Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
More of the new Shiki:

Delta Gundam leg frame apparently? I doubt those ballute packs are included but the mounting parts obviously are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Boy am I glad I'm not an HG person, otherwise I'd be deep in th-

Bimmi posted:

What a nutty week.

I don't know what this is but I want ten

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Boy am I glad I'm not an HG person, otherwise I'd be deep in th-

I don't know what this is but I want ten

Have you not been watching Gundam: Build Fighters?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They are pretty much capped out of BFT suits now unless more show up in the series which given the tournament seems pretty difficult unless the Meijin/Lady or Sei show up with new ones.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Just gonna add that I will be very glad to see the "big glowy clear bits" trend pass away, because I don't really care for it and it's gonna age badly IMO.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are pretty much capped out of BFT suits now unless more show up in the series which given the tournament seems pretty difficult unless the Meijin/Lady or Sei show up with new ones.

Build Fighters added no less than three last-minute kits that got very little screentime - the Gouf R35, the Crossbone Maoh, and the Miss Sazabi.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Build Fighters added no less than three last-minute kits that got very little screentime - the Gouf R35, the Crossbone Maoh, and the Miss Sazabi.

Four: Fenice Rinascita

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I stand corrected. That said though, the way BFT's going I doubt we're going to get a repeat of that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you not been watching Gundam: Build Fighters?

I have not, aside from whatever clips I get linked. But all I think of when I see that is the custom opportunities. I could probably make a drat good Zero out of that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I have not, aside from whatever clips I get linked. But all I think of when I see that is the custom opportunities. I could probably make a drat good Zero out of that.

The whole series is legally up on their official youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9H1u1zFVNc

There's the first episode of Gundam: Build Fighters. Have fun, and may God have mercy on your wallet.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's the first episode of Gundam: Build Fighters. Have fun, and may God have mercy on your wallet.

I'm aware, but I'm just not interested. 1/144 scale doesn't do it for me, and the BF suits that DO get MGs are inevitably the ones I'm not interested in. I'm just not interested in watching the show.

Speaking of new kits though, have they announced the next RE100 after the GP-04? I want to see the next crazy MSV/novel suit they decide to go with.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
One of the things I genuinely liked about Build Fighters is exemplified by the screen cap above — namely, the way it sometimes nails that very particular look when your space is full of small storage, reference, and tools.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm aware, but I'm just not interested. 1/144 scale doesn't do it for me, and the BF suits that DO get MGs are inevitably the ones I'm not interested in. I'm just not interested in watching the show.

Speaking of new kits though, have they announced the next RE100 after the GP-04? I want to see the next crazy MSV/novel suit they decide to go with.

Ah, fair enough. And not yet. If they're not announcing anything with the current big wave they just dropped, it probably won't be until after GP-04's out.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ah, fair enough. And not yet. If they're not announcing anything with the current big wave they just dropped, it probably won't be until after GP-04's out.

I thought they announced the Dijeh a while back. I remember it being brought up in this thread.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Dijeh is indeed the next scheduled RE/100:

That's just about the best picture of it that exists apparently. We should be seeing first pics of the real thing right about now, but I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up cancelled somehow.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of RE/100, right now on Amazon the Nightingale is currently the cheapest you can find, shipped. AmiAmi has it for 38 bucks but they hide their shipping prices behind placing the order, which pushes it way over what it's being offered for there. In addition to being scummy as hell.

If you were on the fence, now's the time it seems.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
What's the sound of hundreds if not dozens of retailers screaming "get this huge loving thing off our hands please?"

Not a real good sign for the risky new line.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 23, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It probably doesn't help that they chose the Nightingale as the flagship model for the line. I think it would have been more successful if they even made the Mk3 the first launch, instead of something that's obviously a rather acquired taste ("The Fat Sazabi").

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It probably doesn't help that they chose the Nightingale as the flagship model for the line. I think it would have been more successful if they even made the Mk3 the first launch, instead of something that's obviously a rather acquired taste ("The Fat Sazabi").

Plus aren't they all niche designs anyway? That wasn't bound to be a big market grab from the get-go.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Doing Nightingale as the first kit in the line was a ballsy move and I applaud them for it, but that doesn't make it any less of a bad decision. I really hope RE/100 won't die in the cradle because of it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You know, despite being huge and generally unpopular, I think the Nightingale was the perfect kit to launch the line. Not just saying that as a huge Nightingale fan, I mean that in terms of it's a bold statement, just shouting "these are the kind of suits we're doing this line for, the huge stuff we can't make MGs out of, or the obscure stuff that only the diehards know about".

Having their announcement be a novel suit, an MSV suit, and an Evolve suit seems like a very deliberate act to me.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Where's my goddamn RE/100 WaDOM

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

They were selling it as a set with the MG Hi Nu vKa, it was basically the best opportunity to ever do it.

Crossbone X1 FC vGBF and Tryon 3 were announced a while back so I'm not exactly sure why they're supposed to be news, but it's nice to see The End and Denial. Both of them, like most BFT kits, look much worse than their animation models though.

Bimmi posted:

Oh, they've tried more than four times. What is it about the HGUC Zeta that everyone seems to hate, though?

It just looks pretty doofy.

It's not terrible or anything, especially considering its age, but it could use another shot.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 23, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

They were selling it as a set with the MG Hi Nu vKa, it was basically the best opportunity to ever do it.

Crossbone X1 FC vGBF and Tryon 3 were announced a while back so I'm not exactly sure why they're supposed to be news, but it's nice to see The End and Denial. Both of them, like most BFT kits, look much worse than their animation models though.

This is the first look at the actual kits though. And the End was never going to look good the moment the gave it a cape.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The main problem with the Nightingale is that it's a ¥8000 HG that is too big for most collections and that is why we've been seeing it widely discounted for almost as long as it's been available.

If you want one get it now, I doubt they'll be reprinting it anytime soon.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 23, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Wonder if they're going to give Denial 2 or 3 options for ponytails. And god I hope the Crossbone ver BFT actually has some kind of gimmick to it and it's not just a slightly different color Full Cloth, because that'd make Mackenzie even more boring than he already is.

Bimmi posted:

Oh, they've tried more than four times. What is it about the HGUC Zeta that everyone seems to hate, though?

Mostly just problems that are inherent to the Zeta's design to begin with, like it being awkward to pose. Personally I hate my Zeta because I was a dumbass and the crest popped off a year or two ago and now I can't find it, so it's stuck in waverider mode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

Wonder if they're going to give Denial 2 or 3 options for ponytails. And god I hope the Crossbone ver BFT actually has some kind of gimmick to it and it's not just a slightly different color Full Cloth, because that'd make Mackenzie even more boring than he already is.

Isn't he tiered off to face against the Gunpla Academy too? There's not a goddamn hope of anything interesting coming out of that, because he's on a team with two disposable extras against three named characters. And i'd expect something effects-wise for the Denial, considering how much the Try Burning got.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The pilot to the Crossbone is Lucas Nemesis, actually. Julian Mackenzie was the F91 Imagine guy.

Also, like literally everybody saw coming, the HGUC V2 will have a webshop Wings of Light effect parts.

As for the Assault Buster, I hope you like stickers.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

TARDISman posted:

Wonder if they're going to give Denial 2 or 3 options for ponytails.

If you look carefully at the render you'll see that the ponytail is three pieces (and pink and glowy woo)

As for the HGUC Zeta being floppy and hard to pose, it is actually neither of those things. It also looks much better in person than it does in that photo a couple posts up, though that's a cool example of a more anime-inspired look versus a realistic ver.Ka sort of deal.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
HG God gundam isn't that big of a blunder when you consider the Shinning gundam is nicer overall.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

The pilot to the Crossbone is Lucas Nemesis, actually. Julian Mackenzie was the F91 Imagine guy.

Also, like literally everybody saw coming, the HGUC V2 will have a webshop Wings of Light effect parts.

Oh dammit, dunno why I mixed them up. I'm just having a really bad couple of days like that.

Bimmi posted:

If you look carefully at the render you'll see that the ponytail is three pieces (and pink and glowy woo)

As for the HGUC Zeta being floppy and hard to pose, it is actually neither of those things. It also looks much better in person than it does in that photo a couple posts up, though that's a cool example of a more anime-inspired look versus a realistic ver.Ka sort of deal.

Without a stand I personally felt it was hard to have any sort of pose that looked worthwhile, that's more what I meant. It's a really nice looking kit and I liked having it with the Hyper Mega Launcher, but it also suffers the most from just standing on a shelf compared to doing something dynamic on a stand.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

I figured it be a sticker fest, but I paint everything anyway, and man, I am so happy to have an assault buster.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
HGUC Zeta is actually pretty sweet and while not crazy flexible more than holds its own IMO:

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

I will mail Bandai a signed cheque that they can add their own amount to for HG NT-1 Alex 2.0

Maybe THIS is the one to make Zeta not a floppy mess of a kit. They've already tried FOUR TIMES.

If they've learned anything from Unicorn, its that perhaps making two molds (MS and Wave rider) would be more prudent than making a limpy transforming kit. I'd love a more sturdy Zeta in any scale.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

slightpirate posted:

If they've learned anything from Unicorn, its that perhaps making two molds (MS and Wave rider) would be more prudent than making a limpy transforming kit. I'd love a more sturdy Zeta in any scale.

This is pretty much my dream. I would love a sturdy non transforming zeta, but that's never going to happen.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Seriously, it exists. I don't know why people think the HGUC Zeta is some flimsy piece of garbage when that's not the case at all.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
The proportions aren't bad on the HGUC, either. Looks like a decent kit to me. Might have to snag one up eventually just to paint it.

Of course, I skipped all the hassle and got my hands on a Robot Damashii Zeta Gundam. Crazy Obari-esque proportions, insane articulation, AND it can hold all of its weapons with relative ease. Helps when the handgrips are also on ball joints, I suppose.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh huh, RG 00R will come with GN Condensors. I was honestly expecting that to be a web exclusive.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

The proportions aren't bad on the HGUC, either. Looks like a decent kit to me. Might have to snag one up eventually just to paint it.

Of course, I skipped all the hassle and got my hands on a Robot Damashii Zeta Gundam. Crazy Obari-esque proportions, insane articulation, AND it can hold all of its weapons with relative ease. Helps when the handgrips are also on ball joints, I suppose.

Does the RD version come with the option for the long beam saber/bayonet thingy off the beam rifles? That's another thing I was a little sad about with the HGUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yep. Even lets you do it with the HML.