Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends, it is once again my proud and privileged duty to announce The Weekend.

https://i.imgur.com/QqZusxp.mp4

This week flew by and today's the release of the new Justice album!
Gotta wait out the rain to do steaks tonight but grilling in the dark is no threat to me.

Tomorrow is adventure day where we try to find the one remaining active Quizno's restaurant in the state and take in a forest preserve in the nearby area.

Sunday is a bingo free day so I'm going to be super lazy and make french toast with this sourdough loaf we got with huge slices and then make scrambled eggs from the remainder of the wash and some bacon to top everything off.
Anything after that is a bonus. :)

What adventures await you for your weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
its my anniversary this weekend, so sushi and icewine will be consumed in appropriate amounts. other than that prolly gonna do my usual game dev or music. maybe rimworld

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It's supposed to rain all weekend which kinda blows because I need to get out and do some gardening :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ooh congrats Alicorn!

yeah I got nothing planned, MotoGP on Sunday, and the forecast ain't looking great? should catch up on my cleaning as I slacked off hard last weekend lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh I got a cool idea for my space game: instead of doing a research tree like most games, instead base the science around “breakthroughs” that happen randomly, so you don’t necessarily end up with the same science progress each time you play through. like, you can study ecology all you want, and you’ll definitely make progress but, maybe your scientists will have trouble researching terraforming, but they get some good breakthroughs wrt space station life support, combine that with some engineering breakthroughs and hey, now you’re making permanent space habitats instead of messing about with inconvenient planets

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

just thinking about James Burke’s Connections and how scientific progress isn’t linear, and how so much of it is about the right person getting the right idea in the right time and place

that and also, playing with the concept that even if you have “super intelligent” AI, it isn’t necessarily going to make breakthroughs better than a host of human scientists. what if, like, all those eureka moments throughout history are just because a cosmic ray or a neuronal twitch or something happens, and that person happens to be in the right context to do something about it? and what if you can’t just like, make that happen by throwing a big computer at it? like eureka moments are a finite resource in the universe or something :okpos:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1D9t8n0qA

Hell yeah MotoGP and gonna break out my pushbike for the first time this season. I need to adjust the rear shifter which means I need to wade through a bunch of bullshit on youtube to see how its done. Super pumped though bring on the weekend!!!!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

It is time for a nap.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Arson Daily posted:

Hell yeah MotoGP and gonna break out my pushbike for the first time this season. I need to adjust the rear shifter which means I need to wade through a bunch of bullshit on youtube to see how its done. Super pumped though bring on the weekend!!!!
rear shifter shouldn't be too bad. I think I need to replace all by cables (shifters, brakes) this year because they're all old and stretched out. my front gears will barely stay in the top ring because the tension is hosed lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

not much for me, i'll be cleaning the yard and roof this weekend. maybe i'll find time for a pizza

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Oh no, y'all.

I kinda really like this new job and willingly stayed a half-hour late to knock out a few things because I was enjoying myself too much.

I'm going to attempt to make up for the sin of shortening my weekend by going very hard at several parties tomorrow.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:argh: found a spot of oil leaking from my beautiful car :mad: gonna have to bring it in tomorrow first thing.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i am moving this weekend. got the keys to my place today.

tonight, i have a baseball game. i was sure it would be rained out but i guess it hasn't actively been raining for a couple of hours so i suppose i'll play in the mud

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
hell yea it weekend. i just got done with the first mow of the year. had a little trouble getting the ol honda fired up but a couple squirts of starter fluid and we were off. once the kids are asleep i’ll probably smoke some weed and fall asleep on the couch watching baseball.

playing a beach volleyball tournament tomorrow and then sunday i’ll probably be unable to move, but sundays are made for laying around anyways

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
T-ball season is upon us here and I’ve volunteered to help. If anyone has tips on how to keep all 10 kids on our team and the occasional baserunner from the opposing team from swarming every hit like a pack of piranhas please share.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm playing rimworld

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

baseball result: i got a sweet hit and made a big catch, and we won even though we were shorthanded. game was close the whole way through, very fun

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=yFzvcqx7KXdNHNwz

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
flew back to the states on uhhhh thursday and havent slept through the night yet! I also can't sleep on planes so i've been awake for days yay

but gonna see my folks and brothers and stuff who i haven't seen in a couple years so

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

Truman Peyote posted:

baseball result: i got a sweet hit and made a big catch, and we won even though we were shorthanded. game was close the whole way through, very fun

That sounds like a great time. Adult recreational team sports seems like such a hard thing to pull off so I hope “shorthanded” didn’t mean having like, 5 people.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

i'm makin music. nothing new though, just messin with some stuff I wanted to refine

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I've been sick this week, gradually getting better. my skin hurts today. I kinda missed that it was Friday night yesterday and worked late. this morning went down a weird rabbit hole watching vinay prasad's videos, he is not always wrong but man what a loving rear end in a top hat. essentially it's just work for me though and I should stop.

Got the motogp sprint race on now and my girlfriend is cooking some bacon & eggs.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

:argh: found a spot of oil leaking from my beautiful car :mad: gonna have to bring it in tomorrow first thing.

Filter was loose and nothing serious needed :thumbsup:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

now you may drive in peace

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

welp my first colony died because I couldn't get enough warm clothes, rip

on to the next one. this is a good map for dwarves

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Empty Pockets posted:

That sounds like a great time. Adult recreational team sports seems like such a hard thing to pull off so I hope “shorthanded” didn’t mean having like, 5 people.

lol i know what you mean. we had 9 people; in slo-pitch you have an extra outfielder so a full team is 10. ive been at games where we had to loan the other team a non-playing catcher because they could only get 8 together.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

got the security system installed in my shop. now to pick a game to fix and ship

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

doggo threw up blood three times last night so its off to the e-vet :(

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
It annoys me that my slide scanner needs to be hooked up to a computer. I’m going to see if I can use a stick pc I have floating around here to make it headless.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk posted:

It annoys me that my slide scanner needs to be hooked up to a computer. I’m going to see if I can use a stick pc I have floating around here to make it headless.

This turned out to be pretty easy on the stick pc side but the amount of cords and power supplies here is just unacceptable. I’m headed to the electronics store.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Made it out to the fabled Quiznos restaurant. It was good as hell. Had lunch in a local park nearby :)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Arson Daily posted:

doggo threw up blood three times last night so its off to the e-vet :(

oh no. best of luck.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

made it to the ferry on time. gonna show my parents the new place then take them out for dinner, as it was my dad’s birthday a couple of days ago

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i hosed up my hand and ankle so I'm layin in bed all day on a saturday and im real mad about it

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
took my kid to the natural history museum in dc and saw big Dino bones and walked through the butterfly house and had an excellent time. it’s probably our 10th time there and it’s awesome every single time. then we went and got cupcakes at a nice bakery

solid saturday

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

oh no. best of luck.

waited three hours in the waiting room to be told *shoulder shrug*. He seems fine now and his vitals are all fine but the vet couldn't really tell me anything concrete. He's 11 now and slowing down so who knows. I"m gonna take him to his regular vet next week to see if they can tell me anything more

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk posted:

This turned out to be pretty easy on the stick pc side but the amount of cords and power supplies here is just unacceptable. I’m headed to the electronics store.

I’m way too deep into this. I’ve got the stick pc and scanner now both running off a single 24v power supply. It’s still kind of a mess with cords all over though.

Have a feeling I’m going to be spending Sunday morning cutting holes in a project box.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I saw the green knight. wish I’d done so a lot sooner, it’s extremely my kind of movie. only thing is I saw it on MAX, so the many dark scenes had a ton of color banding and macroblocking. definitely getting the UltraHD disc of this one

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Silver Alicorn posted:

I saw the green knight. wish I’d done so a lot sooner, it’s extremely my kind of movie. only thing is I saw it on MAX, so the many dark scenes had a ton of color banding and macroblocking. definitely getting the UltraHD disc of this one

yeah i really liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's breakfast time, everyone