Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This might be :files:, and if so I will retract, but is there a good source for downloading/purchasing toku music? I really want to collect at least all of the KR and Sentai OP/EDs, but I'm having no luck with it despite it seeming like a simple endeavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This might be :files:, and if so I will retract, but is there a good source for downloading/purchasing toku music? I really want to collect at least all of the KR and Sentai OP/EDs, but I'm having no luck with it despite it seeming like a simple endeavor.

iTunes is a great place to start for sentai op/ed themes. I've not been able to find any official rider themes there, but they do have the space sheriff music.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Most, if not all, of the Sentai OP and ED are on iTunes. Search for Sentai and they should pop up:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/super-sentai-series-theme/id447742736

Fezz fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 8, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RBX posted:

Nobody is gonna talk about the sixth ToQger (whatever the gently caress its spelled) being revealed?

http://news.tokunation.com/2014/02/06/sixth-toqger-revealed-catalog-scans-plus-legacy-zords-14834

Or these loving awesome keys i'm going to import?

I didn't think it was possible, but the combined mecha is a somehow even more hideous clusterfuck.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Thanks for the iTunes recommendation! That's awesome, didn't expect to find them there.

Also, a crosspost from the Power Rangers thread in TVIV since I don't know what the overlap is and there's certain to be interest here to: There'll be no Spy Rangers, Say hello to Dino Charge.

I guess low ratings and sales let Saban skip Gobusters? While I'll happily check out the Kyoryuger adaptation (as much as I will the Gokaiger one), I'm disappointed they didn't even try and do Gobusters. :( It's one of my favorites, and there's such cool designs in it. But I guess between the content and lack of stock morphs, they just wanted to go for the guaranteed sell. The story's certainly different, at least. It won't be the same without the revolver's voice though.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
I'm trying to figure out who their "Intergalactic Bounty Hunter" will be. Chaos doesn't seem like he'd fit that description. Dogold?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Dear Bandai of America, please make Lucky plush toys available. Thanks in advance.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

toomanyninjas posted:

I'm trying to figure out who their "Intergalactic Bounty Hunter" will be. Chaos doesn't seem like he'd fit that description. Dogold?

I thought about this for a bit. They showed a willingness to make new footage in Megaforce, if they're willing to make enough of it, maybe it will be D? He's certainly more intimidating than the Deboth, fits the look of an alien bounty hunter, and has his own ranger form and zord.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aww, I'm kinda disappointed we won't get a Go-Buster adaptation. Or maybe they will Frankenstein Go-Buster and Kyoryuger together. Now that I finished that thought, I'm really curious on how this will go.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think it's a lot less about Go-Buster's poor ratings and the fact that Saban realized they need to cut something somewhere considering how perennially behind they've been.

Still, I'm pretty sad about the lack of Power Rangers Task Force.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Dear Saban,

Don't gently caress this up.

Kyoryu-fans.

Dr Tran posted:

Dear Bandai of America, please make Lucky plush toys available. Thanks in advance.

I would buy this so fast. :swoon:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Monathin posted:

I think it's a lot less about Go-Buster's poor ratings and the fact that Saban realized they need to cut something somewhere considering how perennially behind they've been.

Still, I'm pretty sad about the lack of Power Rangers Task Force.
It's a pity they didn't cut Goseiger...

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Man it REALLY sucks they're cutting the sentai that had "It's morphin time" and megazords IN THE ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL. Like, yeah I get it, low ratings w/e, just, maaaaaannn.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I'm pretty sure that it's nothing to do with the low ratings of Go-Busters with Japanese kids. Dinosaur toys being a much easier sell is probably a big part of it, sure, but there's also the problems in the footage. Given that they apparently can't get footage without the effects, Go-Busters' countdown clocks are a harder to work around than the Gosei Cards or Gokaiger's change effects, and a huge amount of the fight footage shows Enter and/or Escape's faces clearly - it'd be harder for them to use. I love Go-Busters and was curious what Saban would do with it (if only to see what acronym they came up with for all the GBs on everything) but it's not like the existence of a Power Rangers series using the footage has any impact on the original.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So Deathryuger is looking for the lost stones? Or Deboss? Maybe they'll edit Chaos out and make original footage with just Candle, Dogold, Lucky, and D/Deboss. I'm interested because my daughter loves Kyoryuger and we dance every week during the credits and she really wants a revolver.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RBX posted:

So Deathryuger is looking for the lost stones? Or Deboss? Maybe they'll edit Chaos out and make original footage with just Candle, Dogold, Lucky, and D/Deboss. I'm interested because my daughter loves Kyoryuger and we dance every week during the credits and she really wants a revolver.

They might just get a new person and have them in make up and not a suit actor like what's been done quite a few times before

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I thought Saban was contractually obligated to adapt every Sentai series...I wonder if that has flat out changed or if this is a special exception.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

1st Stage Midboss posted:

I love Go-Busters and was curious what Saban would do with it (if only to see what acronym they came up with for all the GBs on everything)

Galactic Bountyhunters. Assuming they could use footage from the crossover movies, that would give them access to different planets for them to visit and aliens to fight, then it turns out it was all to keep the prism things away from the real baddies and dinosamba continues as normal, but lets bandai milk all the GoBus designs for toys anyways.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Kinda weird that they seem to be changing some of the story details more than Saban normally does these days(not counting Gokaiger being used as an expansion pack for Goseiger), which is odd considering that Kyoryuger doesn't really have anything that would make it hard to adapt

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

They might just get a new person and have them in make up and not a suit actor like what's been done quite a few times before

They could use the Basco suit they aren't using this year.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

They could use the Basco suit they aren't using this year.
It's gonna be the Boba Fett ripoff from the Jetman tribute episode. :v:

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Another part of why they might be getting the ok to skip Go-Busters due to the increasing drift in seasons, which causes problems for shooting the unmorphed PR cast against the monster costumes because the longer it takes to get to this stuff, the more the foam rubber costumes break down in storage. It helps that they aren't stretching just the Goseiger stuff into two years like what happened with Samurai, but doing it this way puts them filming Kyoryuger stuff this summer, and the costumes already will have been stored from late 2012 as it is.

Hell, if they want to do a teamup with the Dino Charge team, bring back the Megaforce crew and make the Go-Busters suits a new set of powers for them to use as Ranger Keys. They'd already have the other dino sentai teams showing up too, so tying it into the Super Megaforce powers would be a quick way to address it.

OZC fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 8, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can't even really be that mad about it, because if they can't be hosed to even try to have a Basco equivalent no way they'd pull off Enter well.

Okay, maybe I'm a little mad.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I am actually thrilled there won't be a GoBus adaptation. They were bound to gently caress it up and now I can probably get decent Kyoryuger zords for much less since the electronics will be gutted.

edit: and also i have zords that will never be released in the states :haw:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Why you guys mad about that cartoon you can actually pretend does not exist when you've already seen the Japanese version?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Rei_ posted:

Why you guys mad about that cartoon you can actually pretend does not exist when you've already seen the Japanese version?

I kinda like watching how America mangles Sentai plots. Plus sometimes we end up with cool American Exclusive stuff like Jungle Fury's spirit rangers.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh man, the handoff for TQG was amazing and hilarious. The end of Kyoryuger was really great. All except for King defeating Deboss all alone. It felt a lot like the end of DokiDoki where everyone else just stands around giving the main character their powers. Luckyro and Canderilla's rear end pull for going into and out of Deboss Hell and all the dancing at the end-- it was all so good. Everyone dancing!

Next week: Trains!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Potsticker posted:

Oh man, the handoff for TQG was amazing and hilarious. The end of Kyoryuger was really great. All except for King defeating Deboss all alone. It felt a lot like the end of DokiDoki where everyone else just stands around giving the main character their powers. Luckyro and Canderilla's rear end pull for going into and out of Deboss Hell and all the dancing at the end-- it was all so good. Everyone dancing!

Next week: Trains!

Okay, that's all cool but did Nosson win the Candle Bowl?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Who's gonna win the Kamen Rider Wars?

It's up to the fans to decide!

So far Showa is winning.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

So far Showa is winning.

As it very well should be. :colbert:

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So far Showa is winning.

The poll accepts votes from foreign IPs, if anyone's wondering. I just tried it. :dance:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's really cool of them to do that! I'm glad they're preparing two endings though, as I would hate for one side to win and then never know what might have been.

The bit in the article about Rider 1 changing people's opinions has me excited. It's going to be funny seeing the old school costumes going against the ornate new ones, but they've managed to make them look cool and flashy in recent movies so I trust they'll do great here.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Okay, that's all cool but did Nosson win the Candle Bowl?

Exactly what happens: Nossan is crying over losing Daigo, and gets handed a hanky by a human hand telling him to "Keep Smiling." When he turns, there's no one there. Then we see Candle in her human guise with Lucky. She transforms back to her Deboss form, and the two of them see a crying child. They decide to be good guys, give the kid a lollipop and then skip away, hand in hand in hand.

Not too unexpected of a way to end that plotline.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

So far Showa is winning.

This depends. Does Heisei have Real Kuuga or Yuuseless from Decade? If it's Real Kuuga it ends with a tie cross counter between Stronger and Kuuga.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Never leave guys.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
It's too bad the movie is probably just going to end up being the same quality as the first Super Hero Taisen but still I love the idea that we can choose to have a bunch of old men beat up Haruto :allears:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Apollove posted:

It's too bad the movie is probably just going to end up being the same quality as the first Super Hero Taisen but still I love the idea that we can choose to have a bunch of old men beat up Haruto :allears:

This is the exact reason I voted Showa.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Shaezerus posted:

This is the exact reason I voted Showa.

I voted to see them beat up Faiz and Decade :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Wanna hate yourself? Here's Super Megaforce Episode One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

jivjov posted:

Wanna hate yourself? Here's Super Megaforce Episode One

Huh. They actually named the individual Super Mega Zords. I don't think Gokaiger ever actually used the names of the individual Gokai Vehicles at any point in the show, did they?

EDIT: Also I like that they didn't even try to explain why the SUPER LEGENDARY POWER UP MODE turns them into a group of pirates.

• Locked thread