Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
From Moon Studios, the award-winning developers of Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps comes No Rest for the Wicked, a visceral, precision Action RPG set to reinvent the genre.

The year is 841 – King Harol is dead. As word of his death echoes throughout the kingdom, the crown passes to his arrogant, yet untested son Magnus.

Even worse, the Pestilence, an unholy plague not seen for a thousand years, has returned. It sweeps across the land, corrupting everything and everyone it touches. Madrigal Seline, a ruthlessly ambitious figure in the church, sees the Pestilence as a chance to prove herself in the eyes of her god.

These forces converge on the backwater Isola Sacra, where rebel groups and the provincial government fight for control amid the isle’s crumbling ruins.

You are a Cerim – a member of a group of mystical holy warriors imbued with remarkable powers and sworn to defeat the Pestilence at any cost. But the task will prove increasingly challenging as you become entangled in the people’s plight and the vast political struggle of this downtrodden land. Chaos will pull you in every direction as you seek to cleanse the land of wickedness and shape the kingdom’s fate.

- Hone combat skills with a system that challenges you to be deliberate and strategic. Battle against gruesome creatures, enemy soldiers, and punishing bosses in tense, visceral combat. Feel the weight and speed of each weapon through their own move sets. Enchant armaments with runes, craft rare armor, and create bespoke character builds that fit your playstyle.

- Discover a mature, dark narrative on the harsh shores of Isola Sacra. Cunning rulers and ferocious rebels vie for the throne – all while an ancient plague sweeps across the land, turning its inhabitants into monstrous versions of themselves.

- Explore a painting come to life – take in the striking painterly world, meticulously built with an incredible attention to detail in a unique, ageless art style. Beauty radiates in every frame, from the dappled sunlight of the Lowland Meadows to the viscera-smeared, twisted shadows of the Nameless Pass. Each new location is home to its own people, problems, hidden treasures, and secrets to unearth.

- Take respite in the town of Sacrament – purchase property and decorate it to make it your own. Fish on the shores, till and harvest the land for ingredients to create meals that replenish health and boost stats. Acquaint yourself with the diverse array of vendors and townsfolk and restore Sacrament to its former glory.

- Share your world and progress with up to three friends by your side in the campaign’s online co-op mode. Every quest, boss, and square foot of Isola Sacra is theirs to share with you…or they can simply venture off and do as they please.

I'm not very good at posts so I just copied what they had on the steam page, sorry!

I LOVE this game so far. It is gorgeous, it is moody, it has incredible vibes, and the systems are so well-considered. It's a unique blend of genres brought together by incredible art direction.

The combat is legitimately challenging, especially since I can't seem to nail the parry timing. If you CAN consistently get parries, it gets a lot easier. And when you start to get more powerful, the game gets even more fun. There are plenty of different weapons and different directions to take your build, currently I'm going for a pretty basic strength build using one or two handed swords. I've seen many different kinds of enemies, each presenting their own challenge, but have only beaten one boss. After quite a few tries, it must be said.

The art direction of this game is so unique, and looks so good, that I was always going to be entranced by it. The shape of the human characters, their expressive faces, the cool weather and painting-like effect, the MASSIVE amount of voice lines even from inconsequential characters (literally every single person you see in town will have something to say to you). You can tell this game was a big time labor of love, it just has that special something in it.

The game is sort of a mixture between Dark Souls and Diablo. It is quest-based, and while you can clear areas, once you are gone for a while they will reset with a system called Fog of War, where those areas will then be repopulated with chests and enemies. There are the equivalent of bonfires, but they do NOT heal you. And every time you die, your equipment loses durability (and some negative effects on equipment can cause you to lose other things too), which costs money to repair.

The game has a very intriguing world and overarching story, with a lot of interesting characters so far. The cutscenes are truly stunning, as are the environments. The main town of Sacrament is just absolutely gorgeous and features some lovely verticality, as do all the areas.

There is a town and house-building element, where you can provide materials to fix and improve the town, thus granting you access to new services and areas. You can collect resources from the different areas in the form of foraging, cooking, cutting down trees, mining, and digging.

The game is early access, although I haven't seen anything that would make that obvious. I'm not sure if the full story is done or not yet. It is also co-op apparently, although I have not experienced that part yet.

And that's about it for now. I really like the game, and I would like to discuss it with my goon friends if anyone else is playing it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Cool thread and the game looks great! anyone know how it runs on the Steam Deck?

Edit: Per reddit, apparently it's a bit choppy And there's a bug where if you die it quits to black lol. Still, staying on my wishlist!

External Organs fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 20, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

External Organs posted:

Cool thread and the game looks great! anyone know how it runs on the Steam Deck?

Edit: Per reddit, apparently it's a bit choppy And there's a bug where if you die it quits to black lol. Still, staying on my wishlist!

Yeah with the incredible visuals it's much more demanding than most games of this type. I first installed it on an hdd but had to move it to my ssd because it was having trouble loading quickly enough.

Performance has been very good but that's on a 3070 at 1080p

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Hmmm, installed it and had bad graphics glitches, even at the most basic settings. I was somewhat able to navigate the upper deck of the ship, but once I went below deck everything was black, no amount of fussing with the brightness or contrast settings. Bummed, it looks like a blast. Oni was such a great series.

Refunded :/

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This game has been high on my anticipated games list since it was revealed at... the last Game Awards, was it?

The first thing that grabbed my attention was hearing Malukah, whom I've been a fan of for over a decade, singing on the reveal trailer. Secondly, the insanely gorgeous art style won me over immediately. And then I found out that it was gonna be an ARPG, but with a fresh touch, which just sealed the deal. I am a sucker for ARPGs and I love the usual power fantasy style of exploding screenfuls of mooks at once well enough, but the idea of having fewer but more challenging enemies sounded like such a breath of fresh air; Kinda like what the Remnant games are to looter shooters.

I was gonna buy the game in a couple weeks when I get some more money, but I am fortunate to have some amazing friends, one of whom gifted me the game out of the blue today. I'm currently installing it. :toot:

Play posted:

The game is early access, although I haven't seen anything that would make that obvious. I'm not sure if the full story is done or not yet. It is also co-op apparently, although I have not experienced that part yet.

The Early Access info box on the game's Steam page has a pretty good breakdown of what's in the game currently and what kinda stuff's still coming. Apparently only the first chapter of the story campaign is included for now:

quote:

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

The 1.0 version of No Rest for the Wicked will be a significantly expanded version of the initial Early Access release. This version will take into account player feedback throughout its time in development, and may be different from what we already have planned. Upcoming features that will be included prior to 1.0 release include:

- Multiplayer: 4 player co-op
- Multiplayer: PVP
- Expanded story content and chapters
- Additional map regions
- Farming
- More weapons, armor, rare items, and gear
- New enemies and bosses
- Additional Crucible floors, Bounties and Challenges

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

-A rich first chapter of the narrative campaign
-Additional quests that reveal more about the world and its inhabitants
-Intense boss battles against plague-ridden creatures
-A large variety of weapons, armor, skills, and crafting options
-Gear can be upgraded, enchanted, runed and gem-ed to create your ideal character build
-Purchasing and furnishing of a modifiable home
-Daily and Weekly bounties and challenges
-Replayable Cerim Crucible dungeon

EDIT: Posting the reveal trailer just for that absolutely gorgeous music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLYw57il9E

Nordick fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 21, 2024

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
I played a couple hours and I think I like it? I got through the first "boss" and into the town, my only real complaint is that the fixed camera angle can make it hard to judge spacing from enemies. Shields seem good, the stamina penalty for blocking is way more forgiving than the huge chunks of health you lose getting hit. It's definitely pretty.

I haven't had any performance issues or crashes, but that's on a 4090 so it's not a great measure.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Fats posted:

I played a couple hours and I think I like it? I got through the first "boss" and into the town, my only real complaint is that the fixed camera angle can make it hard to judge spacing from enemies. Shields seem good, the stamina penalty for blocking is way more forgiving than the huge chunks of health you lose getting hit. It's definitely pretty.

I haven't had any performance issues or crashes, but that's on a 4090 so it's not a great measure.

I got to Sacrament but now that I've learned the game is first chapter only I don't really want to keep playing. I hope this isn't a BG3 scenario where it's going to be years before the game is actually out. Still, what's there is exciting and I don't regret having bought it, I just wish it was done narratively even if they were going to add enhancements/patches later.

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice
Chiming in from the old 2070 crowd - the performance is not great, even with everything set down to ‘Performance’. There’s a boss fight (second one maybe?) that was near unplayable due to the frame rate.

I rode out CP 2077 with this card, maybe I’ll finally be forced to upgrade.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I have a 1060 and the game runs fine :shrug:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I also have this on my wishlist, but it definitely seems like a case of waiting for a bit more content/performance patches. For a game like this I'd prefer to play the whole story at once, I think. But from what I hear from friends and read it definitely seems like it could be fun.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I tried this and the core gamplay is good but everything surrounding it kinda freakin' sucks. Who thought Diablo needed platforming? Why are there Game of War style real time crafting timers in a non-f2p game? Who came up with this healing economy?

Seems like something that could be pretty good after a year or two of EA but I'm glad I realized I wasn't feeling it at around the 100 minute mark.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The dense, intricate levels thick with loop backs and hidden objects is a major selling point for me, and the platforming supports that. The healing I'm a lot less sold on but I'm willing to see where the developer is going with that mechanic.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I guess the platforming wouldn't bug me so much if it was better, but as of now it's pretty much exactly as bad as you'd think when you hear "Diablo with platforming". Hell, if they gave you a move like the barbarian's leap from D2 I'd like it a lot better.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Fats posted:

Yeah one improvement I would suggest is that, similar to many 2D games, they should add the ability to shift the camera over with the right stick (while still keeping your character in frame). I have often found myself wanting either a more zoomed out view, or the ability to move th camera a bit.

The Moon Monster posted:

I tried this and the core gamplay is good but everything surrounding it kinda freakin' sucks. Who thought Diablo needed platforming? Why are there Game of War style real time crafting timers in a non-f2p game? Who came up with this healing economy?

Seems like something that could be pretty good after a year or two of EA but I'm glad I realized I wasn't feeling it at around the 100 minute mark.

I couldn't disagree more, I really like the verticality, platforming, exploration, and fog of war system which allows you to harvest and level up even in areas you've already cleared.

Can't describe how happy I was when I first got on a thin rail to cross over a gap, and unlike pretty much every game in existence, it DIDN'T just lock me right in to it and I actually had to be careful. Being careful on a tiny plank fifty feet above the ground, imagine that.

Jack B Nimble posted:

The dense, intricate levels thick with loop backs and hidden objects is a major selling point for me, and the platforming supports that. The healing I'm a lot less sold on but I'm willing to see where the developer is going with that mechanic.

I enchanted a bunch of my totally plain gear once i got to sacrament, and ended up getting constant healing. It's slow, but that pretty much fixed any concern I had about spending food and such.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Hmmm, installed it and had bad graphics glitches, even at the most basic settings. I was somewhat able to navigate the upper deck of the ship, but once I went below deck everything was black, no amount of fussing with the brightness or contrast settings. Bummed, it looks like a blast. Oni was such a great series.

Refunded :/

drat, that's a bummer. That sounds like a bit of an edge case, maybe if you try it again in a bit it'll work better.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Not feeling this game tbqh. Definitely not for the usual ARPG crowd (D4, PoE and Last Epoch).

Appreciate the attempt at a new style though. Will check back after awhile.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

MrMidnight posted:

Not feeling this game tbqh. Definitely not for the usual ARPG crowd (D4, PoE and Last Epoch).

Appreciate the attempt at a new style though. Will check back after awhile.

Yeah I'd stress it's much more of, like. A beat em up than a Diablo.

I was worried the combat was bad on the ship but that was just a combination of being limited and unfamiliar. Even just by the time I was halfway through marine hold I liked it much more.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The only way I might compare the game to Diablo is in the varied RNG loot, although actually Nioh is probably a better comparison there. Also the grimdark vibes I guess but this is much more grounded.

The gameplay itself could not be any more different from a Diablo-type. Illustrated well by the fact that this game really should be played on controller.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

This game loving owns. I'm about 10 hours in and I can't stop playing. There's definitely some tweaking and some QoL they need to do, but otherwise I am absolutely sold. Playing a build that's a 2h sword and minimal armor that just constantly regens health passively, regens health on hit, and regens health on kill. I haven't gotten very good at parries yet, but I can dodge roll and then wind up my big ol' honkin' sword.

This is certainly not a Diablo-like. It has a Diablo-like loot system, but honestly games with that are a dime a dozen. It's much slower, has isometric Souls-like combat. It definitely rewards exploration and taking your time.

I can definitely see people bouncing off of it, but honestly the camera style, the platforming, the level design, are all core elements of the game. A lot of the early complaints, like about durability, don't make much sense to me. In Darksouls when you die enemies respawn. Here they stay dead, but when you die your items lose durability. It's extremely cheap and easy to repair and honestly you have to be dying a ton for to be a problem.

Looking forward to seeing what they end up doing with this.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Goddamn clay is the rarest substance in the world, it seems like. Don't do what I did and trash a bunch when running out of room, you will regret it!

Having a blast with this, too. I think I've hit the end of the current story content and am still quite happily growing the character to equip some of the higher end stuff I've found, which is a very good sign. Don't sleep on the rune extraction/transfer systems!

I did notice a progression issue that I keep expecting to see fixed but it's never yet been in the patch notes:

(Spoilers for a later area, Nameless Pass):

So that section where there's a pair of cranes in the quarry and ostensibly you need to line their platforms up such that you can do a series of jumps to a ledge, leading down to a Whisper? I couldn't get that to work whatsoever, either I'm doing things very, very wrong or the southern crane simply can't rotate far enough. Is there a legitimate way to get past this? I found a steam post with instructions on how to wiggle upwards to the right of the big locked gate, and thanks to that I was not blocked, but barring that little exploit I don't see how to make it to the blocked whisper in that area.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I had the same problem and used the same workaround. I imagine it's a bug and will hopefully be fixed at some point. Took me way too long to give up and look it up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Batigh posted:

Goddamn clay is the rarest substance in the world, it seems like. Don't do what I did and trash a bunch when running out of room, you will regret it!

Haha that's exactly what I did. Needed more room and got rid of some clay since how special could it be? But yeah now paying the price

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Fuuuuck, this game gives me the itchy trigger finger in spite of my better judgement. It looks so loving cool and I'm sweating trying not to buy it, but I've tried so many Souls-likes in the past and I can never stick with them more than a few hours before they get so tedious and laborious that I can't take any more.

Literally everything except the combat has me completely sold. God drat it, I know I'm going to cave. This time will be different, right? This is the time a Souls-like will finally get its hooks into me. I can feeeel it...

EDIT -

drat it all to hell...

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 26, 2024

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Seriously though, how strong is the Souls influence here? I don't mind hard games, but it's the specific type of plodding, labored combat and harsh penalties for dying that ruin these games for me.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Am I right in thinking this looks like Deaths Door with more loot?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Seriously though, how strong is the Souls influence here? I don't mind hard games, but it's the specific type of plodding, labored combat and harsh penalties for dying that ruin these games for me.

I'm definitely not an expert on the topic, only played a bit of the Dark Souls remake and then Elden Ring, which life got in the way for. Looking forward to the DLC so I have an incentive to pick it back up!

But I'll say that the combat could be categorized as "plodding and labored." It's not Hades or Dead Cells. Especially early on, everything feels dangerous and there's a bit of a war of attrition going on. After about 10 hours in I'm feeling a lot more comfortable and combat isn't terrifying anymore. I've found a build that works for me and I'd say I feel like I can mow things down at a good place.

You will definitely die, though. I think most people can get through the tutorial without trouble and it's not like a typical Darksouls game where something is going to destroy you to teach you death. I made it through the first boss without dying and I'm not a gaming god. On the other hand, it took me probably about 15-20 tries for a recent boss I just did. Each time it was a ~30s run back from the waypoint. When resource are tight early on, dying can sting a little, but it very quickly becomes a minor annoyance at worst and a chance to approach things differently at best. Enemies do not respawn when you die, it takes a couple of hours.

Check some video and see what the combat looks like to you. If it's borderline, I'd say give it a shot. You're not the only one who bounced off "Souls-likes" only to find something that you like. I'd say this one is different enough that it could be that game for a lot of people.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

The combat is pretty quick and snappy, you just gotta be on point with timing for parries and dodges, and curb your instinct to spam dodge or attacks, because stamina runs out really quickly. (It also comes back really fast though, so you won't have to spend several seconds catching your breath.)

The combat is very challenging, but the only penalty for dying is getting thrown back to the last save point you touched and losing a bit of durability on your items. Whatever enemies you were fighting where you died will heal to full, but those you already killed will stay dead.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
The big things that I think may cause the most people to bounce off the combat are the healing and durability mechanics. In most soulslikes, you've got a set amount of healing you can do between rests (your estus flask or equivalent), dying or resting respawns all non-boss enemies, but other than those respawns there's no penalty for dying to the same thing over and over, just get back up and try it again.

In this game, they handle things a bit differently - healing items are limited and rely on the player collecting ingredients to cook food. They're not replenished on any kind of rest, you have to find or buy ingredients or meals to get more. For enemies, everything you kill stays dead until you leave an area entirely for a long period; to balance that out, dying costs your gear durability and if you're stuck, you'll need to eventually leave to restock on healing items, as well as repair your gear.

I definitely prefer the normal souls formula, myself; on launch day, I got stuck on a particularly hard fight and kept going at it until I beat it, EVEN THOUGH all my gear had broken and my healing had long run dry. I just punched the fuckers to death and kept trying until it worked. It was way, way harder than it needed to be, but I'm the kind of degenerate that actually likes this sort of thing.

The above was before the first hotfix that greatly softened durability penalties and repair costs, though, so it'll be much harder to find yourself in that position starting now even if you're as stubborn as I am.

As far as combat feel, I haven't played with a ton of weapons yet, but my mainstay for most of the game was a set of paired daggers, and I felt quite zippy the whole time. Some Steam reviews exaggerate and say that combat feels like playing as an asthmatic QWOPer going up against an endless series of elite Cirque du Soleil-trained ninjas, but I think they're full of poo poo and may have been rudely surprised to find this game isn't actually a Diablo killfest like the camera angle implies.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

I had the same problem and used the same workaround. I imagine it's a bug and will hopefully be fixed at some point. Took me way too long to give up and look it up.

Looks like they just released quite a large patch that has a fix for this.

[Edit: and clay drops, interestingly enough]

https://forum.norestforthewicked.com/t/patch-notes-early-access-hotfix-3/5257

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 23, 2024

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Three patches in about five days, drat. These devs aren't loving around.

EDIT:

quote:

Fixed remaining enemies and bosses becoming kaijus
Uh :staredog:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 23, 2024

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah their pace and what they've been fixing have both been super on point. In that Steam thread the devs said they are looking at inventory management.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

For various reasons I restarted my game with a new character, and man things can go SO differently in the first couple areas between runs. My first game I found like six swords and three shields in the first zone, my second I had to use the staff forever, which I hated, followed by paired daggers which were actually pretty good but I already decided to go strength build so I didn't want to put anything into dex. Then, when I enhanced all my plain gear once I got to town, the first game I got a bunch of purples that were super good including constant healing. Second game I got a bunch of blues that were pretty meh overall.

They really do let RNG decide pretty much everything about which weapons and other things you find. The only constant for the first area is getting the greatsword from the tutorial boss, which is okay and I used for a bit but I'm more of a sword and board guy.

Internet Explorer posted:

Yeah their pace and what they've been fixing have both been super on point. In that Steam thread the devs said they are looking at inventory management.

Five extra free resource slots would be really nice. I spent my first ichor on that even though I wanted to spent it on an extra ring slot. It's just too annoying to run of space.

By the way, what does having an extra main hand and off hand slot do? You can just switch between them?

Nordick posted:

The combat is pretty quick and snappy, you just gotta be on point with timing for parries and dodges, and curb your instinct to spam dodge or attacks, because stamina runs out really quickly. (It also comes back really fast though, so you won't have to spend several seconds catching your breath.)

The combat is very challenging, but the only penalty for dying is getting thrown back to the last save point you touched and losing a bit of durability on your items. Whatever enemies you were fighting where you died will heal to full, but those you already killed will stay dead.

The key to combat, as often is the case, is recognizing all the different enemy types and responding to them appropriately. They tend to have exactly two different moves, and once you figure out how to respond to each one it gets a lot easier.

That being said, fighting two enemies at once is pretty challenging, three is very difficult, four and above can get nearly impossible just due to the fact that it's so hard to find a moment to actually do damage while you are blocking/dodging/parrying all the different attacks.

Play fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 23, 2024

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice
Performance update - whatever fixes they’ve rolled out have substantially improved performance. I’m still running on low settings, but no dips to unplayable frame rates like before.

Overall impressions - as a dark souls person, I really like it. But I’m really not sold on the crafting and resources system. The timed refining thing is probably the most weirdest part there.

Also, the healing system is not great if you don’t have some sort of regen. On an unrelated note, does anyone have any idea what the healing aura rune is supposed to do? Doesn’t seem to heal me!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Play posted:

By the way, what does having an extra main hand and off hand slot do? You can just switch between them?

I haven't used it yet for the same reasons you describe, feeling obligated to use my upgrade for inventory slots. I am pretty sure it just lets you swap between. See the left and right d-pad keybinds in your item quick wheel.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Dreissi posted:

Performance update - whatever fixes they’ve rolled out have substantially improved performance. I’m still running on low settings, but no dips to unplayable frame rates like before.

These folks got both Ori games running at 60fps on switch so I'm not surprised

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dreissi posted:

Overall impressions - as a dark souls person, I really like it. But I’m really not sold on the crafting and resources system. The timed refining thing is probably the most weirdest part there.

Also, the healing system is not great if you don’t have some sort of regen. On an unrelated note, does anyone have any idea what the healing aura rune is supposed to do? Doesn’t seem to heal me!

Maybe it heals your allies if you're in co-op? I think I saw one called Healing Pulse which presumably heals yourself.

One thing I definitely don't like is the lack of explanation of the special weapon moves. All you can see is a drat name, you can't move the cursor over there at all. Would be nice to have information available on what they actually do.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well, looks like I finished what's available. Shame, I was really getting in the groove and hoping there would be more. At least what's there is quite polished, so it'll be easy to pick up again once it's finished.

I'm hoping the full game is multiple times longer than what I've done so far, because I would be so down for way, way more of that.

If nothing else, it's like no other game I've ever played before. Which goes a long way in my eyes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I will definitely be picking this up when it hits 1.0, since I found both Ori games to be absolutely fantastic, even before you get into the visuals.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Play posted:

Shame, I was really getting in the groove and hoping there would be more.
I'm hoping the full game is multiple times longer than what I've done so far, because I would be so down for way, way more of that.

This is why I played two sittings, suddenly thought "But what does Early Access mean", looked up this thread and stopped playing.

This has become my most anticipated game, but it's my most anticipated, rather than the best game I've played lately, because it isn't actually out.

It's fine, I should have paid more attention to the release plans. I hope the EA purchases give them what they need to finish the game in this increasingly volatile industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Looks like they did pretty well sales wise, so yeah I'm happy to contribute in order to get this thing DONE