Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It really makes me happy seeing so many old ranger actors back. I knew full well that a full tribute season like Gokaiger would never fly here in America, but drat, it's looking like we're gonna get one hell of an anniversary episode/story arc. My Power Rangers watching is really sporadic, but it really looks like they've got people from every season I love (MMPR, Space, Lightspeed, Time Force, Dino Thunder [I'm counting Tommy here])

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Liar Lyre posted:

I bet he's still pretty badass.

Seeing these set photos make me want to watch the series again. Maybe I'll make a podcast about it.

Can I sit in on that? The badassery of Carter must be heralded across the stars. I love that they look like a married couple in that picture, gives me hope for the writing of the Vets.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man, if someone is doing a vintage power rangers podcast, I would love to guest on there at some point.

I wonder if we're gonna get classic morphing sequences, or if everyone is just gonna show up already suited up...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Man, if someone is doing a vintage power rangers podcast, I would love to guest on there at some point.

Ditto.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm still trying to figure out how to podcast, but once I get that's settled I'll be sure to tell you guys and organize something. So I'm guessing Early June.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how to podcast, but once I get that's settled I'll be sure to tell you guys and organize something. So I'm guessing Early June.

Plan on posting here with details, or using PM/email? I'd like to get in on something like that, or at least check it out.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Burkion posted:

Can I sit in on that? The badassery of Carter must be heralded across the stars. I love that they look like a married couple in that picture, gives me hope for the writing of the Vets.

Carter was a badass? I never managed to sit through more than a handful of episodes before I just gave up on Lightspeed completely. To this day it's the only season I've skipped, because I hated it that much. And I've seen all of Operation Overdrive!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

JT Smiley posted:

Carter was a badass? I never managed to sit through more than a handful of episodes before I just gave up on Lightspeed completely. To this day it's the only season I've skipped, because I hated it that much. And I've seen all of Operation Overdrive!

Really the whole Lightspeed team was pretty badass. Carter was a quintessential Red Ranger though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SpazmasterX posted:

Really the whole Lightspeed team was pretty badass. Carter was a quintessential Red Ranger though.

If I recall correctly, he relied a bit too much on his gun and not enough on sweet kung fu.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JT Smiley posted:

I'll put it this way. There was a ground hog day type episode where the Rangers were killed by new weapons made for them due to Plot. Carter knew this. He gets put in a situation where he's face to face with a monster that is, due to plot, about to kill another of his teammates, and he has the thing at point blank range with both that weapon and a stronger weapon. He doesn't even hesitate to pull the trigger, which shreds his suit. He then goes on to pilot a Megazord by himself immediately after, only passing out after killing the monster.

That's pretty drat badass. Oh, and, you know, not even flinching when he orders his teammates to seal him in hell to save the day.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Agent Rush posted:

Plan on posting here with details, or using PM/email? I'd like to get in on something like that, or at least check it out.

I'll probably leave my email or twitter and then relay details there, but for general stuff I'll post directly. For example, what kind of format would work best? My favorite idea at the moment is to review the series one episode at a time, five times a week. Of corse each week of content will be recorded ahead of time in one sitting. Besides that, we could have a new PR/Sentai related topic to talk about each week, have a general show with news and what's new (although No Pink Spandex already does a great job with that), or something else. If any of you guys have a suggestion, please say something because you'll be the ones listening.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Liar Lyre posted:

I'll probably leave my email or twitter and then relay details there, but for general stuff I'll post directly. For example, what kind of format would work best? My favorite idea at the moment is to review the series one episode at a time, five times a week. Of corse each week of content will be recorded ahead of time in one sitting. Besides that, we could have a new PR/Sentai related topic to talk about each week, have a general show with news and what's new (although No Pink Spandex already does a great job with that), or something else. If any of you guys have a suggestion, please say something because you'll be the ones listening.

If you want to review one episode a day, you should be sure to keep it brief. No one wants to listen to reviews that run longer than watching the actual episode.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Liar Lyre posted:

I like the one episode of PR = one podcast episode; maybe follow that up with a longer and more detailed series discussion episode over the series as a whole.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

I'll put it this way. There was a ground hog day type episode where the Rangers were killed by new weapons made for them due to Plot. Carter knew this. He gets put in a situation where he's face to face with a monster that is, due to plot, about to kill another of his teammates, and he has the thing at point blank range with both that weapon and a stronger weapon. He doesn't even hesitate to pull the trigger, which shreds his suit. He then goes on to pilot a Megazord by himself immediately after, only passing out after killing the monster.

That's pretty drat badass. Oh, and, you know, not even flinching when he orders his teammates to seal him in hell to save the day.

Lightspeed is a badass underrated season. The green ranger is awesome, and carter is a new age Jason. The whole show is a retread of mmpr kinda but different. I liked it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RBX posted:

Lightspeed is a badass underrated season. The green ranger is awesome, and carter is a new age Jason. The whole show is a retread of mmpr kinda but different. I liked it.

And the zords were amazing. Super. Train. Megazord. That is all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Super Train Megazord with a machine gun chest and a missile barrage punch attack. And they combine by going super fast into the air.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jivjov posted:

And the zords were amazing. Super. Train. Megazord. That is all.

Still the only carrierzord that's made of separate zords that carry their smaller counterparts, which is something that needs to come back. I think the last real carrierzord was the DekaBase/Delta Command Megazord. Everything since then has just been a vehicle for a megazord to ride.

Mostly I just want more carrierzords goddammit.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There wasn't as much Nossan+Utchy PowerHour goodness as I was expecting this week, but it was a pretty fun episode. Also, a missed opportunity to drop a Go-Busters reference.

Next week looks sick though. I'm a sucker for "Revelation about the past" plots.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Did they ever make a Den-O choo choo for sale?

edit: ooh found some. Nevermind

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 28, 2013

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

JT Smiley posted:

I didn't like Lightspeed much when I first saw it, but seeing it in reruns later I thought it was pretty good. I think some of its problems come from being the first season to be more stand-alone in terms of story.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So I just watched Kamen Rider J for the first time. Wow. That's...Amemiya man. Fuckin'...Amemiya.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Rei_ posted:

So I just watched Kamen Rider J for the first time. Wow. That's...Amemiya man. Fuckin'...Amemiya.
I know... :allears:

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
I don't know what anyone in this thread is talking about. Lightspeed was the end of watching Power Rangers for me when I was younger. It was phenomenally awful.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rocco posted:

I don't know what anyone in this thread is talking about. Lightspeed was the end of watching Power Rangers for me when I was younger. It was phenomenally awful.

I understand what everyone is saying, but I couldn't disagree more. I just found the show to be very bland and the cast was dull and lifeless. Thank Heavens for Timeforce the following year, that show was amazing all around.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Seems like the guys from Onoretvn areactually going to translate Den-O. Either that or it's a really elaborate and long April Fool's joke. I'm happy for this, as we need more groups translating/scrubbing KR series in general (it seems most groups are doing that with older Sentai), and because I've been wanting to watch Den-O as my first pre-Decade Rider (am I right in that? is it any good?) and so far I've been able to stay TVN-free.

Also, I seem to remember one of the guys from the blog posted here?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Markovnikov posted:

Seems like the guys from Onoretvn areactually going to translate Den-O. Either that or it's a really elaborate and long April Fool's joke. I'm happy for this, as we need more groups translating/scrubbing KR series in general (it seems most groups are doing that with older Sentai), and because I've been wanting to watch Den-O as my first pre-Decade Rider (am I right in that? is it any good?) and so far I've been able to stay TVN-free.

I managed to catch their stream of the first two episodes. That choochoo is cool.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Markovnikov posted:

They livestreamed the first two episodes. It exists. I think this might be a project where they are waiting to finish the whole series before releasing it though?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok i'm on episode 14 of W and I think it's time for the first movie? Since the commercial started interrupting the wonderful intro sequence. So I just watch Begins Night then i'm good right?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

RBX posted:

Ok i'm on episode 14 of W and I think it's time for the first movie? Since the commercial started interrupting the wonderful intro sequence. So I just watch Begins Night then i'm good right?

Yep, it takes place before episodes 15 and 16. Before Episode 44 make sure to watch A to Z. Make sure to skip the stupid loving Decade part too.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Maskman 48 Baraba :(

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
All of us have accounts, really. I'm the translator at Onore TVN. We're probably not going to wait for the WHOLE series to be done, but at least a good chunk so we don't get behind even when I'm overwhelmed by real work. Well. Paying work.

Thanks for coming to the stream, those of you who did. We really only have the first two eps out of QC right now, I want to make sure we have a bunch of backlog before we make real releases. I'm in the middle of working on Ep 10.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

W's villains have very interesting interactions. Best since Shinkenger. It keeps getting better!

Edit: Wow episode 18.

RBX fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 30, 2013

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

RBX posted:

W's villains have very interesting interactions. Best since Shinkenger. It keeps getting better!

Edit: Wow episode 18.

Yeah. That's one of my favorites.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This is Accel.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/624/my_parents_are_deeaaaaaad.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOps4qA5rM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eptx-YySLL8

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBX posted:

This is Accel.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/624/my_parents_are_deeaaaaaad.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOps4qA5rM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eptx-YySLL8

Give him some time. He's got worthwhile as hell payoff.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

His prick and mugging levels are at an extreme high but i'll wait.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I hate Accel just because his suit design and concept are too stupid. I had to skip when he gets his final powered up form, but to get there we get to watch a motocross trial course :geno:.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
That still wasn't as bad as Meteor Storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I liked the Accel movie. :(

• Locked thread