Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I'm guessing some kinda Aztec thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Huntersoninski posted:

Stairway to goatse.

Love that song.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Seen on Reddit/Imgur with no explanation other than "son gives his dad a tattoo." I can't find any other information about it. If it's real, seems like a pretty bad idea.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It doesn't really look any worse than the rest of what we can see.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Seen on Reddit/Imgur with no explanation other than "son gives his dad a tattoo." I can't find any other information about it. If it's real, seems like a pretty bad idea.

It's a much better idea than having one of the "real tattoo artists" we've seen in this thread do a terrible job of tattooing the boy's name. At least this way it has sentimental value.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
This seems like the kind of thing the Make A Wish Foundation would arrange, but GIS by image isn't turning up anything useful.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I think I've seen that before, and the story is something like the dad is a tattoo artist and let his son tattoo his name on his leg using a professional tattoo machine and in a tattoo shop (maybe at his house, but everything in the picture is nonporous, so reminds me of a tattoo shop). So really, it's just cute as hell that he'd let his son do that.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Sadistic Ink is a good name for a shop because whoever lets "shrooms" tattoo them has got to be a sadist.

Edit: I just did some googling and I hit the motherload. Here is shrooms portfolio

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.435829333163538.1073741827.435828489830289&type=1

deedee megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 14:35 on Sep 18, 2013

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Geolicious posted:

I can't help but love that Bobby Hill tattoo. I wish it were done a little better, but it still kinda owns.

It's quite well done, though.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

It's quite well done, though.

I thought the line thickness was inconsistent throughout and the frill on the bottom looked bigger than the rest of the border, which is pretty fundamental stuff.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Sadistic Ink is a good name for a shop because whoever lets "shrooms" tattoo them has got to be a sadist.

Edit: I just did some googling and I hit the motherload. Here is shrooms portfolio

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.435829333163538.1073741827.435828489830289&type=1

I like how he zooms in on each piece to show the detail :psyduck:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

How did he gently caress up the climbing panther? It looks like it is the same exact design of a temporary tattoo that I wore for a day in middle school. Except that his version is incredibly muddy.

fullroundaction posted:

I like how he zooms in on each piece to show the detail :psyduck:

Yeah. It's like he made his lovely portfolio just for us! :iamafag:

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

HatfulOfHollow posted:

i'm pretty sure the person getting the tattoo would be a masochist - unless they really get off on the pain shrooms experiences by sucking so bad

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I have no idea if it's supposed to look this way, or if it's just infected, but jesus christ.

Oh, I got that it was a zombie. But the colors are just...yikes.
vv

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Sep 19, 2013

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
It's Hello Kitty as a zombie. She's even saying 'I love brains'. Looks bloody awful. It could be infected and we wouldn't be able to tell.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

CrackSpider posted:

It's Hello Kitty as a zombie. She's even saying 'I love brains'. Looks bloody awful. It could be infected and we wouldn't be able to tell.

Though, it would be awesome if this is how infected tattoos looked.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I thought that she was supposed to be Spongebob Squarepants at first.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Wrong thread.

Bored has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Sep 19, 2013

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This is the most world-weary heraldic eagle "German Bird":

I didn't realize you could get burnt out on being a lovely tattoo, but man, he's fuckin' done.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Antivehicular posted:

This is the most world-weary heraldic eagle "German Bird":

I didn't realize you could get burnt out on being a lovely tattoo, but man, he's fuckin' done.

How anyone could possibly look that depressed when their crown is on such a jaunty angle is beyond me.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Theres an album there named famous clients... Who the gently caress are those people?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

GrandMaster posted:

Theres an album there named famous clients... Who the gently caress are those people?

One of them is this Insane Clown Posse inspired rapper with 100 likes on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psycho-So-Matic/134027613446369

Edit: The girl with the glassess and the nautical star on her chest appears to be some kind of local alt model. And Juggalo.

Edit: So is the girl in the pot hat.

Tears In A Vial has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Sep 19, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I actually really like this one, but it doesn't look like it's finished. At least their tattoo is only bad-by-virtue-of-looking-unfinished and not just bad-bad? :shrug:

If that's how it was supposed to be then eh, but another session with that piece with some color and detail work would be pretty loving awesome

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

death .cab for qt posted:

I actually really like this one, but it doesn't look like it's finished. At least their tattoo is only bad-by-virtue-of-looking-unfinished and not just bad-bad? :shrug:

If that's how it was supposed to be then eh, but another session with that piece with some color and detail work would be pretty loving awesome

http://vesatattoo.kuvat.fi/kuvat/

This is the artist's gallery. Yeah I think it's going to be awesome when finished :D

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
My brother is getting a tattoo and I've been helping him research shops near where he lives. A friend of his recommended the artist who gave us this masterpiece:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hahahahahaha

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mayor Dave posted:

My brother is getting a tattoo and I've been helping him research shops near where he lives. A friend of his recommended the artist who gave us this masterpiece:

That is one hardcore pirate! He must get in a lot of skirmishes based on his bloodied nose!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
This is loving amazing.

They even went to great lengths to give her a younger, sexier face.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

This is going to be great when the guy's leg hair grows back, and she ends up looking like Chewbacca.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
At least with the leg hair nobody will be able to see her lazy eye.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mayor Dave posted:

I can't stop laughing at this. I don't know if it is the pirates drag queen make up, his Rosie the Riveter head scarf, his village people moustache or just his goofy teeth.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

It struck me as a vaguely racist interpretation of a Cossack.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Whatever it's supposed to be, I can't hate it. It's just so goofy looking.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

RazorBunny posted:

Me too.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

RazorBunny posted:

His title for the picture is "Sailor Jerry Design". Have some more from his portfolio:

"Spider Web Elbow"

"Horiyoshi"

"Sailor Jerry Portrait"

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Mayor Dave posted:

My first thought was Groucho Marx as a pirate, disappointed that isn't actually the case.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

"Sailor Jerry Portrait"

I can't unsee an older Hank Hill.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Mayor Dave posted:

"Horiyoshi"

What on earth is going on here ? Why are his eyes so far up his face ? They're where the top of his forehead should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

"Sailor Jerry Portrait"

That tattoo aint right I tell you what

• Locked thread