Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Burkion posted:

Pretty much, yes.

Is that a padlock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

SpazmasterX posted:

Is that a padlock?

As usual, the next Rider's toy gimmick will be determined by whatever object happened to be lying around the main writer's desk at the time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

loving Wizard getting 3 more episodes. C'mon Gaimu, are you so terrible it's gonna take you another month to fix yourself?
Gaimu's not even gonna cameo in the Wizard movie. I'm worried...

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

That is the ugliest suit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Burkion posted:

Pretty much, yes.

Perigryn posted:

Gaimu's not even gonna cameo in the Wizard movie. I'm worried...

Well guess I have no hope. The only thing that could make this worse is if it's an anniversary rider.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'll give the suit the benefit of the doubt for now as I didn't care much for the Kyoryugers when their first pics surfaced either. My main complaint is the lack of bug eyes. Wizard barely has them and they're the best part. :(

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

HKR posted:

That is the ugliest suit

We say this every year, except this year, and look how that turned out.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Those things on his shoulder look like they'd get in the way really easily.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It really does look like a Den-O Clusterfuck suit upgrade.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

HKR posted:

That is the ugliest suit

Flameingblack posted:

I like it more than Fourze at least on its initial reveal. It does seem like some odd mesh of Fourze and Den-O.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I guess you could say

it looks

fruity

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Flameingblack posted:

It really captures that mid-season upgrade look of being visually busy and having a bad color scheme.

That said, I do kind of like that helmet on its own.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It kind of looks like some crab robot crawled up the base suit and folded itself out Rock Lords style.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Potsticker posted:

It kind of looks like some crab robot crawled up the base suit and folded itself out Rock Lords style.

The shoulders alone scream "action figure gimmick".

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Fred is on posted:

It really captures that mid-season upgrade look of being visually busy and having a bad color scheme.

That said, I do kind of like that helmet on its own.

Then is the mid-season suit gonna actually look good? Or is it going to make eyes bleed?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Speaking of dumb Toku suits, (Kyoryuger) geez, Deboss looks way worse than I was expecting after all the other main villains and their great designs. Really hoping he get some Ultimate Form that looks less goofy.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Brother Entropy posted:

Speaking of dumb Toku suits, (Kyoryuger) geez, Deboss looks way worse than I was expecting after all the other main villains and their great designs. Really hoping he get some Ultimate Form that looks less goofy.

They should have saved that design for giant Luckyuro. Deboss shouldn't be adorable

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

Considering that Torin referred to Deboss' appearance as "the same form it took when it appeared in the age of the dinosaurs" and it looks pretty dinosaur-y, I'm sure he'll get a humanoid form towards the end of the series for wiping out humankind.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

1st Stage Midboss posted:

Considering that Torin referred to Deboss' appearance as "the same form it took when it appeared in the age of the dinosaurs" and it looks pretty dinosaur-y, I'm sure he'll get a humanoid form towards the end of the series for wiping out humankind.

Yeah, that was the exact line that made me get my hopes up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Burkion posted:

Pretty much, yes.

It's a fuzzy, small picture. I'll withhold a final judgment until we see something larger and clearer.

I suppose the orange bits on the costume are meant to be orange peels?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Only vaguely related. I would like to thank our resident OT staff for leaving the Fast and Furious commercial in episode 35 of Go-Busters. It just made my day. :)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

First look at a Gaimu toy!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I loving love Gigabeetle.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rei_ posted:

I loving love Gigabeetle.
Gigabeetle? I'm a couple weeks behind on Rider/Sentai, but I'm intrigued.

Also, we have a new Rider for Gaimu. Apparently there's going to be four of them? I'm... Er. Interested? To see the designs of the other two.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Gigabeetle? I'm a couple weeks behind on Rider/Sentai, but I'm intrigued.

A Sweedish man that takes many great pictures of figuarts.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Second one looks kinda feminine.

And it really is samurai plus fruit? Where the hell'd they get that from?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ohh, I gotcha. I didn't realize it was in reference to the amazing picture above until just now. These are fantastic!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Justin_Brett posted:

Second one looks kinda feminine.

And it really is samurai plus fruit? Where the hell'd they get that from?

Fred is on posted:

As usual, the next Rider's toy gimmick will be determined by whatever object happened to be lying around the main writer's desk at the time.

I'm only like 12 percent sure he's kidding.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The Rider Fruit rumours also alluded to a second Rider named Kamen Rider Banana.

So brace yourselves, kids.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

They could swing this around if the plot revolves around a set of bad guys whose mission is to corrupt the diets of children and Gaimu has to teach them the values of a balanced diet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I've compltely given up on watching Decade, but if the new Kamen Rider is fruit samurai themed, I'll start watching Kamen.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Secondary rider is going to be a fruit ninja.
Calling it right now.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
A few days ago, this rumor came up about the Riders:

quote:

Gaimu (鎧武) - Orange Arms, Pine Arms, Strawberry Arms and Watermelon Arms
Barong (バロン)- Banana Arms and Mango Arms
Ryugen (龍玄) - Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms
Zangetsu (斬月) - Muskmelon Arms
That second Rider's sword does look like a banana...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This really all sounds like it's flat out of ideas.

W made sense. Two-sided rider powered by memories who literally transforms using USB memory sticks. It's a bit on-the-nose with the USB stick but understandable.
OOOs was a bit odder. Three-tone ride who has medals that are animal themed. Not exactly the most coherent but okay, there's some thematic consistancy there.
Fourze was a space rider who used space shuttle blastoff switches to use gadgets. Overblown but whatever it makes sense.
Wizard is a magician who uses magic rings. Fine, nothing weird there. He does have that bizarre-rear end handshake theme though but at least wizard + magic rings makes sense.

Gaimu is a Samurai with fruit-themed powers who transforms with a lock? What the gently caress. Maybe they'll somehow make that coherent with setting details but I have no idea how.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 24, 2013

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
The driver just needs to make cool sounds. I've only seen bits and pieces of Decade but I still like 'D-d-d-d-decade'. The first time I saw Wizard transform I honestly had to rewind the episode to see if the driver actually said something that dumb, now I find myself humming along with 'Shabadobie touch to henshin'. I have no clue how the hell they could make 'B-b-b-banana' sound catchy, but I have a feeling they will and I'll hate/love them for it. With the Sengoku driver looking like it has a knife built into it to cut the fruit, they really need to just make one of the drivers a Slap Chop with stuff glued to it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Darksaber posted:

The driver just needs to make cool sounds. I've only seen bits and pieces of Decade but I still like 'D-d-d-d-decade'. The first time I saw Wizard transform I honestly had to rewind the episode to see if the driver actually said something that dumb, now I find myself humming along with 'Shabadobie touch to henshin'. I have no clue how the hell they could make 'B-b-b-banana' sound catchy, but I have a feeling they will and I'll hate/love them for it. With the Sengoku driver looking like it has a knife built into it to cut the fruit, they really need to just make one of the drivers a Slap Chop with stuff glued to it.

Have you ever played Donkey Kong 64?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Liar Lyre posted:

Have you ever played Donkey Kong 64?

Nah, I think the last Donkey Kong I played was one of the SNES ones. If you're talking about the 'Oh Banana' sound that I just found on youtube though, that would make for a year of hell.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Honestly with less spare time than last year and two years of disappointment in rider I'm out after Wizard ends. Still going to watch sentai, which has been of a much higher quality recently, though. Will probably catch up on Garo too.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
gently caress it, I'm down as long as they go full crazy. I want it as campy as possible. I want it to be so crazy that Gentaro would tell them to chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tarodia posted:

I want it to be so crazy that Gentaro would tell them to chill.
I'm not sure that's actually possible.

• Locked thread