Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you actually willing to dedicate time and money to doing this
yes
no
View Results

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so me and nichael over maybe three posts were discussing how all us cspammers might have a gay old time protesting the democrat convention in chicago this year now there are two obvious problems with this plan the first being how do we get there and the second being where do we sleep

despite the thread title this doesnt actually have to be a goonmeet if anyone is familiar with any local organizing in your area for bulk travel to chicago that would be great of you to post some of that here since wed all be likely to coming from completely different parts of the country MAYBE we consider renting an airbnb or two if local orgs arent available to host us but like lets at least try organizing with some actual orgs first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y548Ome_oa8

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

There will be buses from major cities organized by antiwar/anti-genocide groups like ANSWER & PSL with free or reduced rates, I'm guessing.

As I said in the other thread, hotels will be crazy expensive but airbnb still has some properties available for the convention time period that sleep a lot of people, and I'm sure smaller groups will find even more available.

Chicago is already trying to kettle protestors to grant park while the convention is split between mccormick place & the united center, but the aclu among others is legally challenging that. The poor people's army got a protest permit bc of a loophole so I imagine a lot of people will join that one.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

There will be buses from major cities organized by antiwar/anti-genocide groups like ANSWER & PSL with free or reduced rates, I'm guessing.

As I said in the other thread, hotels will be crazy expensive but airbnb still has some properties available for the convention time period that sleep a lot of people, and I'm sure smaller groups will find even more available.

Chicago is already trying to kettle protestors to grant park while the convention is split between mccormick place & the united center, but the aclu among others is legally challenging that. The poor people's army got a protest permit bc of a loophole so I imagine a lot of people will join that one.

I'll probably start looking at Philly transport soon and post here with what I find. Another cost though is probably going to be bail as it seems pretty clear they are willing to lock people up for even mild protesting now.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm sure there will be plenty of bail funds (including cspam), as long as the government keeps its grubby hands off of them (not a sure thing).

I wonder if the national lawyers guild will show out for this. You could contact your local chapter of NLG Nichael bc they might be willing to sponsor or otherwise support a law student in exchange for some volunteering.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm sure there will be plenty of bail funds (including cspam), as long as the government keeps its grubby hands off of them (not a sure thing).

I wonder if the national lawyers guild will show out for this. You could contact your local chapter of NLG Nichael bc they might be willing to sponsor or otherwise support a law student in exchange for some volunteering.

I could if it hadn't closed down in DE due to lack of interest like three years ago lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

did they hang an OUT TO BRUNCH sign on their door?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

did they hang an OUT TO BRUNCH sign on their door?

lmao you think they could afford a door

042624_2
Apr 26, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 18:28 on Apr 26, 2024

042624_2
Apr 26, 2024

042624_3
Apr 26, 2024

042624_3
Apr 26, 2024

042624_3
Apr 26, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Apr 26, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Looking forward to see [MMDDYY_X] in Chicago.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nichael posted:

Looking forward to see [MMDDYY_X] in Chicago.

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i think it would be fun to hang out with goons at the DNC. do you think we can get in? im an elected official.

Apr 27, 2024

Smythe posted:

it would be fun to hang out with goons

050124_2
May 1, 2024

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Goons will be rubbing their slimy wieners together no matter what city you live in!

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

waiting to see if anyone on my "kill list" agrees to show up

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ill be there gang. hope to meet up with my fellow cspam posters. ill be the one in the rascal scooter with the black cityname sportsteam shirt. si se puede!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

yep I'll be there