Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

If that was shaded better it would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

I wonder if it's supposed to read "Taco Belle".

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Assoonasitits posted:

I wonder if it's supposed to read "Taco Belle".

That owns. Look at that smug wolf.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

The A looks like three medicinal leeches sucking on his titty

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

That's the Atlanta Braves A on his manteat. I wonder if he realizes that with all of the other Alabama stuff he has tattooed....

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fatkraken posted:

The A looks like three medicinal leeches sucking on his titty

Or three steamy turds.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

Saddest Bear Bryant I've ever seen. The championship ring isn't WHOLLY terrible, though, which is weird.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
A young woman I work with has her own name tattooed on her wrist (in a nearly unreadable cursive script, surrounded by stars obviously) and another woman has a tattoo on the back of her neck in Arabic (or pseudo-Arabic, I have no idea) which apparently is her name. Is getting your own name as a tattoo a Thing now?

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

A young woman I work with has her own name tattooed on her wrist (in a nearly unreadable cursive script, surrounded by stars obviously) and another woman has a tattoo on the back of her neck in Arabic (or pseudo-Arabic, I have no idea) which apparently is her name. Is getting your own name as a tattoo a Thing now?

Well what if you forget it?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
An old manager of mine had his name in big block letters on his arm. That's the exact thing he said when I asked him about it. Of course he was from Oklahoma and they're strange folks..

zbeezy
Jan 3, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

That owns. Look at that smug wolf.

the alligator looks like he has no soul with those empty eyes

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I met a guy once who had his last name tattooed on his chest, and he told me a story about how once he got arrested because the cops thought he was someone else, and they let him go because he was like, "I swear I'm who I say I am, look at my chest! Would I have this if I were that other guy?"

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011
My sister has her own name tattooed on the small of her back. She is not very self-aware.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

chapstickie posted:

My sister has her own name tattooed on the small of her back. She is not very self-aware.

I'd sooner get my social security number on my rear end.

If I was a soldier or some other type who might meet a gruesome horrible death I might get my initials on all my limbs because you never know...

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

Looks more like a B cup to me.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

You guys all missed the obvious answer. These names are tattooed on the backsides of women (and the fronts of men) to prevent the always awkward calling out of the wrong name during intercourse. :eng101:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

FAT ROLLS TIDE

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Guys obviously getting your own name tattooed on you is awesome.

Johnny Cage does it, it's awesome. :colbert:

The Blue L-Block
Oct 1, 2005
Tetris <3

Humerus posted:

But if he has to read it it will be upside-down and backwards! :ohdear:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tourette Meltdown posted:

Saddest Bear Bryant I've ever seen. The championship ring isn't WHOLLY terrible, though, which is weird.

The Heisman doesn't appear to be all that bad either, really, kind of hard to tell, but the arrangement of it all and subject matter...

And I thought turds on the A also.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Humerus posted:

This just reminded me of the AWESOME tattoo idea I had when I was a stupid teenager:

Thank God I didn't get it- I reread 100 Bullets last year and realized how terrible it is. I could have been stuck with that.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I knew a girl with her own name tattooed on the side of her hand but I can't find a photo.
This dude is the smuggest, creepiest dude-bro I know of and he has his own name in HUGE LETTERS on his arm. Obv his name is Kenny, no point obscuring it since he seems to want everyone to know.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Shannonmcn posted:

I knew a girl with her own name tattooed on the side of her hand but I can't find a photo.
This dude is the smuggest, creepiest dude-bro I know of and he has his own name in HUGE LETTERS on his arm. Obv his name is Kenny, no point obscuring it since he seems to want everyone to know.

Getting your name tattooed on yourself has to be the least creative idea possible for a tattoo. To me it just looks like you really wanted a tattoo but couldn't think of anything else that you like or even something that would just look kinda cool instead.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It depends on context. If your name was something that is an important family line in a family tree, like being part of a clan or something, getting it tattooed on you isn't so farfetched. But you should probably still live in the country that heritage is from, intend to move back to that country, or at least be invested in it beyond "oh yeah my mom's from scotland"

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Yeah, like your surname might have some significance to you. But your first name?

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
I was browsing entries for a Norwegian tattoo contest, and...

:nws: due to boobs

And my definite favourite:

You can find them all here. You can filter by county and municipality too, so if you're Norwegian, you can check what tools live in your town!

Fantastisk has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Sep 14, 2013

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Two minute google search found me a slightly less terrible representation of what I assume this person was going for.

But the "sad walleyed cartoon John Travolta circa Saturday Night Fever but with devil horns" look is fine too if that's what you want.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Tumblr airplane tattoos. There is one decent pic of an all black outline of a jet on someone's arm over a map and people just copied it to hell:

Them wings?!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Beastie posted:

Tumblr airplane tattoos. There is one decent pic of an all black outline of a jet on someone's arm over a map and people just copied it to hell:

Them wings?!

I feel bad for the person who got a tattoo like this with the plane pointed right toward Washington D.C>

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Two minute google search found me a slightly less terrible representation of what I assume this person was going for.

And this is the original:

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

As someone who lived the first 23 years of her life in Missouri, I never knew it was shaped like southern Florida.

death .cab for qt posted:

It depends on context. If your name was something that is an important family line in a family tree, like being part of a clan or something, getting it tattooed on you isn't so farfetched. But you should probably still live in the country that heritage is from, intend to move back to that country, or at least be invested in it beyond "oh yeah my mom's from scotland"

Common Missouri tradition calls for its inhabitants to pay $40 for a kitchen wizard to tattoo symbols of their ancestral origins somewhere on themselves, no matter how far removed generationally from that heritage. Also, it must always be a combination of England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and/or Germany. Anyone (like me) who cannot trace their lineage entirely back to those few countries is subject to a childhood of ridicule from the racially pure yokels.

Like this.

(the Celtic knot that misses the point entirely, not the WoW poo poo that deserves this thread for many other reasons not least of which is his impressive neckpubes)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

comets!
Nov 25, 2004

BRICK DAVIS
Some wonderful pieces from Tumblr.

SO APPROPRIATE RIP

Is this a thing I just don't know about?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I will always love that "Hold Me Closer Giant Lizard" tattoo.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

Beastie posted:

What is wrong with your staaaates...

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Thinking about it this one is actually great.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Konec Hry posted:

Thinking about it this one is actually great.

Bugpunk as hell

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
An eight-legged cockroach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DorkusMalorkus posted:

But the "sad walleyed cartoon John Travolta circa Saturday Night Fever but with devil horns" look is fine too if that's what you want.

I thought it was Angus from AC/DC :cripes:

• Locked thread