Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

jng2058 posted:

Also, as a Sorcerer, Xykon has Charisma out the rear end, and as an evil Sorcerer, he's got no reason not to max his Bluff. The fact that usually he's too powerful to care about lying to people now doesn't mean he didn't need to do it a lot earlier in his career when he didn't always have overwhelming force. I think it's a mistake to assume that Xykon can't lie really well.

For instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Danzou posted:

Xykon didn't even know there was another half to the ritual he was given, and it doesn't seem like Tsukiko had time to explain her findings to him.

Yes he did.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

NihilCredo posted:

That was a while ago and Redcloak's been through a lot since. He wouldn't have risked the switcharoo if he didn't foresee the possibility of needing to betray Xykon. (Most likely by just smashing the phylactery, but I was wondering about any alternatives.)

He wouldn't have even been able to try without a great metalsmith like the one they picked up conquering those villages. Anyways, what would really be interesting is, if Redcloak announces his betrayal with Xycon in his pocket SOD spoiler the MotD will eat both of them.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Cliff Racer posted:

He wouldn't have even been able to try without a great metalsmith like the one they picked up conquering those villages. Anyways, what would really be interesting is, if Redcloak announces his betrayal with Xycon in his pocket SOD spoiler the MotD will eat both of them.

This will happen, but Redcloak will announce his betrayal with O-Chul in the room.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Ah, man! I'm pretty sure I even posted speculation as to why he didn't tell that to Tsukiko. My bad, guys.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

nimby posted:

You're expecting a lot from a warrior who jumped onto an undead dragon to have a sword fight with the lich sorcerer that can destroy an army of paladins on his own.

The more important thing to remember, regarding killing Xykon: Who is going to destroy his phylactery? He can't die if Redcloak is alive and still on his side. If Redcloak destroys it off-panel, that'd be kinda lame, but if he was going to do it in the comic, he'd probably have done it by now.

In fairness, Roy had previously blown that lich up all by himself, and said lich hadn't yet demonstrated that he could single handedly kill an entire order of paladins.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

A.o.D. posted:

In fairness, Roy had previously blown that lich up all by himself, and said lich hadn't yet demonstrated that he could single handedly kill an entire order of paladins.

To be fair, that was a pretty weak set of paladins. Given the fact that a spell with a will save affected the entire room with a single exception (O-Chul), and Hinjo even mentions the "real" line of defense was the ghost-martyrs (reinforced by the suddenly-dead in the room), the CR of that particular part of the fight for Xykon was probably as low as all of Belkar's "shoeless god of war" montages.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Ursine Asylum posted:

To be fair, that was a pretty weak set of paladins. Given the fact that a spell with a will save affected the entire room with a single exception (O-Chul), and Hinjo even mentions the "real" line of defense was the ghost-martyrs (reinforced by the suddenly-dead in the room), the CR of that particular part of the fight for Xykon was probably as low as all of Belkar's "shoeless god of war" montages.

Technically, Flying Cleric Chick and Bandana Paladin made their saves too. Not that it did them much good, mind you...

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

jng2058 posted:

Technically, Flying Cleric Chick and Bandana Paladin made their saves too. Not that it did them much good, mind you...

Why is Bandana Paladin's Archon blue?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

my dad posted:

Why is Bandana Paladin's Archon blue?

He's from Azure City. Everything they do is blue.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

That's a good question. I was thinking maybe it had to do with which pantheon you worshipped, but the Azurite soldier in the same panel has a yellow one. Only thing I can think of is that members of the Sapphire Guard get Blue Archons. Just like when Miko fell, she lost her blue light and color, Bandana Paladin must keep a Blue Archon because he was a true paladin of the Sapphire Guard until the end.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Is that Lien with the big axe/halberd thing fighting with O-Chul against Xykon?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ConfusedUs posted:

Is that Lien with the big axe/halberd thing fighting with O-Chul against Xykon?

Lien had shorter hair and was, I think, guarding the docks.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Can anyone see any Order of the Stick comics past #636? They're all showing up as completely blank pages, not even any source code.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Can anyone see any Order of the Stick comics past #636? They're all showing up as completely blank pages, not even any source code.

Same here.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Likewise, whether I have NoScript or Adblock turned on or off, just get a blank page.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
Looks like the Snarl got loose.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Yes, but not the most recent ones.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

I'm having problems with 637 and 638, but 639 and beyond are there. (At least the few I checked)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I thought it was just a question of cache (i.e., the entire site is nuked, but my cache still worked for comics I had seen recently); but even when forcing a full reload, those comics that do display still display, while others are completely broken.

It's not just those that are after #636 either: #450 doesn't display, for example.

Found a thread on the official forum, so I guess if any explanation for the issue comes out, it'll be behind this link. No word so far, though, just various posters listing various pages that didn't work.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 30, 2013

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
New comic, complete with no advancement of the plot or comical moments. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
OOTS #882 "It's a Boy!"

What did the avoid discussing in the previous strips, or to be more precise, what did Kilkil try to bring up?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I don't think we know, which is the point.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bloodly posted:

I don't think we know, which is the point.

This is Rich we're talking about. He probably left a clue or two.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
Seeing a competent evil Elan is still pretty :allears:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

New comic, complete with no advancement of the plot or comical moments. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

There's plenty of humor there.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I'd disagree. This is one of those ones that plants the seed of "You guys all missed something."

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Plus it sets up some of the basics of vampire-life for Durkula.

With Durkon out of the picture, the Linear Guild is now no longer themed along Evil Opposites. Nale should fix that.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I wonder why Tarquin is using a whip now.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Well, he lost his axe on Belkar.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

mmkay posted:

Well, he lost his axe on Belkar.

Which is probably booby trapped and that's what they're referring to.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

ZearothK posted:

It's his backup weapon. He threw his axe at Belkar's during their last fight.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0863.html

Shavnir
Apr 5, 2005

A MAN'S DREAM CAN NEVER DIE

ZearothK posted:

He lost his axe and had to pull a whip out of the saddlebag on the dinosaur a few strips back.

e;fb

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Nale is probably smart enough to at least be considering dispelling Protection from Daylight when Malack's out in daylight, now that he's got a look at it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I bet the "secret thing" is that Tarquin has his squad coming as backup.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Malack is casting a spell on Kilkil in the background of one of these panels. If it's some kind of healing spell, it sure doesn't look like one. Ominous!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Colonel Cool posted:

Nale is probably smart enough to at least be considering dispelling Protection from Daylight when Malack's out in daylight, now that he's got a look at it.
Good luck with that caster level check, Mr. Fighter / Rogue / Sorcerer.

Android Blues posted:

Malack is casting a spell on Kilkil in the background of one of these panels. If it's some kind of healing spell, it sure doesn't look like one. Ominous!
It's every OotS cleric's must-have 2nd level spell, remove paralysis. (Probably followed by every OotS cleric's other must-have 2nd level spell, remove blindness/deafness.)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
f;b

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Android Blues posted:

I think every caster has his spell 'color' (Durkon had white, V has pink, ZZ'dtri green, etc.). It's just that Malack's is black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Colonel Cool posted:

Considering it maybe, but Malack has been a vampire long enough to have a magic item that does it for him. There's not going to be much chance of it affecting him. He cast protection on Durkon because Durkon doesn't have something like that; at least not yet.