Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
It just occured to me that once upon a time, Urobuchi said one of his inspirations for Madoka was Kamen Rider Ryuki. It sounds like the tone will be night and day between the two shows, but suddenly I'm less surprised to see him do a non-traditional, vaguely knight-themed ensemble Kamen Rider show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Does this mean we'll see some riders killed off then like Ryuki? And then we can make canned fruit joke? :rimshot:

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
The LOCK ON reminds me of Kabuto. The belt in general sort of does, if they all have the same belt and just put different fruit locks in it, although there were a lot of non-belt transformation devices in kabuto.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

TOYS Y'ALL

http://herotaku.com/blog/1/1857-gaim-toy-catalogue-lock-seeds-bikes-drivers-arms-and-fruit/

Apparently they are actually working on themed-armor sets for Gaim based on the Legend Rider Lock Seeds.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

TOYS Y'ALL

http://herotaku.com/blog/1/1857-gaim-toy-catalogue-lock-seeds-bikes-drivers-arms-and-fruit/

Apparently they are actually working on themed-armor sets for Gaim based on the Legend Rider Lock Seeds.

This poo poo is literally bananas.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Have some Kyoryuger behind the scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS4y0Wl_gqc

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
They aren't playing around with this fruit theme.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I may have missed it or this might be common knowledge, but apparently Gaim is directed by the guy who did Akibaranger in addition to having Urobochi writing for it. Add that to the images and the plot that's been revealed? gently caress it. I'm all in just like everyone else is. I do still hope that maybe next year we can have a return to some more simple suits and maybe a full time or secondary female rider, but I'm totally down for a year of off the wall street dance battling pokemon collecting fruit cutting riders.

Since you guys know the older series a lot more than I do, is there a reason that there haven't been a lot of female riders? I honestly like Nadeshiko and Mage (with the exception of some of the weird fanservice sound effects and zoom ins for Nadeshiko) and I think they could at the very least carry a secondary rider spot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kamen Rider is notoriously sexist. They are made for boys and that's that.

The Showa Era Riders have the first (and only) full time Secondary Rider that's a girl, Tackle. She died towards the end of the series, but had the show not been cut short would have been brought back more powerful than before, possibly with an updated helmet to give her a mouth piece.

Beyond that female Riders are either one offs or die very quickly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Darksaber posted:

I may have missed it or this might be common knowledge, but apparently Gaim is directed by the guy who did Akibaranger in addition to having Urobochi writing for it. Add that to the images and the plot that's been revealed? gently caress it. I'm all in just like everyone else is. I do still hope that maybe next year we can have a return to some more simple suits and maybe a full time or secondary female rider, but I'm totally down for a year of off the wall street dance battling pokemon collecting fruit cutting riders.

Since you guys know the older series a lot more than I do, is there a reason that there haven't been a lot of female riders? I honestly like Nadeshiko and Mage (with the exception of some of the weird fanservice sound effects and zoom ins for Nadeshiko) and I think they could at the very least carry a secondary rider spot.
The only other two female riders I can think of are Kiva-La (from movies) and Tackle (If you want to count her). I don't think there's any specific reason other than this being a show for boys.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Darksaber posted:

I may have missed it or this might be common knowledge, but apparently Gaim is directed by the guy who did Akibaranger in addition to having Urobochi writing for it. Add that to the images and the plot that's been revealed? gently caress it. I'm all in just like everyone else is.

It's worth noting that the guy who directed Akibaranger has also been directing Kamen Rider for almost an entire decade, so it's unlikely that his presence would make things particularly different.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Well then, consider me educated on both counts. Thanks guys.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

The only other two female riders I can think of are Kiva-La (from movies) and Tackle (If you want to count her). I don't think there's any specific reason other than this being a show for boys.

L'arc from the Blade movie, the first and second Delta from Faiz (as short as that lasted) as well.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
I think that Mage is a good step towards a possible female secondary, though. Mage is the first in-series female rider, because of bullshit word of god from Ishinomori bullshit from Kenichi Muraeda, who wrote about Tackle not being a "real" rider in his manga. If they can manage to get through the whole series without killing her off, I'll be happy.

ETA: Made a terrible mistake, sorry Ishinomori.

TheGreenAvenger fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 27, 2013

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Also forgot Femme from Ryuki, somehow.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
I can't wait to see what SIC does with the Gaim designs.

Especially the Banana one.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Potsticker posted:

Also forgot Femme from Ryuki, somehow.

And the two female IXA weilders.

And Shuki.

And Akira/Amaki.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

And the two female IXA weilders.

And Shuki.

And Akira/Amaki.

I'll admit not knowing about the two for IXA, but I am ashamed for forgetting the Hibiki Riders.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Potsticker posted:

I'll admit not knowing about the two for IXA, but I am ashamed for forgetting the Hibiki Riders.

The IXA wielders are important because they were the first females to actually get to be Riders (Akira didn't count because she got cold feet until Decade) and not die by the end of the show.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGreenAvenger posted:

I think that Mage is a good step towards a possible female secondary, though. Mage is the first in-series female rider, because of bullshit word of god from Ishinomori bullshit from Kenichi Muraeda, who wrote about Tackle not being a "real" rider in his manga. If they can manage to get through the whole series without killing her off, I'll be happy.

ETA: Made a terrible mistake, sorry Ishinomori.

Yeah, Ishinomori never considered Tackle as anything other than a Rider.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

The IXA wielders are important because they were the first females to actually get to be Riders (Akira didn't count because she got cold feet until Decade) and not die by the end of the show.

Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool. I assume they also get more than the 2 seconds that the 2nd Delta girl gets? (Faiz spoilers) I can't remember if she dies by the end of the show because so many of the Ryusei school students end up biting it.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool. I assume they also get more than the 2 seconds that the 2nd Delta girl gets? (Faiz spoilers) I can't remember if she dies by the end of the show because so many of the Ryusei school students end up biting it.

The one who only lasts a couple seconds survives I think. She barely counts but technically I guess you could call her a female rider.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Burkion posted:

Yeah, Ishinomori never considered Tackle as anything other than a Rider.

That makes me really happy to be honest. Toei retconning it after the fact makes me so mad.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Scratchman Apoo posted:

The one who only lasts a couple seconds survives I think. She barely counts but technically I guess you could call her a female rider.

Look, you gotta grasp straws where you can in Rider.

Even Mayu/Mage hasn't been given a name in-show yet (though I don't think anyone refers to Haruto as Wizard. Always mahoutsukai) and she doesn't get a unique costume.

But at least she used that costume before the movie came out. And it looks like this week she'll be transforming again so it looks like it's not even just a one-time thing.

And this being in a series where there's been two female phantoms in 44 episodes, Medusa and Siren, the latter of who just showed up and has had the 2nd worst fight scene so far in the series. (Next to Hobgoblin)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Potsticker posted:

He's actually kind of over-selling it. The two women who use Ixa only do it to land the finishing blow on a monster the guys had already beaten with that same suit. It was probably the stupidest thing in Kiva, since it was clear that was the biggest concession either Inoue or Toei was willing to make.

At least Mayu is probably going to get to kill Medusa by herself.

And wasn't the Spirits thing because the writer wanted to explain why Tackle isn't considered a Rider? That's what I heard anyway, and I guess he could have been mistaken himself if other people are.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 27, 2013

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Is IXA the most-worn belt? I was looking up videos and it seems like quite a few people wore that belt. I know the ZaBee zector got passed around and had three, (Yaguruma, Kageyama, and Kagami), the Faiz gear had four (Takumi, Kusaka, Kiba, Kaido, five if you're cheeky and count the two times Mari wore it and failed to henshin), the Delta gear had at least five I can think of-- but I checked it out and got (The two girls Rina and Saya, Mihara, Kitazaki, Kusaka, Takumi, Sawada and 3 other Ryusei boys Arai, Kawachi and Tokumoto) which is a total of 10 and completely ridiculous because at least two of those are only implied and most of the others only happen once and for very short periods of time.

Now I feel like a total :spergin: looking that up.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Minor nitpick but the Zabee had four users I think. The three you've mentioned and Mishima. Still nowhere near Delta levels though.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Yeah, the Faiz Belts in general get passed around like fruitcake. It's kind of awful.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's Happening! Forget about Gaim(u) stalker nerd girl is joining the team.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Huzzah!

I hope Doctor Ulshade stays on as a technician and advisor. He's too awesome to go away.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Birth driver had four users. Five if you count the net movies for the OOO movie.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's awesome! Another girl and that's a great costume.

In other news, I'm at a con and I just scored Beet and Stagbuster Ranger Keys. They're candy toys, but my day is made.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah! A proper seventh ranger!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DiscoJ posted:

Minor nitpick but the Zabee had four users I think. The three you've mentioned and Mishima. Still nowhere near Delta levels though.

Nitpicking is good, I had forgotten Mishima wore ZaBee.

Yayoi being Kyoryu Violet is great. It was speculated on before, because otherwise it would be really odd for Amy to be the only girl on such.a huge team. Even for sentai.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So Violet is joining the team-proper? I haven't seen this week's ep yet, going just based off posts here. But I'm all for that.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I gotta ask: the cliff set that got shown off most recently in Violet's introduction episode, what is that place's real name. Because it's beautiful and I would love to see more pictures of it, particularly ones without guys in spandex.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I gotta ask: the cliff set that got shown off most recently in Violet's introduction episode, what is that place's real name. Because it's beautiful and I would love to see more pictures of it, particularly ones without guys in spandex.

There should be a location tour across Japan with stops at just about every famous outdoor location with the final stop at the studios themselves.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xelkelvos posted:

There should be a location tour across Japan with stops at just about every famous outdoor location with the final stop at the studios themselves.

I would go if we got at least an hour at the drainage ditch.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I would go if we got at least an hour at the drainage ditch.
I have no idea why but that's my favorite Toku location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I have no idea why but that's my favorite Toku location.

Mine is Waterfront w/ Rusted Crane.

• Locked thread