Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

How would that work for Ramirez?

He'd get 3 minutes and 50 seconds to himself, gently caress the others.

Ramires is my favourite part about Kyoryuger, he's just the best :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
You know, as I was typing that I actually wondered how it'd work for Ramirez. It'd look really weird if they slimmed him down and left his head big before the helmet went on, but maybe they could get around it with creative use of camera angles or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

How would that work for Ramirez?

While I know this is a joke, I figure they could do something like Gokaiger's roll call, where they sound off and then the helmet comes in; Ramirez can do his call, then the helmet flys in and slims him down.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

jivjov posted:

While I know this is a joke, I figure they could do something like Gokaiger's roll call, where they sound off and then the helmet comes in; Ramirez can do his call, then the helmet flys in and slims him down.

Isn't this how they already did it? I swear they did this the first time he transforms.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rei_ posted:

Isn't this how they already did it? I swear they did this the first time he transforms.

Well, yeah during the stock footage he gets slimmed as the helmet is forming, but he's never had any lines or anything as a beardy Canadian head sticking out of the suit.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The next episode preview throws another wrench in the possibility of a ten-man helmetless roll call.

Shogun Warrior
Apr 25, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's not normally how sentai rolls. Go-bus had it becuase it got retooled.

Sort of. The culprit was probably Go-Busters's soft ratings, which Kyoryuger inherited. It seems like as part of Toei trying to boost Sentai and Rider's numbers recently, each show has gotten into the habit of doing something big and attention-grabbing around the time the other show starts. The idea seems to be to try and grab viewers who are tuning in to see the other new show. So Go-Busters's 28-30 arc occurs around the time Wizard is beginning, Wizard kicks Phoenix into the sun around the time Kyoryuger starts, and we get this arc of Kyoryuger around the time Gaim is beginning. The Space Dino arc appears to just be a big story arc built around the introduction of the quarter's flagship toy, which is traditional Sentai storytelling.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Is sentai still running against Pokemon? Fixing that seems like it would be the better ratings boost.

Shogun Warrior
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah. And I wouldn't be surprised if Toei was working on that, but until there's a breakthrough, they're stuck with the time slot they have. Trying to build ratings via brand synergy is not a terrible idea for a short-term fix. Even when Rider's doing poorly, it's usually scoring 1-3 points higher than Sentai on average. If everybody who watched Rider as of Wizard also watched Sentai, that by itself would be enough to pull Sentai out of the Go-Busters slump.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think only the second 'ending' of Gobusters was really because of the retool, the first just happened earlier.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would hope that they're working on it, if only because if they honestly think they can edge out Pokemon friggin' Sundays, then they're even crazier than any of us could have likely predicted.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
OOO ep. 40: "It took you entire loving day to figure out the yummies sustenance?!..."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm seein' double here! Four Tourins!

drat I love the theme when Bragigas transforms into Gigant mode.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Some day, Bandai will finally stop making keys. Today is not that day. Kyoryuger keys were just announced, although at least these are coming with a sound device since the Mobirates obviously doesn't have sounds for them.

http://www.jefusion.com/2013/11/zyuden-sentai-kyoryuger-ranger-keys-announced.html

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

OZC posted:

Some day, Bandai will finally stop making keys. Today is not that day. Kyoryuger keys were just announced, although at least these are coming with a sound device since the Mobirates obviously doesn't have sounds for them.

http://www.jefusion.com/2013/11/zyuden-sentai-kyoryuger-ranger-keys-announced.html
I'm :toxx:ing on either the 40th, 45th, or 50th Sentai series just being Gokaiger again but X years later.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Now will this be before, during or after they turn the Zangyack home world inside out in search of booty?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Level Slide posted:

Now will this be before, during or after they turn the Zangyack home world inside out in search of booty?

...yes?

I would love for them to do another Gokaiger, assuming Toei could get the same level of quality of show.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm half-tempted to toxx that the 20th anniversary Kamen Rider will be KAmen Rider Score and they'll have a Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Decade and Score or something ridiculous.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Monathin posted:

I'm half-tempted to toxx that the 20th anniversary Kamen Rider will be KAmen Rider Score and they'll have a Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Decade and Score or something ridiculous.

Seeing as the 20th anniversary was 22 years ago, this would be ill advised.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AzraelNewtype posted:

Seeing as the 20th anniversary was 22 years ago, this would be ill advised.

20th Heisei, rather. I'm real good at this! :v:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Monathin posted:

20th Heisei, rather. I'm real good at this! :v:

With all the pre-Agito Heisei stuff you'd be pretty close to losing the tox on that already too. Least we start up the whole dumb Heisei argument again...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cliff Racer posted:

With all the pre-Agito Heisei stuff you'd be pretty close to losing the tox on that already too. Least we start up the whole dumb Heisei argument again...

It's not really an argument. It's widely accepted that despite being made in the Heisei period, the Rider movies made between Black RX and Kuuga are technically part of the Showa era of Rider.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm at the second episode of Shougeki Gouraigan!! (subbed by GUIS) and what the hell am I even watching. :staredog: I was expecting something along the lines of a more light-hearted GARO judging from the first episode, but on the second it turned into a comedy.

I've also watched the first two episode of Ando Lloyd (subbed by HaroRangers) but I haven't quite made up my mind about it. I was somewhat annoyed that (major 1st episode spoiler) the main character 'died' in the first episode, and even though his actor came back, I preferred him when he was being goofy instead of glaring at everyone.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not really an argument. It's widely accepted that despite being made in the Heisei period, the Rider movies made between Black RX and Kuuga are technically part of the Showa era of Rider.

As far as Kamen Rider goes that stuff definitely has more in common with the things that came before than what came after. Still doesn't change the fact that it was made in the Heisei period. Oh no there we go again!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Finished OOO few minutes ago. All of the supporting cast were fantastic. Don't know why they felt the need to make Maki the final boss though. That guy was rad...

Should I watch Fourze? Is it worth watching? Does it have an actual ending?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 3, 2013

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Race Realists posted:

Finished OOO few minutes ago. All of the supporting cast were fantastic. Don't know why they felt the need to make Maki the final boss though. That guy was rad...

Should I Fourze? Is it worth watching? Does it have an actual ending?

Yes, yes, and yes. Its primary sin is hewing a bit close to W for a show separated only by a single year (particularly the second rider arc), but it's wonderful nevertheless.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Race Realists posted:

The actual ending is in Ultimatum, but yes. Fourze has a great ending.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

HKR posted:

The movies are pretty great too, especially the one that shows how the cast moves on after the show

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Race Realists posted:

Should I watch Fourze? Is it worth watching?

Yes.
And also yes.

Fourze was pretty great, I loved it. Films are good too, would recommend them as well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Race Realists posted:

Depends on what you're searching for. People searching for ~dark and edgy~ series will hate Fourze, but if you're searching for a fun, energetic, Gurren Lagann-ish (Kazuki Nakashima is the main writer, alongside W's very own Riku Sanjou), then I definitely can't recommend Fourze enough. I loved that series.

Also Movie Wars Ultimatum is great and the first Movie Wars that doesn't have an awful part, the entirety of the movie is great, and if you liked OOO, then you should at least watch that (though I definitely recommend watching Fourze first, since it's both a great series and the movie will make a lot more of sense that way).

Shogun Warrior
Apr 25, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Depends on what you're searching for. People searching for ~dark and edgy~ series will hate Fourze, but if you're searching for a fun, energetic, Gurren Lagann-ish (Kazuki Nakashima is the main writer, alongside W's very own Riku Sanjou), then I definitely can't recommend Fourze enough. I loved that series.

Riku Sanjo was a sub-writer on Fourze, not a head writer. He just ended up doing an unusually high number of episodes, including some pretty plot-critical ones. I'd guess it's for the same reason that Junko Komura ended up writing a lot of Wizard. Both Nakashima and Wizard head writer Tsuyoshi Kida have play writing backgrounds, and they both seemed to have a hard time keeping up with the grinding pace of a weekly year-long series. Nakashima definitely did a bit better at it than Kida, but Nakashima at least had experience with doing a half-year weekly show.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

HKR posted:

Whoah, I usually ignore the movies but if you're saying that one gives Fourze a proper ending I'll need to get on board. As an adult I've come to like Kamen Rider over Sentai however more often than not Kamen Rider has the most unsatisfying endings, in my opinion of course.

Fourze was a show I watched almost exclusively for the characters as opposed to the SFX. I almost skipped it because of the high school setting but I watched a random episode and when I saw Yuki mimic Fourze's "Uchuu Kita!" pose in the background I was instantaneously sold. I had to know more about a show with that kind of energy & sense of humor.

I ended up caring for all the protagonists way more than I thought I would. It's especially satisfying in retrospect because at first they all seemed like they would be annoying or have one-sided personalities.

So yes, watch Fourze.

Kuso Meriken fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 4, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Seeing people do the secret handshake is the most satisfying thing in the world.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
I'm 15 minutes into Ultimatum and I'm loving the hell the out of it. Thank you HKR for your comment that convinced me to watch it.

Also makes me a little wistful since I gave up on Wizard and I'm not so sure about Gaim yet. At least I still have OOOs and W to finish...

edit:
Oh my god, they did it again. I went from hating the Monster League kids to loving them in one scene. Oh, Fourze! I missed you.

edit 2:
I thought the Inazuman references were just an homage, but wow...

Kuso Meriken fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 6, 2013

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This may be better suited for the TVIV, but since it deals with Goseiger, I figured here would be fine too. Anyone watching Megaforce still? I caught up today, and there was a pretty fantastic moment. In episode 11, where they get the Goseiger Super Mode (never saw Seiger), there's a monster that summons previously defeated monster. The problem is, only one of the five he summons is from an episode that wasn't cut. Then, sure enough, the Halloween special comes around and the monster in it turns out to be one of the ones that was supposedly already dead! I guess I shouldn't be expecting too much continuity in a show that's almost over but is still using a villain from the first 15 episodes of the source material. I'm sure that'll be a real climactic final battle.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Megaforce did have that monster saying the rangers had beaten his cousin previously so I mean I guess that's better than nothing. It's still really lovely and them being lazy and not wanting to use another monster suit instead though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kuso Meriken posted:

I'm 15 minutes into Ultimatum and I'm loving the hell the out of it. Thank you HKR for your comment that convinced me to watch it.

Also makes me a little wistful since I gave up on Wizard and I'm not so sure about Gaim yet. At least I still have OOOs and W to finish...
Ultimatum is the best Movie Wars to date, so enjoy it! The previous ones aren't bad either, but they always have that one part that doesn't match how good the rest is (Decade in the first, OOO in the second), and lame crossovers that don't live up to the W portion.

Also I don't blame you on giving up on Wizard, it's a really dull series. Even in Ultimatum, I was crying for Fourze to start while watching the Wizard part. I have hope for Gaim, though! And W and OOO are great series and you should finish them, even if OOO gets a bit dull during the mid-part.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like the Fourze part of the movie but I really can't enjoy the rest of it when it involves boring-rear end Haruto beating up the Akumaizers.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
I'm in the Wizard part now and all the same feelings are coming back. I like Haruto and the fight choreography is actually pretty sweet but everything else around it is just not captivating. (And who is Poitrine...oh...what?)

My unrealistic dream is that Gentaro shows up and befriends all the Wizard characters and somehow they all instantly become incredibly likable and interesting.

And yes I'm watching this very slowly. Between having an 8 month old and work it's hard to indulge in my foreign children's programming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Megaforce did have that monster saying the rangers had beaten his cousin previously so I mean I guess that's better than nothing. It's still really lovely and them being lazy and not wanting to use another monster suit instead though.
Aah, you're right. I wasn't actively watching it so much as had it on in the background (nothing says Halloween special like clip show) but I remember hearing him say something about a cousin. Though that doesn't help that they never beat the "cousin" in the first place.

Also, it was pretty funny to find out that the friendly robot they saved in the last episode actually exploded at the end of the Goseiger episode. Which was 41 of 50, as I believe will be followed up by 15. Goddamn that's some selective editing.

• Locked thread