Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeveretNG
Apr 28, 2024
Allow me to start us off,
I partook in something ungodly awful during my trip grocery shopping earlier this afternoon. I acquired it from Aldi's usual shelf of seasonal goods, this time themed with Cinco De Mayo in mind. There was these strange things in plastic/foil packaging called "Walking Tamales". Now, I can say with certainty that I like spicy food. And the idea of having this little granola bar sized thing filled with traditional latin american ingredients sounded great. The thing was cheap so I picked it up, vaguely looking forward to spicy beans, salsa and beef when I got everything loaded into my car..

What I got instead was a homogeneous slippery blob of what tasted like dog food with Thai chili oil slathered on it. Solid texture, all the way through, like paper soaked in rendered pork fat. Took like two bites and just knew this thing wasn't worth it. Undeniably the worst thing I've ever gone out on a limb and tried from Aldi in specific.

Anyone else have any strange or odd grab & go experiences from grocery stores? Anything good, anything downright awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That is a tragedy.

Most of my experiences in modern times have been pretty good at the grocery store but growing up it was 50/50 if the fried chicken you picked up from like, Stater Bros. was going to actually be fully cooked.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I grabbed a sausage breakfast burrito from safeway a few days ago and it was horrendous. About half way through a stream of grease came out of the bottom and went everywhere so I threw that poo poo out

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
back when i worked at whole foods my favorite grab and go deli item was the smoked mozzarella pasta salad; lightly creamy penne pasta with shreds of parm, roasted red pepper, baby spinach, and cubes of smoked mozz. i'd usually grab a small container of that and a cup of soup off the hot bar, and it was a filling and quick lunch which was good because you had like five fuckin minutes to eat before it was back on the clock.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I really like turkey pinwheels. Just a turkey/cheese wrap, hopefully with cream cheese, sliced, usually available as a party tray. Costco has them, I get a tray as a kind of guilty pleasure every few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've never had a bad experience with them from grocery stores but Circle K turkey pinwheels definitely have made me sick.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.