to choke him out with a chain to beat him in a texas death match. Also hangman beat Mox in a texas deathmatch and is the only man to have made Mox tap out by also hanging him with a chain.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good luck. I thought it would be too complicated at first too but honestly the hardest part is setting up the accounts. Once it's all set up all I have to do is log into the vpn on my tv and then log into triller - and those stay logged in automatically for me. Easy peasy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

this will go over well on twitter

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jericho as the Ocho was great. So the idea of Jericho acting like he's bigger than the world champ or something with the loving FTW title would be amazing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

They’ve done this a couple of times now and it’s such a neat way to come back from a break.

They also have a camera on a dolly below the hard cam they use sometimes that gives a really unique shot. It’s level with the ring or so and the shot from behind the crowd makes it look like a movie shot rather than a sports shot.

actually tony khan is jealous of wwe's cinematic universe and is clearly aping its style again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

:psyduck:

This is baffling to me, the person who posted earlier this morning there aren't enough top heels

reading too many hoot posts is like reading eldritch truth.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Everything surrounding toni storm is so weird lol

Toni Storm and her husband Juice Robinson are also both really weird IRL.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

Hey, remember in the last thread that I said I was writing a listicle about AEW's best storylines? Here's the listicle about AEW's best storylines.

This was a great write up Gavok.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the elite/inner circle feud also had amazing moments like Hangman running like 50 yards on a football field to do a lariat and when he road into the stadium stampede match on a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_57WHrNLdQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSePwDI9OA0&t=25s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

I will always be grateful to AEW for helping keep me sane during the Covid lockdown.

if nothing else, it will always hold a special place in my heart for this reason. It was a very tough time for us all.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's time. I'm giving this whole AEW Plus thing a try.

The shows are so much better. I can't even shout this from the mountaintops loud enough

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'M REWATCHING OSPREAY V CLAUDIO RIGHT NOW THIS RULES

Welcome home brother!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't give a crap about the ratings. That was a great show. And ratings being good or bad didn't make it suddenly a bad show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

people who enjoy aew dont care about the ratings. People who like aew most the time but find things they dont like and want to discuss don't really care about ratings - they wanna talk about their critiques. And those who don't like aew don't really care about the ratings - they'll just talk about how they were bad regardless no matter what they are. Ratings talk is pointless.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1780998745007812654

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jack Perry is cooler because Tony showed that footage so I'm all for it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Matt Hardy is old now and out of good ideas so now he's just another attitude era wrestler angry that aew exists.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Penta should be the playable character in a game. When you upgrade him he changes colors.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Penta should be world champion

I do wish Penta was given a bigger push. Don't get me wrong I'm happy he's featured often and I'm glad he's paid well. But I want more. MORE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've seen Penta be world champ in LU and TNA so at least I got that. But I would love to see it in AEW. I think he could be a great world champ

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Will Osuck

Jon suxley

Swerve shitland

Suckola Joe

Hack

rear end in a top hat Adam lame

Toni poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tony rules as a booker because he lets wrestlers wrestle

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

why do it if you weren't going to do anything with it? I understand if plans change, but doing it with the foreknowledge that it wouldn't lead to a match is weird.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know with watching collision right now I think they have fixed the Don callis family. It feels a lot better than it had been.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I used TunnelBear to set up AEW+ through Triller and did the triple PPV bundle. How long do I have to keep AEW+? All three months?

you dont need to keep aew plus for the papes. you bought it at the discount so now you own them. you can unsubscribe to aew plus right now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Mercedes speaks very clearly and forcefully which is a lot more than some women on the roster who do not do anything close to that. I frankly think a lot of the criticism of Mercedes is just weird at this point especially after her last promo.

I think it became a thing to be critical of her. Frankly I don't think one thing or another right now because she's in a holding pattern.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

wrong thread

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

He’s gonna lose to the Head of the Buffet Table

you talking poo poo about Joe? I cannot abide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m pro big boy. I thought you were a Swerve Synchophant

I have room in my heart for both. Mostly because I have an enlarged heart