Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Autumncomet posted:

There's never been a female Red Ranger, has there?
Since the series is over now, Shinkenger/Samurai had a female red ranger for a few episodes. There's still a few past series where it looks like a female is the leader until the red ranger actually shows up though, like Wild ForceGaoranger.

VVV Forgot about that, only watched the first couple episodes.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yellow was a dude in Gaoranger though.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Don't forget that a female was technically in charge in Kakuranger, Timeranger, and Gekiranger.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
And Dekaranger.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
And Jetman if you want to go by on BS technicalities.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Uh yeah, Commander Odagiri is the best sixth ranger in all of Sentai, so step off on that 'technicality' biz

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I enjoyed what of Dekaranger I've seen; has anyone besides TV-Nihon subbed the whole thing?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Some Numbers posted:

I enjoyed what of Dekaranger I've seen; has anyone besides TV-Nihon subbed the whole thing?

Nope. OT is working on it but it's on the back burner with four weeklies going on.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

And Dekaranger.

I never really got that, was Umeko actually supposed to be the leader of the team or did she just think she was?

But yeah as mentioned there's been 2 female reds so far (though only 1 in sentai) and 1 female green if you count Mele from Gekiranger. No male pinks technically but Gokaiger did do an All-Pink transformation in one of the movies.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
There will be an episode of Kyouryuger which shows us how the other 4 tamed their respective partners. I think this is the only one that matters:

NOSSAN! :swoon:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I started watching Kyoryuger last night and it is just the best. There are times when I'm giggling like a madman over all the stupid stuff that happens, like Ramirez and the super-hype announcer.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Perigryn posted:

There will be an episode of Kyouryuger which shows us how the other 4 tamed their respective partners. I think this is the only one that matters:

NOSSAN! :swoon:

I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't dadjoke it into submission at one point.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Fooley posted:

I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't dadjoke it into submission at one point.

As much as I've been enjoying Nossan and Kyoryuger in general. I think that I got dadjoked into submission with that last episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Potsticker posted:

As much as I've been enjoying Nossan and Kyoryuger in general. I think that I got dadjoked into submission with that last episode.

I guess you could say making jokes is Nossan's submission.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess you could say making jokes is Nossan's submission.

:negative:

As bad as the love, fart and tickling powers have been, Kyoryuger has still been entertaining. The cast is really likable and it's been a fun show so far.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

The love battery could be incredible later, if Nossan ever gets to use it. At least then someone in the show would appreciate his jokes.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's too bad that all the villains except Dogold and Chaos are completely uninteresting in every way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Does anyone get the feeling that Kyoryuger might be one of the shorter seasons? We're 8 episodes in and it seems like the plot has been moving along rather quickly lately.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Who could not like Aigaron?

That really stings.

BoutrosBoutros
Dec 6, 2010

Larryb posted:

Does anyone get the feeling that Kyoryuger might be one of the shorter seasons? We're 8 episodes in and it seems like the plot has been moving along rather quickly lately.

I almost guarantee it will be the same length as every other season. If they start to wrap up the plot before the time is up then the only thing that will happen is a second plotline will pop up.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Larryb posted:

If it ends up being more of a 48 than a 52 it will be because of ratings, not because of any longterm plan.

Also is there any way that we could spoil plot reveals from toy solicits in this thread? I suspect I am not the only one who hates having people jump in with pictures of stuff that hasn't been revealed yet.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
Wizard's attack calls get more and more ridiculous with each new form and I love it. :hfive:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

RBX posted:

Who could not like Aigaron?

That really stings.

People who dislike innocent people being tormented by their dead loved ones.

Aigaron is a dick.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I like Chaos because he cares about the villains who aren't Dogold as much as I do, which is to say, not at all.

Also, I can't believe someone had to point out the Dogold pun to me.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I like Chaos because he cares about the villains who aren't Dogold as much as I do, which is to say, not at all.

Also, I can't believe someone had to point out the Dogold pun to me.

And "do" means "angry." He is actually Angry Gold.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
So, is that the fastest they've broken out the 6th ranger?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Eponymous posted:

So, is that the fastest they've broken out the 6th ranger?

Depending on your interpretation, I'd probably have to say Abaranger.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The sites are saying it is.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Given that there are likely to be 10 total rangers (like Cyan who're more or less Extra Rangers), will we see a 7th on the team?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Kyoryu Green is so useless and boring.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

It's Mobirates time.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

He's not as entertaining as the others but I do love his fighting style.

Box of Bunnies posted:

It's Mobirates time.
I saw this on Facebook earlier. Is this implying, do you think, that GokaiSilver will be the one to give them the Gokaiger powers? I really wonder how they're going to do this.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Box of Bunnies posted:

It's Mobirates time.

Silver is standing there, blue, yellow, and black are gokai-changing, pink is kinda confused, and red is doing something completely different.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is this implying, do you think, that GokaiSilver will be the one to give them the Gokaiger powers? I really wonder how they're going to do this.

I reckon that's where the smart money is. The Zangyack arrive and stomp the Rangers, then Silver turns up and is all "here's some new poo poo guys, let's get to it." Putting him in an Andros-like role seems the obvious way to do things.

Could even be a two parter split over the Megaforce finale and Super Megaforce premiere if they want to go for a big cliffhanger

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So, all original footage or mostly Sentai footage? Will we see an actual Legend War? Or just a couple clips? Will the original fight scenes not be poo poo?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Well, I wanted to comment on the new Wizard form now that I've seen it in action, but since I couldn't look directly at it...

Seriously, that's a really shiny-rear end costume. It's kind of hard to look at. Just literally painful on the eyes, not in a general aesthetic sense like Meteor Storm but an actually physically uncomfortable experience.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Mecha Gojira posted:

Well, I wanted to comment on the new Wizard form now that I've seen it in action, but since I couldn't look directly at it...

Seriously, that's a really shiny-rear end costume. It's kind of hard to look at. Just literally painful on the eyes, not in a general aesthetic sense like Meteor Storm but an actually physically uncomfortable experience.

My hope's so bright, I gotta wear shades. :c00lbert:

But really, I kinda got the same feeling from Infinity myself. I imagine I'll get used to it, but probably not how terrible the ring itself looks. It looks so cheap compared to the others, it doesn't even really look like it's supposed to be some sort of gemstone, just a hunk of gray and slightly whiter gray plastic.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

RBX posted:

So, all original footage or mostly Sentai footage? Will we see an actual Legend War? Or just a couple clips? Will the original fight scenes not be poo poo?

Man, I seriously can not wait to see this trainwreck in action. Combining Gosei and Gokai together would be hard enough for competent writers, I can't even imagine what the people behind Samurai bring us.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Depending on your interpretation, I'd probably have to say Abaranger.

Under the same interpretation you could count Magiranger. Hell, AbareBlack and Magimother were literally the first rangers we saw in their respective series.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr Tran posted:

Whats that, someone who's only had an intro episode and one focus episode isn't interesting yet? I find it interesting that someone has a problem with the villains too, since they have a lot more personality than a lot of the past's villains. I dunno, maybe because I've just picked a run of shows with blander villains to watch.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 17, 2013

• Locked thread