Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

Are you sure that's not what 8-11 year old like now? Angry Orange is a thing that's just as much useless taking

I'm not saying what kids are into, I'm just telling you the demographics Power Rangers was shooting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I've started rewatching Den-O off and on recently and I have to say It might be one of my favorite Rider shows. Like there's no real over all plot, but it's small arcs are actually episodic and are generally fun to follow and the cast is really lovable.

Plus the music is just fantastic. Even the worst cover of Double Action is a top tier insert song for rider.

And Deneb/Yuuto are the best secondary riders ever. I mean, they're Pretty Strong.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 16, 2014

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
For Tokkyuger, does anyone know if Kappei Yamaguchi does the "computer voices" like Chiba did in Kyoryuger? Or is he just Ticket? I can't discern from what I've heard so far.

[Edit] Nevermind, re-reading wikipedia answered my question, "Ticket (チケット Chiketto?, Voice), ToQger Equipment Voice: Kappei Yamaguchi (山口 勝平 Yamaguchi Kappei)"

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I wasn't really worried about ToQGer until I saw the raw. Now I'm kinda worried? It was weird, but I'm hoping the translation sort of makes it work if someone picks it up.

Like it wasn't a good weird, it had moments, but it was just so...loving BIZARRE and boring at the same time. I like the mecha aesthetic for the combo, I like some of the train humour, a bit... Red seemed kinda irritating.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I kinda liked it, but I agree it was really all over the place. Hoping that translation makes it better/it was just an off first episode.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
Well, going by the visuals alone, I liked what I saw of it. I really liked that they actually drew a white line when they were transforming.

Now hopefully, the O-T crew liked it enough to pick it up. I don't want to be stuck with just TVN.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Adnachiel posted:

Well, going by the visuals alone, I liked what I saw of it. I really liked that they actually drew a white line when they were transforming.

Now hopefully, the O-T crew were impressed enough to pick it up. I don't want to be stuck with just TVN.

Magenta hated it, so Aesir won't be there to snipe it up. O-T's our only hope.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I had no idea sub groups actually skip shows, I thought that was a joke.

So this is the plot?:

The ToQger heroes are ghosts that protect young children from an untimely death in accidents and being taken to loving hell. Because consider it, all the parents are looking for their missing kids. Main bad is an Ohranger baby?

Sounds fuckin awesome.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

RBX posted:

A group subbing a show they don't want to is like the worst thing in the world. See also tbn.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

RBX posted:

So this is the plot?:

The ToQger heroes are ghosts that protect young children from an untimely death in accidents and being taken to loving hell. Because consider it, all the parents are looking for their missing kids. Main bad is an Ohranger baby?

Sounds fuckin awesome.

Yeah, it's crazy that something someone does on their free time without any sort of incentive beyond "I like this" will skip something they don't like.

/m/ is filled with enough people with a better grasp of Japanese then TVN that if OT doesn't pick it up there's a good chance someone will step in to fill the roll. They may not be OT quality subs but they'll still be better then "tachi-sama".

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wasn't mad, I was just asking. I literally didn't know I recently got into this stuff. Since TVN seems to do everything regardless.

And Wizard? Yeah I see your point.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

RBX posted:

I literally didn't know I recently got into this stuff. Since TVN seems to do everything regardless.

I suspect TVN just does every toku series regards of their feelings for the individual series because it gets them attention and BNF (big name fan) status in the toku fandom. That doesn't work as well now because groups like OT and Aesir are stepping up, but for a lot of stuff, they're still the only game in town if you don't know Japanese and want to watch a particular toku series.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So if O-T doesn't pick up ToQger does that mean Timeranger could get finished before 2016?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So if O-T doesn't pick up ToQger does that mean Timeranger could get finished before 2016?

Nope, delayed forever. Because of this post.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Good, more time to work on Dekaranger.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Waffleman_ posted:

Guess what looks like it's judgment time.

You too have been found guilty.

GOT YOU.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

AzraelNewtype posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

How's Shinkenger coming along?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Serperoth posted:

How's Shinkenger coming along?
Shut up shut up shut up! :ohdear:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Timeranger best Sentai of 2014. Is it a time travel joke? Who cares. Timeranger.

I spend a lot of time standing on a cliffside clutching a rose and thinking about Carranger subs.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 16, 2014

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

At first I was kinda put off by the helmet and mech designs, but ToQger definitely has some promise with the underlying plot. Even if OT doesn't pick it up, I'll probably just stick to watching the raws and imagine that I know what they're saying (much like I assume how the TVN subbers work).

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

HackerJoeGuy posted:

At first I was kinda put off by the helmet and mech designs, but ToQger definitely has some promise with the underlying plot. Even if OT doesn't pick it up, I'll probably just stick to watching the raws and imagine that I know what they're saying (much like I assume how the TVN subbers work).

Just write your interpretations down, and you too could be rolling in ludicrous amounts of $ubber Buck$.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HackerJoeGuy posted:

Like was said earlier, if OT doesn't pick it up, someone on /m/ will. Remember all the Gaim subs that sprouted up after Ornacgate?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Like was said earlier, if OT doesn't pick it up, someone on /m/ will. Remember all the Gaim subs that sprouted up after Ornacgate?

Haha yeah, you can always count on Toku fans to lift themselves up by their bootstraps and straight into the trash.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Do TV-N subs actually have accuracy problems beyond their chosen style of leaving in honorifics, -tachis, using awkward phrases, and translating jokes literally? The last few posts are making it sound like they just make things up from nothing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Haha yeah, you can always count on Toku fans to lift themselves up by their bootstraps and straight into the trash.

Anything's better than o-baka-chan-tachi.

jivjov posted:

Do TV-N subs actually have accuracy problems beyond their chosen style of leaving in honorifics, -tachis, using awkward phrases, and translating jokes literally? The last few posts are making it sound like they just make things up from nothing.

A lot of times they do just get things plain wrong. They also sometimes have problems with character voice.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Apparently they completely blew the exchange between Takatora and Sid in this weeks Gaim.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

jivjov posted:

It's not so much that they make stuff up out of nowhere—seems that the biggest problem with TV-N is that they'll completely miss the point of a scene or dialogue and translate it in such a way that completely discards that point so that it ends up meaning the opposite of or something different from the original line. Magenta and Caphi have done a few roasts on TV-N's translation of Gaim that illustrate this point (the latest being Gaim 16).

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

jivjov posted:

http://onoretvn.tumblr.com/
http://notquitepurple.wordpress.com/

There is stuff they've done that can only be described as guess subbing. There are chinese subs that are better then TVN.

Honestly, the only defense of TVN these days is "They were one of the first and eventually pissed enough people off to start subbing toku properly."

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The ToQ OP for those of us who aren't brave enough to watch the raws...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr-hzkVTVR0

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

Red falling in the explosion makes me hopeful they might take some of the sight gags from Akibaranger but tone them down for a kid audience.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Is the raw available anywhere yet? I poked around as many places I could think of but only found references to the livestream. I guess there hasn't been enough turnaround time yet.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

toomanyninjas posted:

Is the raw available anywhere yet? I poked around as many places I could think of but only found references to the livestream. I guess there hasn't been enough turnaround time yet.
*IF* OT posts the raw (Provided that they are indeed doing it and the person doing the cap for them is the same one that did Kyoryuger), those usually go up around late Saturday night/early sunday morning, depending on a large number of factors.

Watching /m/ will probably be the fastest way to find one if OT doesn't post it.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Oh man its so bubbly and catchy I'm in love :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

toomanyninjas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6_lpCpsbLY Quality is...iffy at best, but here it is.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

jivjov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6_lpCpsbLY Quality is...iffy at best, but here it is.

Thanks. That quality's not bad at all, though — I grew up watching bootleg anime in realplayer format. /nossan

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The roll call immediately repeating the name for every person is going to heavily test my patience.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I think that was where the Akibarangers staged their Dairanger remake too.

Nah that was the amphitheater which is a different place. The stadium is used occasionally, the biggest role I remember it having was it was where Blade first went into Jack Form I believe. I honestly don't remember it being in Go-Busters but that was a while ago so my memory is pretty fuzzy.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So, lately I've been listening to a lot of Toku music through an App called "8tracks" and I've realized that I am very, very dumb. One of the stations plays "Giant Step," an awesome Fourze insert song. The thing is, I'd heard Giant Step mentioned in this thread and other places before, but I never bothered to find out what it was because, in my mind, I'd come under the impression that Giant Step was some special promo song for Fourze's "Giant Foot" switch. :v: I have no idea why, other than the obvious name connection, but I never put it together until now that Giant Step was that awesome song playing during so many great Fourze moments.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So should I take the lack of even a greyed out name for ToQger in OT's raw post that they won't be doing it?

I can understand if they didn't like it. I'm sort of on the fence about it myself despite my love of all things trains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
OT's got their raws up... and there's nothing for TQG. :sigh:

Edit: Got beaten to it.

• Locked thread