Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Day one PC gamepass for something I would have definitely bought, very nice!

I'll be interested to see a roadmap for the future, it seems like some of the early access streamers ran through all of the current content in 80-150 hours. Seems like the kind of game I'll run through early and shelf for several years while they continue development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Ty to the goon that talked about making an early militia to clear bandits, even clearing one camp to get the money to buy mercs to clear more makes the AI baron feel much less intimidating. It slows down your economy a fair bit but it's really not a big deal if you have your initial goods all in storage and secure.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Burgage size and it's purposes make a strong case for an urban core and a rural exterior. Considering that large burgage plots cost the same as small ones, and that vegetables are the only add-on that care about extra space, you can make gigantic exterior plots to make up for how crappy wheat is and fill out more dense zoning for multi-house lots and artisans, chickens, goats.

I appreciate that you don't really need more than one tavern or church, it keeps the sense that this is really supposed to be one town per region. Maybe you can go big enough on the town that they get too far? You certainly can for marketplaces.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Has anyone noticed a correlation between families traveling across town for work reducing their efficiency? My windmill (which already sounds buggy with the bizarre triple supply chain it needs from farmhouse->mill->bakery) is staffed by a family across town and seems horribly inefficient.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I will enjoy returning to this game in after one or two major updates (in 4 years)