Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

some people on reddit are :tinfoil:-ing that the cause of the mtgox delays are coinbase using the mtgox-btce spread to make money. quote at btce prices, sell on mtgox, have JP intermediary cash out, and mtgox's systems are unable to handle the extra btc transfer load. i'm not sure i buy it because wouldn't mtgox's volume spike then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

never attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompetence

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

note that i don't believe that someone isn't stupid enough to make that their business model.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

oh yeah i forgot that one guy went there and saw the money in their bank account its cool dont worry

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Epic Hamcat posted:

oh, you were home schooled?
i'm not a bitcoiner
owned :smuggo:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Herman Merman posted:

Homeschooling only serves one purpose, it allows creepy parents control the information and influences their children are subjected to.
It relies on the assumptions that social interaction with peers is unnecessary and that the parents know better than professional teachers and the people who design the common curriculum.

quote:

The book advises parents to use objects like a quarter-inch plumbing tube to spank children and "break their will". It also mentions withholding food and putting children under a cold garden hose.[1][9]

The content of Pearl's book has been cited as advocating child abuse and its teachings were linked to the deaths of Sean Paddock,[10] Lydia Schatz,[11] and Hana Grace-Rose Williams.[12] In all three cases the parents were homeschooling their children and are believed to have read Pearl's book.[13] Michael Ramsey, a Butte County, California District Attorney who prosecuted the Schatz case, investigated the Pearls' teachings and called To Train Up A Child, "an extraordinarily dangerous book for those who take it literally." "It's truly an evil book," he said.[14] Dr. Frances Chalmers, the pediatrician who examined Hana's death, said “My fear is that this book, while perhaps well intended, could easily be misinterpreted and could lead to what I consider significant abuse.” [5]

The parents of Hana Grace-Rose Williams, Larry and Carri Williams, were found guilty of first degree murder and sentenced to 28 and 37 years in jail, respectively. [15]

quote:

Some of the discipline techniques the Pearls teach include:

• Using plastic plumbing tubing to beat children
  • Wearing the plastic tubing around the parent's neck as a constant reminder to obey
  • "Swatting" babies as young as six months old with instruments such as "a 12-inch willowy branch," thinner plastic tubing or a wooden spoon
  • "Blanket training" babies by hitting them with an instrument if they try to crawl off a blanket on the floor
  • Beating older children with rulers, paddles, belts and larger tree branches
  • "Training" children with pain before they even disobey, in order to teach total obedience
  • Giving cold water baths, putting children outside in cold weather and withholding meals as discipline
  • Hosing off children who have potty training accidents
  • Inflicting punishment until a child is "without breath to complain"
Michael Pearl tells one mother on his website, "I could break his anger in two days. He would be too scared to get angry. On the third day he would draw into a quiet shell and obey."

Despite Pearl's claim that plumbing line is too light to cause damage to muscle or bone, it caused the death of seven year-old Lydia Schatz in 2010. Officials ruled that she died of severe tissue damage.

The Pearls and their ministry, No Greater Joy, make an estimated $1.7 million a year.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i just wanted to read about funy bitcoin...

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
if you don't wake your child randomly with vicious leg drops how are they supposed to prepare for life

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

its happening?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU6g0y7livM

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
kill your children, it's the least you could do for bringing them into an ugly world. let the last ugly thing they see be your face

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Dex posted:

if you don't wake your child randomly with vicious leg drops how are they supposed to prepare for life

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Cantorsdust posted:

MICHAEL ALLEN MARQUARDT

MICHAEL ALLEN MARQUARDT

MICHAEL ALLEN MARQUARDT
:::michael-allen::: a flesh and blood man of the :::marquardt-family::: on behalf of MICHAEL ALLEN MARQUARDT (juristic person)

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

jony ive aces posted:

:::michael-allen::: a flesh and blood man of the :::marquardt-family::: on behalf of MICHAEL ALLEN MARQUARDT (juristic person)

Don't sign your posts

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Dex posted:

after waking them up with the Rock Bottom they'll be too scared to go to sleep

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

duTrieux. posted:

for those who take it literally
this book, while perhaps well intended, could easily be misinterpreted
idgi so is the book satire or what

Damiya posted:

Don't sign your posts
:supaburn:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

jony ive aces posted:

idgi so is the book satire or what
:supaburn:

your not american are you

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Herman Merman posted:

Homeschooling only serves one purpose, it allows creepy parents control the information and influences their children are subjected to.
It relies on the assumptions that social interaction with peers is unnecessary and that the parents know better than professional teachers and the people who design the common curriculum.

yeh some do that but schools in general are utter loving poo poo and lol if you disagree, just lol forever

also homeschooling for sane people involves a group effort so theres a lot more social interaction than what the crazies do

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

"im sure sending my kid to a school that will punish them for holding a poptart in a "threatening manner" is fine, only bad parents wouldnt want their kids to deal with that"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

homeschooled poster spotted

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

na i went to public school

do you really want your kids to turn out like me

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
thanks for proving public schooled kids can be socially crippled too

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

there was an article in the paper yesterday relevant to this thread's interests (in the life and arts section for some reason).

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Leck posted:

there was an article in the paper yesterday relevant to this thread's interests (in the life and arts section for some reason).
thank you for posting funny bitcoin in the bitcoin thread :)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Leck posted:

In this space each week we'll define a tech term, offer a timely tip or answer questions about technology from readers.

i would read this

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i'm Butte County

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

transfatphobic posted:

yeh some do that but schools in general are utter loving poo poo and lol if you disagree, just lol forever

also homeschooling for sane people involves a group effort so theres a lot more social interaction than what the crazies do
if schools in general are poo poo

and homeschooling is a form of schooling

then...

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

how do they have gold, silver and bitcoin but no doge?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Sniep posted:

time to spam email them for the acceptance of doge

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

i'm Butte County

eta until bitcoiners demand it be renamed Bitcoin County

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Bitte Cointy

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

theadder posted:

why latin specifically

if I had to guess reason about this logically, latin (scientific names) and japanese (anime) are the only two foreign languages in conservapedia, and there exists a faction that hates the use of non-English languages

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Sniep posted:

i will never not laugh at vietnamese dong

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
is there a vietnamese bitcoin exchange

i'd like to put my dong into butts

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

jony ive aces posted:

is there a vietnamese bitcoin exchange

i'd like to put my dong into butts

same question but for dogecoin

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

maniacdevnull posted:

Same question... but with dogecoin!

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
don't loving put your :dong: in :goatsecx: you idiots

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
and also don't put your :dong: into :staredog:

that is messed up

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

that dog does not look to be enjoying that one bit(coin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
a dog would be a better investor than a libertarian, true

• Locked thread