Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BeOSPOS posted:

lol at mongoDB

Mongo Snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

this is my new cyberpunk name

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

but they werent allowing cash outs so idk

I voluntarily decided to work with a company that wouldn't let me have my money. Stop government coercion!

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

you mean cybrhitlr

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

TVarmy posted:

Pretty sure there's a play fort at Mt. Gox made from brand new Herman Miller Aeron chairs. They're an agile tech startup with the revolutionary idea their employees should be happy and have Nerf gun fights.

They reconciled their accounts by going in the Aeron chair fort and imagining what the numbers on the spreadsheets should have been.

lol you think they had aeron chairs

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

some kinda real chairs in the background + dyson fan on the desk

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

this is terribly superficial of me, but don't ceos usually keep themselves in better shape than that? how many pudgy ceos can you think of?

Apr 7, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

At the Mt. Gox offices, they sit on bubbles. Interesting.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

prefect posted:

this is terribly superficial of me, but don't ceos usually keep themselves in better shape than that? how many pudgy ceos can you think of?

ballmer, kimdotcom,

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Citizen Tayne posted:

At the Mt. Gox offices, they sit on bubbles. Interesting.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

DNova posted:

ballmer, kimdotcom,

gaben

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

DNova posted:

ballmer, kimdotcom,

mike lazaridis

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DNova posted:

ballmer, kimdotcom,

kimdotcom is a freaky goofball outsider; he doesn't count

but yeah, ballmer's not fit and trim. although he does jump around on stage like a psychopath, so you know he's got some muscles in there

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

please don't buy into the silicon valley concept of the startup ceo young hungry smart white guy even if it is to shame mike karperelsrples

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, it's way easy to shame him without buying into that myth.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i was made aware of bits early on and am now a laffs 1%er

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm kind of afraid mark will kill himself. :/

i'm kind of afraid he won't :-(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

please don't buy into the silicon valley concept of the startup ceo young hungry smart white guy even if it is to shame mike karperelsrples

i'm not suggesting they're young, hungry, or smart. i do know that they spend a lot of time on their appearance, and a lot of them have personal trainers to keep them from looking bad

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it's like they're trying to make me forget that they were ever funny they were funny for a few years around the end of the 2000s :shobon:

Apr 7, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's like they're trying to make me forget that they were ever funny they were funny for a few years around the end of the 2000s :shobon:

No, they weren't.

Apr 7, 2003

They were funny for you at that point in time because you were the right age to be in their target audience. They are no longer funny because you aren't.

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
Can someone put together a greatest hits of mark krapopples getting mad when someone spells his name wrong

Apr 7, 2003

This is a good thing for you, because their target audience is unrepentant moron idiot fuckers.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

They were funny for you at that point in time because you were the right age to be in their target audience. They are no longer funny because you aren't.

yeah this is the truth, i would have said early 2000s if i hadn't already realized this

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Citizen Tayne posted:

This is a good thing for you, because their target audience is unrepentant moron idiot fuckers.

evidence:

i like that their inserts have drop-shadows. it's the little details that count

Apr 7, 2003

- Source: Two middle-aged men.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in the war between video game enthusiasts and concern trolls, there are no winners

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Condiv posted:

evidence:
heh heh rape

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Condiv posted:

evidence:

i like that their inserts have drop-shadows. it's the little details that count

not even trying to understand why some people were pissed. great job, guys

and then they went and made loving shirts. assholes

Apr 7, 2003

I'm the thirty-six year old man who enjoys drawing animals with dicks for limbs. *pee wee herman voice* Ha ha! Comedy Gold!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Citizen Tayne posted:

actually i literally believe that that was the point where they'd matured past high-school dumbassery but hadn't yet turned to poo poo with grown-up dumbassery and tracing and dickwolves and surfaces and general :effort:

but i can see where you're coming from

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
my friend reminded me that he used to know magicaltux (karpeles) a few years back because they both ran ragnarok online servers

https://github.com/MagicalTux/grf
http://teamgp.free.fr/backup_fro/staff.php
http://wargamingmontreal.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3903

not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread but yeah

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Just to continue the Penny Arcade derail for one second, why isn't the hugely fat one drawn as a hugely fat?

Also, "MagicalTux" is a poo poo nym, and I say this as someone with a poo poo nym.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

AlbieQuirky posted:

Just to continue the Penny Arcade derail for one second, why isn't the hugely fat one drawn as a hugely fat?
they actuallly did for one comic (:newlol:) but it's because they weren't originally supposed to represent the authors

not that it would likely have made a difference

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

post the one where he drew them how they actually look, that was actually funny

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

Also, "MagicalTux" is a poo poo nym, and I say this as someone with a poo poo nym.

for the same reason they don't draw their wives as the type of people that would actually marry them touch them

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

also i'm really hoping we hear more about karpeles's prior fraud accusations in france

Apr 7, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

for the same reason they don't draw their wives as the type of people that would actually marry them touch them

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

someone post penny-arcade-job-description.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

• Locked thread