Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

how does intricate scarring like that look twenty or thirty years down the line? For that matter, how do tattoos done in the bright, crisp intricate modern style look over the following decades, you always see these stunningly beautiful tats when they're fairly fresh, does that last?

Bold will hold. I'd like to see what a five year old Kat von D tattoo looks like.

edit: picture for new page

Sorbus has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Feb 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Sorbus posted:

Bold will hold. I'd like to see what a five year old Kat von D tattoo looks like.

ah yes STREZGTy

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Forums user dpack_1 does some really cool scarification at his shop, there's pics in the YLLS piercing thread. I'd like to know what it ends up looking like years down the line. I get bad hypertrophic scarring and have a bunch of nasty lumpy ones, some go silver and flat but others stay very raised. I wonder how scarification works out on people like me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Another beoutigul tattoo from facebook.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

eating only apples posted:

Forums user dpack_1 does some really cool scarification at his shop, there's pics in the YLLS piercing thread. I'd like to know what it ends up looking like years down the line. I get bad hypertrophic scarring and have a bunch of nasty lumpy ones, some go silver and flat but others stay very raised. I wonder how scarification works out on people like me.

He posted some pretty gnarly examples a few pages back in the thread

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Say Nothing posted:

Another beoutigul tattoo from facebook.

That's Beautipul.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

Sorbus posted:

That's not even a rhythm that can happen. Why not just get a nice sinus?

DIED A VIRGIN
Dec 21, 2012

yes no yes no yes
^ Took me a minute to realize you weren't talking about the music one. But drat, it's really hard to gently caress up some music notes floating around - nobody cares if they don't really mean anything, yet somehow this person managed. What are the two random lines coming off the bottom/top supposed to be?

And more importantly, whatever your stance is on forearm tattoos, having three all going different directions seems universally stupid.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The ink appears to fade and blur due to the effects of time, sunlight, etc. Here's a hint: (click for hugeness)

It looks like a skinny panda with a bunny tail reaching for something while looking over its shoulder.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

eating only apples posted:

From what I understand it's not recommended because it tend to stay nasty and lumpy. The keloid growth can cause something like this :nms:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
After seeing that, I'll leave intentional scars to the idiots.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sorbus posted:

Captcha tattoos: stupider than QR code tattoos or not?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Krampus Grewcock posted:

It looks like a skinny panda with a bunny tail reaching for something while looking over its shoulder.

According to Google, it's an old kewpie tattoo that someone's grandfather had.

The fading may be a blessing.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

hyperhazard posted:

According to Google, it's an old kewpie tattoo that someone's grandfather had.

The fading may be a blessing.

Popping the limbs off those things is incredibly satisfying. I know how messed up that sounds but it really is.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bad spelling time...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I remember when my mother asked me to write a phrase in Latin for her so she could get it tattooed onto her. Now, even though I took three semesters of Latin, all I got were Cs so I didn't really trust myself enough to tell someone that a certain phrase was completely correct. Fortunately, we got it right (it was something boring like "forte sum"), but I still panicked that my mother was in a tattoo shop in Vegas and possibly getting something woefully incorrect permanently inked onto her body.

Also, we all laugh at (or feel sorry for) people getting tattoos with misspelled words on them all the time, but I always wonder what the reactions are when they find out that they got something horribly wrong.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Star Man posted:

Also, we all laugh at (or feel sorry for) people getting tattoos with misspelled words on them all the time, but I always wonder what the reactions are when they find out that they got something horribly wrong.

Denial.

I would imagine most people would either say "I don't care / it doesn't matter how it's spelled" or "It's meant to be spelled like that".

The type of people who get the type of bad, misspelled tattoos that end up in this thread probably aren't sticklers for spelling and grammar anyway.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Apparently this tattoo is from 1970, just as a random example of aging:

All tattoos blur with age and sun exposure, some just last better than others. Also, no one in the 70s or 80s wore sunscreen, so there's that.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Some dude notices he got a stupid tattoo, asks strangers on the internet to "fix" it for him.

quote:

So, I recently noticed (5 months after I got my tattoo) that there is a conspicuos comma at the end of the phrase "Always with you." My friends dared me to let imgur finish the tattoo for me.

Here's my unfinished tattoo (notice the comma). If this post makes front page by March 1st at 8pm EST, I will complete my tattoo with the first word of the top 10 comments and provide photo evidence of the updated tattoo. Your move imgur.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

kinmik posted:

Some dude notices he got a stupid tattoo, asks strangers on the internet to "fix" it for him.

He's in the Army, clearly intelligence is a weakness of his.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The #3 comment is "dickbutt". He is going to get dickbutt tattooed on his body

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Captain Trips posted:

He's in the Army, clearly intelligence is a weakness of his.
Air Force.

Likely a greenie right of Tech School, so same difference, really.

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Anyone thinking about brands or scarring I would reccomend against it. I don't hate that I got branded but would never get another.
Knowing I can handle that level of pain is the only positive aspect to me. This all went down after marathon running and really pushing myself athletically for years. If your not into pushing your body to ridiculous levels this sort of thing will never occurr to you.

For clarification I wouldn't reccomend them because they suck in every way. 10 times more after care required than a tattoo and they often look like poo poo. Just wasn't worth it to me.

TheHistoryChannel has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Feb 25, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

kinmik posted:

That "conspicuos" comma is just so that he can fill in the name of whatever girl he is currently dating.

Always with you, Angela Kelly Beth

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

Kwyndig posted:

From what I understand it's not recommended because it tend to stay nasty and lumpy. The keloid growth can cause something like this :nms:

To offer a little context, it scarred horribly for him because the cuts were too deep. It pulled on his skin so much so that it became uncomfortable for him to bend. He's since gotten the keloids removed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ozzy with herpes.
Can't think of a pun to go with that statement.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sorbus posted:

People are always going on about how there is only way that a tattoo can ever be oriented on anybody's arms, which I think is pretty stupid and spergy, but this is a set of 3 tattoos oriented in 3 different directions, and it's so jarring, especially with the letters of STRENGTH each pointing in a different direction.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

It obviously says STREZGTY.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Around lunch time.

Half an hour ago.

So there's like... $30 so far?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Slapfight dragons. Alternatively, Patty-cakes dragons.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Trilineatus posted:

Apparently this tattoo is from 1970, just as a random example of aging:

All tattoos blur with age and sun exposure, some just last better than others. Also, no one in the 70s or 80s wore sunscreen, so there's that.

Oh man, I am so glad I'm getting my tattoo removed. It's only about 15 years old, but it wasn't that well done and it was starting to fade. I didn't like it anymore, so it's slowly but surely getting removed. Third treatment next week! :)

I did also temporarily talk my niece out of getting a Chinese character tattoo after having my boyfriend give her the literal translations of what she wanted. Hopefully she'll change her mind about them altogether.

caramelbread
Jul 29, 2011

Found this on instagram! I feel like the faux vintage filter really adds to the flair of it!

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

Star Man posted:

I remember when my mother asked me to write a phrase in Latin for her so she could get it tattooed onto her. Now, even though I took three semesters of Latin, all I got were Cs so I didn't really trust myself enough to tell someone that a certain phrase was completely correct. Fortunately, we got it right (it was something boring like "forte sum"), but I still panicked that my mother was in a tattoo shop in Vegas and possibly getting something woefully incorrect permanently inked onto her body.

My (stupid) ex got a (stupid) tattoo that was meant to say 'In Death, I Live'. He ended up with 'In Death I Lid' which I found absolutely hysterical. He tried to get it covered up/corrected but you could still see the D through the V. Train wreck.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

caramelbread posted:

Found this on instagram! I feel like the faux vintage filter really adds to the flair of it!

He's a Mandalorian, so what?

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011
It came from Facebook. She's got her name set to a certain clown-obsessed psychologist.

The hidden comments are split about 1/3 complimenting her tattoo, 2/3 calling her sexy without mentioning her tattoo. I hope those people realize it's poo poo but I don't have much hope.

Oh look, these beautiful things are on her too.

chapstickie has a new favorite as of 12:33 on Feb 26, 2014

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

chapstickie posted:

Oh look, these beautiful things are on her too.

Makes me want Battenberg

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

cyberia posted:

Denial.

I would imagine most people would either say "I don't care / it doesn't matter how it's spelled" or "It's meant to be spelled like that".

The type of people who get the type of bad, misspelled tattoos that end up in this thread probably aren't sticklers for spelling and grammar anyway.

I used to work with a woman who showed me a picture of her daughter's tattoo that included the word "happyness" and when I pointed out that it was misspelled, my coworker told me it wasn't on purpose but her daughter liked it because it was "more unique" that way. The daughter was like 17 and in high school with her entire forearm covered in whatever the quote was and a bunch of roses. It was ok-ish except for the spelling, but that's a lot of public ink for a teenager.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Captain Trips posted:

He's a Mandalorian, so what?

Cultural appropriation man!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

IUG posted:

Alternatively, Patty-cakes dragons.

Was about to post the same thing.

Here, have a crappy tattoo.

And more from the studio, and I think the same artist, as the one above.

She's not naked, but I tinied just in case. Her pants are low.

So avoid Scott at Double Dragon Tattoo, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mugshots are always a good source of poor decision making.

• Locked thread