Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Cingulate posted:

And Tyrion is a murderer, but no sadist.

He is a sadist in DWD. He threatens to murder a prostitute for no apparent reason, telling her that he's important enough that there won't be any reprisal again him if he kills her. He does this purely because he wants to terrify her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Kylaer posted:

He is a sadist in DWD. He threatens to murder a prostitute for no apparent reason, telling her that he's important enough that there won't be any reprisal again him if he kills her. He does this purely because he wants to terrify her.

He specifically is angry at whores and wants to punish all of them fr deceiving them, for obvious reasons

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Tyrion should drop oneliners while he kills them:

"To poo poo gold, or not to poo poo gold?" *shoots crossbow* "Not to poo poo gold."

"Where do whores go? Here!" *kicks Shae down the shitter*

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yes, I too think Tyrion should be played by the sublime thespian in my avatar.

"Where do whores go?

Straight to hell, yarghgharhgh! :black101:"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yes, I too think Tyrion should be played by the sublime thespian in my avatar.

"Where do whores go?

Straight to hell, yarghgharhgh! :black101:"

"What killed dragons? The Ice Age!"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Young Arnie as Bob Baratheon in a Robert's Rebellion movie/series would be sensational.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Hey guys! I just read an article that said that GRRM's editor expects TWOW to be coming "reasonably soon"!! What does that mean in GRRM time, seriously?

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_winds_of_winter_release_date_george_rr_martin_editor-2014-05

However, apparently the "The World of Fire and Ice" app is such a great concordance or something that the freaking editor for GRRM says she expects the editing process to take "about a week". While part of me is thrilled for the theoretically quick turnaround, if this is the sort of editing that was done on that last two books it sure as gently caress explains a lot. Given that they don't seem, uh, edited. Not with anything but continuity in mind, I guess. :gonk:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old, in the grand scheme of things, 20 years is reasonably soon I suppose.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

The editor just makes sure sir is spelled ser and then ships it out.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Aurain posted:

The earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old, in the grand scheme of things, 20 years is reasonably soon I suppose.

lol shut the gently caress up, God created Earth less than 10k years ago. Nevertheless, 20 years is still reasonably soon.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

George, you say "words are wind" too much. Could we cut some of these out?

No.

Well could we at least cut all these climactic battles?

Okay.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

People don't read these books for anything other than the American Tolkien's brilliant turns of phrase, dude. Certainly not for the interesting characters and intriguing plot movements. Arya goes blind? Robb dies at his uncle's wedding? Tyrion murders his own father?!

Nope, no one wants to see any of that poo poo. The efficacy of nippled breastplates, the textual composition of wind, and the ultimate destination of ladies whose virtue and companionship is negotiable... these things are numero uno on the docket here in Asoiafistan.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

quote:

With "The Winds of Winter," Groell says she expects the editing process to take her about a week thanks to the A World of Ice and Fire app (hallelujah to that short turnaround).

What in gently caress does that even mean?

Just kidding, it means she gets towerofthehand people to do it for free.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

People don't read these books for anything other than the American Tolkien's brilliant turns of phrase, dude. Certainly not for the interesting characters and intriguing plot movements. Arya goes blind? Robb dies at his uncle's wedding? Tyrion murders his own father?!

Nope, no one wants to see any of that poo poo. The efficacy of nippled breastplates, the textual composition of wind, and the ultimate destination of ladies whose virtue and companionship is negotiable... these things are numero uno on the docket here in Asoiafistan.

Let us not forget erotic making GBS threads as form of foreshadow or something.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Let us not forget erotic making GBS threads as form of foreshadow or something.

GRUM had us in every way an author can have a reader.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

syscall girl posted:

GRUM had us in every way an author can have a reader.

We didn't know if we were reading the book or the book was reading us.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

jsoh posted:

i think summer and coldhands and meera killed the mutineers? i know coldhands fed them to meera and jojen and bran

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

The shift key is over to the left-hand side there. It's for the first letter of every sentence! User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Oh gently caress yeah, we are back to the Capitalization / Formatting cycle of this thread. IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!

kaworu posted:

Hey guys! I just read an article that said that GRRM's editor expects TWOW to be coming "reasonably soon"!! What does that mean in GRRM time, seriously?

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_winds_of_winter_release_date_george_rr_martin_editor-2014-05

god she sounds desperate.. IM SURE THERE ARE MORE CHAPTERS... I BEGGED HIM TO FINISH BEFORE THE SHOW, SO THERE MUST BE MORE CHAPTERS DONE.. RIGHT ?!?!? AND IT WILL JUST TAKE 1 WEEK TO EDIT!

Lycus posted:

Of course, it's a pin now. I guess he could stab her a lot of times with the pin.

poo poo you are right... that is too bad. There was something especially insulting about her wearing the chain - both in how it marked her as Tywin's, and also made it seem like she was just .. well a whore and loyal to whomever had the power/money/etc.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

kcroy posted:

poo poo you are right... that is too bad. There was something especially insulting about her wearing the chain - both in how it marked her as Tywin's, and also made it seem like she was just .. well a whore and loyal to whomever had the power/money/etc.

They made a chain of hands necklace, but maybe only as a nod to book readers, since I think they only used it as part of Tyrion's armor.

I don't remember if it shows up anywhere else.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I never noticed that. That's amazing. But if they were going to use it in the show they would have had to mention it 13 times in the last episode.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

TK-42-1 posted:

I never noticed that. That's amazing. But if they were going to use it in the show they would have had to mention it 13 times in the last episode.

he could reach down and while she is babbling an apology, gently hold the Hand medallion on the necklace. "Hand of the king" he says to himself. Shae is still apologizing. Suddenly his disbelief turns to pure rage, YOU ARE WEARING THE NECKLACE OF THE HAND OF THE KING! THIS WAS MY NECKLACE WHEN I WAS THE HAND BUT NOW IT IS MY FATHERS AND HE UNIRONICALLY LETS YOU WEAR IT EVEN THOUGH HE HATES WHORES!!!!

Then he strangles her

#yesallwomen

kcroy fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 1, 2014

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Reported, you goonlord.

for a promotion!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

kcroy posted:

he could reach down and while she is babbling an apology, gently hold the Hand medallion on the necklace. "Hand of the king" he says to himself. Shae is still apologizing. Suddenly his disbelief turns to pure rage, YOU ARE WEARING THE NECKLACE OF THE HAND OF THE KING! THIS WAS MY NECKLACE WHEN I WAS THE HAND BUT NOW IT IS MY FATHERS AND HE UNIRONICALLY LETS YOU WEAR IT EVEN THOUGH HE HATES WHORES!!!!

Then he strangles her

#yesallwomen

cersei walking through kings landing will double as the beginning of westeros's feminist movement

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Dont worry yall. He had at least 168 pages as of February 2013.

Now he only needs, I dunno, five times that before the end of next season, woops

Its all good

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
GRRM should just publish individual chapters in magazines as soon as he has them finished, it worked for Dostoevsky.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mike N Eich posted:

Dont worry yall. He had at least 168 pages as of February 2013.

Now he only needs, I dunno, five times that before the end of next season, woops

Its all good

Is this in addition to the material cut from ADWD?

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

Koirhor posted:

Is this in addition to the material cut from ADWD?

The man actually CUT material? ADWD had way too much repetition to begin with

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

at 50 pages per year he might just be on track for a late 2020 release!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

TryAgainBragg posted:

The man actually CUT material? ADWD had way too much repetition to begin with

Yes, he did. Anything at all interesting was removed for later books.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

Anything at all interesting was removed for later books.

And finally it all makes sense.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Bit late on the Tyrion discussion but you can obviously explain his behavior with his being a Secret Targ.

edit: I'm imagining his editor visiting him near the deadline. She's stressed and nervous as all hell , Ty opens the door and invites her in.
She's served Tea and Lemoncakes and makes a bit of smalltalk with Gurm before nervously asking about the book. He gives her that pig-eyed smile and that incredibly creepy high pitched giggle.

Oh yeah, does anyone have those "One of Us" snippets saved?

Kellanved fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 1, 2014

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Can't wait for the iconic line:

You raped Elia Martell, princess of Dorne, married to the crown prince, Rhaegar Targaryen, and mother of Rhaenys and Aegon. You killed Elia Martell, princess of Dorne, married to the crown prince, Rhaegar Targaryen, and mother of Rhaenys and Aegon. You killed her children, the aforementioned Rhaenys and Aegon.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Can't wait for the iconic line:

You raped Elia Martell, princess of Dorne, married to the crown prince, Rhaegar Targaryen, and mother of Rhaenys and Aegon. You killed Elia Martell, princess of Dorne, married to the crown prince, Rhaegar Targaryen, and mother of Rhaenys and Aegon. You killed her children, the aforementioned Rhaenys and Aegon.

Whenever I read those lines in the book, it is in this voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAI9_MkmBM

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
When the actor strolls up to the Lannister guards in his first episode I half expected him to bust out a Montoya speech

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Welp, Show Sansa revealed her identity in the Eyrie. Guess the Alayne plot point will lead nowhere in the books.

E: and Arya and The Hound are at the Eyrie.

Millions fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 2, 2014

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
we haven't been at the wall in two episodes, right?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
So instead of Alayne we get Sansa's evil anti-dimension twin. I like it. Plus goldshitting foreshadowing.

HBO must be saving all the Wall action to save season 5. Unless they wrap it up in a single episode, which would be the funniest thing ever.

I feel Arya represents the book readers after that laughing.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Alayne lived for all of ten seconds, but she dyes her hair anyway after telling everyone who she is

Well at least they got Oberyns line right

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Krampus Grewcock posted:

So instead of Alayne we get Sansa's evil anti-dimension twin. I like it. Plus goldshitting foreshadowing.

HBO must be saving all the Wall action to save season 5. Unless they wrap it up in a single episode, which would be the funniest thing ever.

I feel Arya represents the book readers after that laughing.

Just saw the trailer for next week and this is what it looks like they're going to do. Seems like they'll save the new lord commander election for next season.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

The ending of tonight's episode had more impact than the book scene. Brutal death scene for the Viper. I wish I could have experienced that without knowing it was coming. Reminds me of the surprise from Ned's death before I had read the books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
I dunno why but that death reeked of too over the top. His head exploding made me laugh because I for some reason immediately thought of Fist of the North Star...