Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JT Smiley posted:

This is dumb and whoever wrote it should feel dumb for writing it. Power Rangers has run for 20 years and has had hundreds of actors play rangers, on top of that they are currently filming in New Zealand. The cost of bringing even half of these actors back would insane, especially when the audience wouldn't recognize most if any of the old timers.

Actually, they're not filming in New Zealand anymore, I think. That was where Disney filmed it, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually, they're not filming in New Zealand anymore, I think. That was where Disney filmed it, no?

Still in New Zealand to keep costs low.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Regardless of where it's filmed now, it doesn't change the fact that JEFusion commenters are dim as gently caress.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Fooley posted:

Is there something I can search Youtube or Nico for to find awkward videos from older fans doing the Kyoryuger dance? I imagine they're only going to show the ones from kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxyqsiVqC2I

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

This is one of the greatest videos on the internet.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

HKR posted:

Call and raise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nevd7GSKc

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

HKR posted:

The guy danced to most of the Sunday morning ending themes, I saw his videos on Nico and I couldn't decide if be creeped out or amazed at how well he re-enacts Pretty Cure dances.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Living the dream.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
My favorite Akibaranger of the season, right there. I was always kind of curious if there was a fanbase for the english remakes or what the general opinion on them was.

SPD and Overdrive were amazing and I refuse to hear otherwise although I admit what they did with Carranger was horrendous.

Then again it's hard to top Carranger.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Kinda off topic, but I just listened to Guillermo del Toro talk about his love for classic toku like Ultraman. His kids love giant robots because of him.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

GUIS looks to be primed and ready to release the rest of Maskman one episode per day now. The series is great and if you haven't started watching now is a great time.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Kyoryuger continues to be an absolute joy to watch.

Edit: gently caress me, KyoryuGold's theme is goddamn amazing.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 14, 2013

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

So yeah Wizard. Sora was a murderer before he became a phantom eh? I was getting goosebumps during the reveal with Cannon playing, was kinda hoping they would continue with it during the fight.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Kyoryuger continues to be an absolute joy to watch.

Edit: gently caress me, KyoryuGold's theme is goddamn amazing.

I didn't think Ian and Utchy as cliche punks could get any better bet then King and Nossan went and topped them.

I mean drat (joke spoiler) http://i.imgur.com/TuLUY25.png

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
'Believe Yourself' from Agito is a fantastic song, but holy loving poo poo has use of this song been stretched to oblivion

Twenty episodes in, this poo poo has become the new Duel of the Fates for me :sigh:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 15, 2013

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Every week on Kyoryuger should be Western week

pewpewpew

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

The Blackest Goon posted:

'Believe Yourself' from Agito is a fantastic song, but holy loving poo poo has use of this song been stretched to oblivion

Twenty episodes in, this poo poo has become the new Duel of the Fates for me :sigh:

Wait till they use "Deep Breath", you'll miss Believe Yourself pretty quick.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
also when does ryo stop being a miserable piece of poo poo?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I have some bad news for you, buddy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryo's purpose in the world is for the universe to poo poo on him.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Ryo's purpose in the world is for the universe to poo poo on him.

And for him to poo poo right back at it! It works out pretty well for the strip.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Not that Famitsu reviews mean a whole lot but Kamen Rider Battride War, the Rider themed Dynasty Warriors clone for PS3, scored 33/40 in their latest issue.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I got my Legacy Morpher today. It's great. The coins are all diecast and have some real heft to them, which I wasn't actually expecting. I thought just the plates on the morpher itself were diecast. The belt attachment makes it really easy to display too. Bonus points: It plays the MMPR theme when you hold down the button and the Communicator beeps when you turn it on. :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SpazmasterX posted:

I got my Legacy Morpher today. It's great. The coins are all diecast and have some real heft to them, which I wasn't actually expecting. I thought just the plates on the morpher itself were diecast. The belt attachment makes it really easy to display too. Bonus points: It plays the MMPR theme when you hold down the button and the Communicator beeps when you turn it on. :allears:

Man. I hope I can get one of those...I kept checking the Toys R Us website, but they were always out of stock.

Edit: and now that I say that, they're available to order!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 15, 2013

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Watching Agito 21

Ryo is past creepy stalker status, isn't he?...

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Toshiki Inoue has stated before that (Agito Ending Spoilers) the dog Ryo finds at the end of the show dies shortly thereafter. He REALLY wanted Gills to suffer, and if you watch a lot of his shows he sometimes tends to use a character as a punching bag to prove some weird point about the cruelty of life.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was at Wal-Mart today and headed for the toy aisle for no particular reason, and found out they had started stocking PR stuff again (they didn't for a while). It was mostly Megaforce stuff, like the morpher, the blaster, and the morpher for Gosei Knight (or whatever they call him). It was a little weird to see that the Megazord toy is the bikes or something? Well anyway, that's not the important thing, what is is that they had some Samurai toys.

I figure I probably won't have much luck finding the Shinkenger toys, and I'm a bit too poor to afford them even if I could, so I checked out what Samurai stuff they had. I ended up picking up the Samurai Megazord and the lobster zord, since those were the only two that interested me. They also had the bull zord and the tiger zord, and a "Gigazord" figure that was just boring looking.

I'm disappointed they didn't have the squid, but eh. It's not a bad toy, though I'm disappointed that you can't actually transform the animals into the origami. Well, you can for the turtle, but that's more due to how it folds up, you can't for the others. Guess I'll be setting it up next to my RPM Megazord.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

I figure I probably won't have much luck finding the Shinkenger toys, and I'm a bit too poor to afford them even if I could, so I checked out what Samurai stuff they had. I ended up picking up the Samurai Megazord and the lobster zord, since those were the only two that interested me. They also had the bull zord and the tiger zord, and a "Gigazord" figure that was just boring looking.

I'm disappointed they didn't have the squid, but eh. It's not a bad toy, though I'm disappointed that you can't actually transform the animals into the origami. Well, you can for the turtle, but that's more due to how it folds up, you can't for the others. Guess I'll be setting it up next to my RPM Megazord.

I hate to say it, but chances are you could've gotten the actual Shinken-Oh at Toys R Us for probably what you paid for the Samurai Megazord and Claw zord. They released at as part of the special 20th anniversary line, and they'll be releasing Gosei Great sometime this year too.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Yeah, the Samurai Megazord and the various add-ons aren't too bad when you figure that at original retail cost, the base Megazord was about half of what the imported Shinken-Oh is at Toys R Us. I do wish they had either included a folded Ape zord or made the base one able to do origami mode, since the upgraded forms of the mecha have it folded, but the BoA toy can't fold, so the Ape zord just kinda hangs there, while the Turtle zord folds up nicely.

The Goesei Great Megazord isn't too bad compared to the Japanese Gosei Great, though I stopped at just buying the base Megazord since I'm not a fan of the Headders and such. The bikes you saw are just BoA doing their usual "make a bunch of extra crap that may or may not show up in the series", though now they add Zord Builder connectors on them so they can connect to the Megazords. The Zord Builder stuff is actually a great idea from a sales standpoint since it's now expanded to 3 Megazords plus all the Samurai and Megaforce secondary Zords, all of which can mix and match. I'm just hoping they do Gokai-Oh justice with the Super Megaforce US version since I'm planning to get one display in component form next to the Japanese Gokai-Oh.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
There's no way GokaiOh will still have all its gimmicks and quality intact. Not a chance. I'm just hoping they do an import for it too so I can pick it up. By the way, you have to buy two of the bikes in order to make Gosei Grand because they decided they needed to be motorcycles for some reason instead of actually packaging them with the lion zord.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 18, 2013

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Oh, no doubt it'll be neutered as compared to the Japanese one, which is why I bought the full line of JP Gokaiger mecha. But if they can pull off a halfway decent looking set of Zords, I'll be happy since I didn't want to drop another 70-80 on a Gokai-Oh to display in individual form. For 35 though, I'll take the size reduction and lack of extra detail.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

OZC posted:

I do wish they had either included a folded Ape zord or made the base one able to do origami mode, since the upgraded forms of the mecha have it folded, but the BoA toy can't fold, so the Ape zord just kinda hangs there, while the Turtle zord folds up nicely.

This may be why they had a separate Gigazord toy that was just a figure, and not composed of individual pieces, I guess.

I didn't know about the Toys R Us import, though I don't have one near me anyway, and according to the website it's 80 bucks which is kind of pricey...I mean I'd love to have an original, but I'm strapped for cash at the moment, and while the American toy isn't cheap either (almost 33 bucks), it was less than half that.

The only Super Sentai toy I'd really love to have would be all 12 Go-Onger Engines as that's my favorite series, but I'm sure that would cost an arm and a leg, even more so since it's a few years old.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
TRU was selling a complete Gigazord set for $130. Saves you from having to buy all those bikes to get the auxiliary folding zords.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
You didn't have to buy the bikes for the Samurai stuff. The Tiger, Swordfish, Beetle, and Squid were each standalone with a Ranger figure, and the Clawzord and Bullzord were sold as Megazord-class individual releases too. The bikes were just Zord Builder compatible. The bikes are required for the various Headders for the Gosei Great though. I know there was also a Gigazord that was stripped down and had some kind of odd "spaceship" mode they advertised it with, but I think that one was priced around 50-60.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

OZC posted:

I know there was also a Gigazord that was stripped down and had some kind of odd "spaceship" mode they advertised it with, but I think that one was priced around 50-60.

Yep, I do remember seeing something about a spaceship mode on the box at the store. This is the one I was talking about.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20371500?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227015543339&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=18154805230&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

It's 30 bucks on the official site, but it was probably the same price as the other two I bought (so about 33 bucks in-store). The Megazord itself is an action figure (so you can't separate it into individual zords) but you can move accessories and I guess some of the accessories are compatible with other figures. Anyway it looked really dumb.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

Anyway it looked really dumb.
It could be show accurate and still look dumb. Goseiger's bot designs stunk.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
I love the marketing speak on that page too. "Sleek samurai design." I don't know that Samurai Ha-oh/Gigazord is what I'd call particularly "sleek".

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Does anyone have/know where I can find a decent mp3 of the Kyoryuger henshin music? Google's not doing me any favors and I'm trying to find it, loop it and make it my ringtone.

Hear my roar! Keitai no yuusha!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kamen Rider W is a pretty cool guy even if his Monster designs kinda suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RBX posted:

Kamen Rider W is a pretty cool guy even if his Monster designs kinda suck.

Well this opinion is just crazy wrong. W have a handful of bad designs (T-Rex Bird Clay Doll EXTREME and SWEETS being the worst) but all the rest hit that poo poo out of the park.

• Locked thread