Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Monathin posted:

The mech toy looks like cheap plastic and rear end, and I have basically 2 hopes for it:

1) The non-symmetrical all-vertical style to it means the trains combine on the tracks instead of in the air or something.
2) The mech fight choreography is far and away better than we've seen from Sentai recently.

3) Train nunchucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Even if the design is weird people should, in my opinion, be happy because it is a continuation away from the "default" "body and limbs are different mechs" design that we seemed to almost universally get with five member teams from about the mid90s to late 2000s.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Cliff Racer posted:

Even if the design is weird people should, in my opinion, be happy because it is a continuation away from the "default" "body and limbs are different mechs" design that we seemed to almost universally get with five member teams from about the mid90s to late 2000s.

Not really, the leg guys just come with suspenders this time.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Two thirds of the body not being red's mech sort of is a big deal. I can't recall when last his bot was this insubstantial in the basic robot's form.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cliff Racer posted:

Two thirds of the body not being red's mech sort of is a big deal. I can't recall when last his bot was this insubstantial in the basic robot's form.

Kakuranger is still the most dramatic example. Going from the core to right arm is pretty dramatic.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Go-onger?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Just watched the last Megaforce episode. It was actually pretty good! Surprising ending too, Vrak still hasn't gone to the final Bladerun form and the Gokaiger army starts attacking. I wonder if they'll use the Goseiger final battle footage in Super Megaforce? And if the armada is already attacking, how will they save the Legend War for the end of Super Megaforce? So many questions.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Well remember there that the base form, whether you consider that to be RBY or RBY with green and black as the arms, still had red as the chest and head piece. Not exactly insubstantial.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Boukenger? Red mecha was the legs.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The top of the chest, sure, but it's not like it's just adding mechs to lengthen it's legs and arms like most other 5-part combinations.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

If they had broken up Blue and Green a bit colour wise in the upper half, he'd actually look really cool. It's just the gigantic solid block chunks lined up in the shape of a robot that's kind of jarring.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You can do uniform design without making them loving massive overly simplified blocks of color. Hell, for an example of this look at Gokaiger.

Gokaiger was also mostly consistent about who turned into what, and they changed costumes at the same time. Big difference between that adn everyone wearing the same design in different colors that change all the time.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Dr Tran posted:

Boukenger? Red mecha was the legs.

Legs, the inner torso, and the head

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Cliff Racer posted:

GoBusters. Almost all of CB-01 is covered by the others.

EDIT: Unless you meant how little it contributes. In which case I point out Hurricanger's red is just the head. :v:

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 8, 2013

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

SpazmasterX posted:

GoBusters. Almost all of CB-01 is covered by the others.

EDIT: Unless you meant how little it contributes. In which case I point out Hurricanger's red is just the head. :v:

And Yellow takes up probably the largest portion of any mech ever. He's like 85% of the drat thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'd say the Sentai members who contribute the least to their mechs would have to be Ginga Green, Gao Yellow, Abare Yellow, and Dai Pink

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Who? :mad:

PteraRanger is up there too.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

AzraelNewtype posted:

Who? :mad:

PteraRanger is up there too.

You know who I mean and the only time PteraRanger is useless is when they use DragonCeaser's robot mode

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

I'd say the Sentai members who contribute the least to their mechs would have to be Ginga Green, Gao Yellow, Abare Yellow, and Dai Pink
But that's where the head comes from!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

drrockso20 posted:

You know who I mean and the only time PteraRanger is useless is when they use DragonCeaser's robot mode

It's not even attached to Dragon Caesar in that form, and it's just a breastplate on Daizyujin. How is that breastplate any different than FčnghuángRanger's belt?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well, it just completely completes the look and is the major center piece of the entire Megazord.

And not a goddamn belt where most of it is on the back.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's not even attached to Dragon Caesar in that form, and it's just a breastplate on Daizyujin. How is that breastplate any different than FčnghuángRanger's belt?

Dairenou's sword is very heavy! I'd like to see you hold it!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Burkion posted:

Well, it just completely completes the look and is the major center piece of the entire Megazord.

And not a goddamn belt where most of it is on the back.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Dairenou's sword is very heavy! I'd like to see you hold it!

See, this second post seems like a better response to the first than to mine, to be honest. Sounds like what you're saying is that Guardian Beast Pteranodon is purely ornamental (though so central that it certainly doesn't look right without it), but despite not looking like much Mythical Qi Beast Fčnghuáng zhī xīng serves a vital structural purpose!

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Kyoryuger keeps outdoing its roll calls with each episode. If they keep up this pace we'll have objectively the best roll call in all of sentai ever by the end of the series.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

toomanyninjas posted:

Kyoryuger keeps outdoing its roll calls with each episode. If they keep up this pace we'll have objectively the best roll call in all of sentai ever by the end of the series.

They have to end it with a 10 way helmetless one.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EybwPYJpVC8

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 9, 2013

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

drrockso20 posted:

Hououranger

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Den-O 1 & 2 are out

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Bear in mind, those are just scrubs of the tvn subs, which are terrible in ways beyond the obvious.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Bear in mind, those are just scrubs of the tvn subs, which are terrible in ways beyond the obvious.

Ah, so this isn't the Onore TV-N project, then? I assumed it was, what with the "banana new subs" tag.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Fred is on posted:

Ah, so this isn't the Onore TV-N project, then? I assumed it was, what with the "banana new subs" tag.

They're at this site and haven't released anything while they build up a backlog to release two a week safely.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think every one of the Main 6 Kyoryugers has a Deboss Legion member to pair up in an antagonistic relationship (with the exception of one) with the exception of Souji.

Edit: Finished watching the latest episode. It's a shame that Yuuko (Nossan's sister) didn't become a Kyoryuger, but then again she was already in a sentai previously as DekaYellow which gets a nod in this episode.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 10, 2013

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
That was drat good sentai. I think I heard a nod to the Godzilla march during the kaiju sequence.

Seems like Ramires wants to pass his powers to Yuuko.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think that managed to be my favorite episode of Kyoryuger. I was laughing through the majority of it and it was just a really fun episode.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man I could totally get behind a banchou team of Super Sentai. Though I'm just a sucker for banchou stories in general. A fun episode overall though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Man what a great episode. Some great character development and plot set up and some of the best Costume gags I've seen in Sentai.

Souji trying to quickly loosen his jacket made me lose it.

And hopefully this all ends with a happy ending for Nossan and Heart Girl, but given all that poo poo with Endorf, Black Eye Sad KNight, and Chaos I wouldn't be surprised if it used this as a bit of a stepping stone for a darker twist for the climax.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That preview for the movie had a very interesting thing if its what I think it is.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Nossan's cover story for Ramires "Oh yes, he's my foreign friend that loves anime and cosplays". I'm not sure whether to be offended or not.

EDIT: Shotgun-Utchy is quite possibly the best thing ever. This is truly a magical experience.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 10, 2013

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I think every one of the Main 6 Kyoryugers has a Deboss Legion member to pair up in an antagonistic relationship (with the exception of one) with the exception of Souji.

Edit: Finished watching the latest episode. It's a shame that Yuuko (Nossan's sister) didn't become a Kyoryuger, but then again she was already in a sentai previously as DekaYellow which gets a nod in this episode.

Shame on you if you think there are going to be more then ten. Juunin sorotte juuden sentai

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

jivjov posted:

Nossan's cover story for Ramires "Oh yes, he's my foreign friend that loves anime and cosplays". I'm not sure whether to be offended or not.

EDIT: Shotgun-Utchy is quite possibly the best thing ever. This is truly a magical experience.

Why would you be offended you baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I was so sure this would be a step down from last week but holy poo poo that was perfect in every way and next episode looks insane.

This is such a great Sentai.

• Locked thread