Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If you were genuinely upset by seeing Enter break out the Dark Red Buster suit because it messed with your sense of continuity instead of going "HELL YEAH THAT SUIT loving OWNS SO GLAD WE GET TO SEE IT AGAIN" then you are watching Sentai for entirely the wrong reason.

Oh no, I loved that. Enter's one of my favourite villains, and I'm glad he got to use every ability he had (plus I love the Dark Buster suit). Kind of lame how he got beaten though, I would've enjoyed another all-out against Hiromu for old time's sake.

I mean mostly the time travel is really weird (but I hate time travel as a plot, so I'm biased here). Dino!Gabutyra can talk...somehow...and Gabutyra can talk to his past self to send him info, so the past Gabutyra can travel to the present (in a completely unexplained way) to warn Daigo to not let himself get killed...it simply doesn't make too much sense, is what I'm trying to say. And I'm saying this for dancing dinosaurs Sentai. Yayoi also manages to create time travel, powered by Dino Guts. Eat your heart out, Timerangers.

There's also a weird, but unimportant, goof with Gabutyra's CGI model. When he fought Neo Grifforzar, he (correctly) did not have the 1-Gabutyra battery on him. Once he's turned dark (which serves no purpouse in the movie despite being hyped by the opening, gotta sell those recoloured toys), he suddenly has the battery. Once he's back to normal, the battery disappears once again.

I may be a bit too harsh on the criticism though. Again, I actually enjoyed the movie, but it felt like it would be better just turning my brain off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Just watched Showa Rider vs. Heisei Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen featuring Super Sentai at a cinema in Tokyo. The end is hilarious.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
What the hell, Ticket?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dr Tran posted:

What the hell, Ticket?

Hikari had the right idea.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well that Ticket scene will follow me for the rest of this series.

Also, seems we're getting a seventh ToQger.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well that Ticket scene will follow me for the rest of this series.

Also, seems we're getting a seventh ToQger.

Unless that's ToQ zero and not ToQ Oh, I think that's just the switch for combining the two mechs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Xelkelvos posted:

Unless that's ToQ zero and not ToQ Oh, I think that's just the switch for combining the two mechs.

Given the context of the switches and the fact that it's O and not -Oh I feel its safe to assume that's a 0.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I am so totally pumped that KIT is back to subbing stronger. It is one of my favorite Showa shows and they are doing such a bang up job doing it I feel thrilled every time I see jeeg's release notes.

I guess what I am saying is Stronger is awesome and you should all watch it and kit is awesome for subbing it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmfFPyFuleg

:swoon: :swoon:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
It's both cool and a letdown to see unaltered pre SFX Sentai footage. Cool because it's so mundane, letdown because it destroys the illusion

Also, while some people are looking down on ToQuger, what I'm appreciating is that there's goals beyond just defeating the Shadow Line. First is finding all the Support Train and restoring the Rainbow Line to its former glory. The other is the members trying to unlock and connect their memories, and find their home.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 18, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Solaris Knight posted:

Also, while some people are looking down on Tokkyuger, what I'm appreciating is that there's goals beyond just defeating the Shadow Line. First is finding all the Support Resshas and restoring the Rainbow Line to its former glory. The other is the members trying to unlock and connect their memories, and find their home.

I don't know what you're watching. I'm watching the Wagon show.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Solaris Knight posted:

Also, while some people are looking down on Tokkyuger, what I'm appreciating is that there's goals beyond just defeating the Shadow Line. First is finding all the Support Resshas and restoring the Rainbow Line to its former glory. The other is the members trying to unlock and connect their memories, and find their home.

Not even tv-bloody-nihon calls the show that; why are you embracing weeaboism this hard?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

AzraelNewtype posted:

Not even tv-bloody-nihon calls the show that; why are you embracing weeaboism this hard?

To be fair "Tokkyuger" was how everyone thought the show was gonna be romanized, and iirc that's how it shows up during the finisher blow in their cameo in Kyoryu/Go-Bus, so at least in Japan, that's all there was to go on.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

To be fair "Tokkyuger" was how everyone thought the show was gonna be romanized, and iirc that's how it shows up during the finisher blow in their cameo in Kyoryu/Go-Bus, so at least in Japan, that's all there was to go on.

That was over 9 weeks ago though. It's been 2 solid months of "No guys THIS is how we're spelling it." At this point it's not being some weeaboo it's just being loving stupid.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That was over 9 weeks ago though. It's been 2 solid months of "No guys THIS is how we're spelling it." At this point it's not being some weeaboo it's just being loving stupid.

Or making an honest mistake and/or typing on reflex without thinking about it too much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

Or making an honest mistake and/or typing on reflex without thinking about it too much.

You should actually read other posts in this thread. Also not sure how much 'reflex' could build out of the one-two weeks of no information where it was Tokkyuger.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

What the gently caress are you harping on him for? The guy wants to talk about enjoying spandex train team and all you can do is hound him about how the title is spellled?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Everybody knows what he's talking about, it was very much the name we used for a few weeks, and he's not being obnoxious so I'm really not seeing what the big deal is?
We're unironically talking about our love of people in multicolored spandex outfits or karate bugmen, to the point that some of us spend several hundred dollars on associated toys. I'd hope we're past the point of harping on people for how they spell poo poo.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Sorry for causing a stir guys. Tokkyuger's not me being a weeb, I just find it easier to type out then ToQger, which still feels off for me :ohdear:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'd be more okay with ToQger if it was To-Q-Ger or something. I've never been a huge fan of capital letters in the middle of words.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

everythingWasBees posted:

I'd hope we're past the point of harping on people for how they spell poo poo.

True, except gently caress anyone who spells Denjiman as Benjiman. There's a D on their uniforms for God's sake, its obviously Denji.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cliff Racer posted:

True, except gently caress anyone who spells Denjiman as Benjiman. There's a D on their uniforms for God's sake, its obviously Denji.
Are there actually people who do this? Tell me you're kidding.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

I'd be more okay with ToQger if it was To-Q-Ger or something. I've never been a huge fan of capital letters in the middle of words.

Yeah, that's part of what's throwing me off. It just feels disjointed, and romanizing the Q in the title and everywhere else feels dumb.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
I just got a promotion and pay raise, so someone better convince me buying a W Driver is a terrible idea and a waste of money.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

toomanyninjas posted:

I just got a promotion and pay raise, so someone better convince me buying a W Driver is a terrible idea and a waste of money.

Do you have any outstanding bills that need taking care of?

If no, then go for it! Otherwise, remember to take care of your responsibilities before you have fun!

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
It's a pretty good idea imo

You can make it say MAXIMUM DRIVE any time you want and flipping it open is super satisfying

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

PuddingKnight posted:

It's a pretty good idea imo

You can make it say MAXIMUM DRIVE any time you want and flipping it open is super satisfying

poo poo, I need to buy one and attach it to my steering wheel.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
I like the Lost Driver a whole lot more, but I don't want to just get the Eternal memory.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
It's only a terrible idea if you don't already have a Decadrive in which case you should be buying a Decadriver instead.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

toomanyninjas posted:

I like the Lost Driver a whole lot more, but I don't want to just get the Eternal memory.

The Complete Selection Modification version of the Lost Driver includes both Skull and Eternal. If it's not out yet, it should be soon. The downside is that the Skull Maximum Drive needs the Skull Magnum, so the memory just clicks when you hit the button on the Maximum Slot (same as Trigger in the Double Driver Super Best release)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Just get the Money memory. That'll solve BOTH problems.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of spelling, what's the deal with Goranger vs Gorenger? I've seen it both ways and can't get a definitive answer on which is correct.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 19, 2014

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Mine has always been Zyu vs Jyu vs Juu. It makes searching for Kyoryuger stuff hard when trying to look up Zyudenchi

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

To say nothing of Double/W, Gaim/Gaimu, JAKQ, Ohranger, OOO, most Showa Kamen Rider series.

Hell, even the mooks in the Sentai that started this whole derail are split between Crows/Kuros

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Can I get people's thoughts on Gouraigan?

I saw the first three episodes and thought it was alright.

I'd rather not watch TVN's subs, but it's been months since GUIS released an episode.

Also, Changeman. It looks good, but it's next to impossible to find. Supposedly GUIS is doing it, though that was said in early 2013 and their forums don't update much.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Can I get people's thoughts on Gouraigan?

I saw the first three episodes and thought it was alright.

I'd rather not watch TVN's subs, but it's been months since GUIS released an episode.

Also, Changeman. It looks good, but it's next to impossible to find. Supposedly GUIS is doing it, though that was said in early 2013 and their forums don't update much.

I have every episode of Changeman (except number 21, for some reason) subbed by some group going by "dff" if the filenames are to be believed. One of these days I'll see about getting them up somewhere.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Dead Fish's Changeman releases look to be available from KRDL under "unsorted downloads" now.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Box of Bunnies posted:

Dead Fish's Changeman releases look to be available from KRDL under "unsorted downloads" now.
Speaking of Dead Fish, I still hope someone finishes up the unsubbed Metalder eps.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

Speaking of spelling, what's the deal with Goranger vs Gorenger? I've seen it both ways and can't get a definitive answer on which is correct.

I have the same question about Denjiman Vs Denziman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Box of Bunnies posted:

I might have helped with that. Apparently I was the only one with all of the downloads a few months back, Jiv up above brought this up, I put 'em on the web through ways, and now they've spread.

• Locked thread