Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

bossy lady posted:

you're only old when you dont understand the way young people talk

no cap fr fr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Poohs Packin posted:

Yes it does. Yes it absolutely does.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
No.

Now get off my lawn, drat kids!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was there. 5000 years ago, to see the will of Man fall....

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

im 33 and im a young man still op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

35 is old op

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

When you look at young people and think they look like literal children, then you're old op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You’re only as old as you feel op

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

pencilhands posted:

I can’t tell if hes a bit

MrQwerty posted:

if it's a bit it's been a real long-play

I mean, there have been other long plays too though, you know? The difference -- if 3O is indeed a gimmick -- is that those weren't quite as long and they were also funny.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I'm 37 but I can't really say that I feel old. Part of that is that I don't have kids and my career is chill and not physically taxing, so my body still basically works. I've also generally done a good job of taking care of said body, but at the end of the day, I don't feel that old...yet

I'll be 37 in two months and tbh I haven't taken super good care of my :btroll: body but not having kids & having a relatively chill career are probably helping me feel young too.

edit:

bradzilla posted:

When you look at young people and think they look like literal children, then you're old op

Definitely felt that way watching baseball during spring training -- all these 20-22 year olds :negative:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Chronologically I'm 36, but I've been decanting the blood & marrow of my children and injecting it to stay young so physiologically I'm 35 and 11 months

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

30s is the prime of your life. If you feelin old in your 30's shits gonna go downhill fast after you hit 40.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AcidCat posted:

30s is the prime of your life. If you feelin old in your 30's shits gonna go downhill fast after you hit 40.

Thanks I turn 40 in June

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AcidCat posted:

this

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I am waiting expectantly for the answers in this thread.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

im 38 and i just pulled a muscle in my neck having an allergy attack pencilhands

i did this but im 34 and it was caused by a combo cough sneeze on the way to my first day at my new job. im 34 for another six months tho so im still pretty young.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I wish I ended at 35. Nothing since had been very fun.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i just turned 40 but people always guess I'm late 20s so I've started lying and saying I'm 30

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

No. 6 posted:

I wish I ended at 25. Nothing since had been very fun.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

also i loving love my life and just had the best birthday weekend ever

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

AcidCat posted:

Honestly this. I've bought a house, gotten mentally and physically healthy, found an amazing partner, tripled my salary and am starting college in a few months. 30s are cool

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

bradzilla posted:

Last week someone about my age told me they watched a Star Wars for the first time. I asked which one, and they said one with the annoying blonde child. I assumed she meant Phantom Menace, but she was talking about Luke in Empire Strikes Back. I hate this

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

your thirties are when you’re finally old enough to appreciate how young you are

This is wisdom. I'm 37 but still face the world like I'm 10 years younger and it does wonders for how you feel about getting older.

I was a cantankerous bastard at 27 already so it's not much of a change.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Every decade of your life can be hella cool with the right attitude, I'm 53 this year and making sure I appreciate as many days as I can.
If yyou spend all your time thinking about your 20's you are letting your past and present selves down.
From my perspective, 30 is young, with the bonus of having a fully formed adult brain.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
yes, absolutely, but "second best time to plant a tree" and all that

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'm 35 and my sciatica is killing me as of right now as we speak

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
gonna turn 40 in south london not quite on coldharbour lane but within staggering distance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BCubblbcE

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Negostrike posted:

I'm 35 and my sciatica is killing me as of right now as we speak

I’m 38 and my sciatica was peak kill-me levels @ 27-28.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Let's just say old starts at 60 and forget about it for a while

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Here's my top tip to feeling young and full of life, have u tried being a rich landowner who is madly in love??

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Let's just say old starts at 60 and forget about it for a while

Yea

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
My sciatica dropped off when I started wearing hokas with measured insoles and bought a mattress that suits the way I sleep + my Ehlers-Danlos.

I still get sciatica, it's just not waking up and jumping out of bed and almost falling on the floor anymore, and it's infrequent rather than constant.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Radio Paranoia posted:

I was a cantankerous bastard at 27 already so it's not much of a change.

Fixed

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

staberind posted:

Every decade of your life can be hella cool with the right attitude, I'm 53 this year and making sure I appreciate as many days as I can.
If yyou spend all your time thinking about your 20's you are letting your past and present selves down.
From my perspective, 30 is young, with the bonus of having a fully formed adult brain.

How do you stop thinking about the past?

I feel like I was always thinking about the past, even in the past.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Fighting Elegy posted:

How do you stop thinking about the past?

I feel like I was always thinking about the past, even in the past.

Always look forward. What's something new you can learn / experience that you couldn't a year, a month ago? Leave the old stuff in the past and always be chasing something new and unfamiliar. For me, it's music, but it could be any number of things to other people.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

It's not old, but it's certainly the oldest I've ever been.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My back pain has vanished since I started squatting and hitting DLs. Plus ive got forearms like goddamned Louisville Sluggers now.

30s have been great. Switched from a toxic chef career into an email job, moved countries, got married.

Looking forward to maintaining the momentum and becoming a very successful person in my early 40s.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Serious Post:

From what I can tell, Mid to late 30s are either great or really bad.

You are at the age where you hopefully have checked all the boxes, stable career, own a house, have a nice car, a spouse, children if you want them, savings for retirement, actually thinking about retirement as a thing that is actually going to happen.

Everyone I know in that place seems really happy. That said, if you aren't and are perhaps not anywhere close to that place, I hear you have crushing fear that it is too late for you to get there and you are going to be stuck in a lovely rental for the rest of your life and your retirement involves either dropping dead on the job or lots of rice and beans.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

stunning insight

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Three Olives posted:

Serious Post:

From what I can tell, Mid to late 30s are either great or really bad.

You are at the age where you hopefully have checked all the boxes, stable career, own a house, have a nice car, a spouse, children if you want them, savings for retirement, actually thinking about retirement as a thing that is actually going to happen.

Everyone I know in that place seems really happy. That said, if you aren't and are perhaps not anywhere close to that place, I hear you have crushing fear that it is too late for you to get there and you are going to be stuck in a lovely rental for the rest of your life and your retirement involves either dropping dead on the job or lots of rice and beans.

im a homeless unemployed virgin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

not sure why he needed to know about your sex life either