Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hazo posted:

On the drive home I heard both Hannity and Master Shake talk about Obama embarrassing himself at the press conference today. I just watched the CNN clips and I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Did something specific happen or are they just mad about the usual state of - Is president/- Is black/- Does not want to send more Americans to die/- Did not execute Muslim children with his bare hands on camera?

Michael Savage basically repeated what the president said "These are not humans, they're nazis in headscarves" in his opening rant. Not once did he call them Muslim but when Obama does it AHHRHRGHRGRH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Radbot posted:

So do people advocating "boots on the ground" not know what happened last time we did that, or which party was in power for the vast majority of that time? I mean, I get it, "kill the darkies" resonates with a lot of folks but we just don't seem that good at it?

Conservatism can't fail. It can only be failed.

:suicide:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cythereal posted:

It's not. The War on Christmas is an arbitrary invention of right wing media as another manufactured controversy they can stoke for viewers and money.

I said a few years ago if there was a war on Christmas then Christmas won.

Cemetry Gator posted:

You know, I want to live in these people's world where the thing that I can be most angry about is someone saying "Happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." That's got to be a loving amazing world.

I mean, gently caress the international poo poo that's going on, I'll just deal with personal stuff. I would love for that to be my biggest concern. That means everything would be perfect. My health would be good, I'd be good financially, my family would be happy and healthy.

Their lives have got to be great if they can worry about this.

They worry about everything and they're loving miserable.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Harper truly is Canada's Bush. He even has the idiotic "Miss me yet?" meme squawked by morons?

He is literally the product of the neocon/religious conservative Reform and provincial parties taking over the Progressive Conservatives (usually socially neutral, sometimes progressive, but always economically conservative) in the early 2000s.

gently caress them.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Hazo posted:

On the drive home I heard both Hannity and Master Shake talk about Obama embarrassing himself at the press conference today. I just watched the CNN clips and I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Did something specific happen or are they just mad about the usual state of - Is president/- Is black/- Does not want to send more Americans to die/- Did not execute Muslim children with his bare hands on camera?

People were kinda egging him on about him not taking ISIS seriously and he was getting visibly aggravated.

El Anansi
Jan 27, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

This is the proclickiest of proclicks and the entire western world is hosed.

That atlantic article is unbelievable trash, they literally talked to one scholar of Islam, Princeton's Bernard Haykel, who (a) is an rear end in a top hat and (b) doesn't even really agree with the conclusions of the article he was quoted so extensively to support.

Mehdi Hassan did a way more thorough piece on the same subject that everyone should read. People buying ISIS's religious rhetoric at face value are getting loving played.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
How dare a sporting goods store not use the word Christmas! Jesus loved sporting goods! And Jesus loved J. Crew, because it fit with his traditional sensibilities while offering a modern palette and cut. Also, Jesus is a basic bitch.

How could Dick's and J. Crew betray Jesus and America like this?!?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

El Anansi posted:

That atlantic article is unbelievable trash, they literally talked to one scholar of Islam, Princeton's Bernard Haykel, who (a) is an rear end in a top hat and (b) doesn't even really agree with the conclusions of the article he was quoted so extensively to support.

Mehdi Hassan did a way more thorough piece on the same subject that everyone should read. People buying ISIS's religious rhetoric at face value are getting loving played.

How important is fighting specifically in the Middle East considered to ISIS? I'm still trying to resolve how the refugees, who are leaving for kuffar, are all ISIS combatants to these right wing hacks and idiots on Facebook.

Dead Cosmonaut fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 17, 2015

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

How important is fighting specifically in the Middle East considered to ISIS? I'm still trying to resolve how the refugees, who are leaving for kuffar, are all ISIS combatants to these right wing hacks and idiots on Facebook.

Well to start I can tell you it doesn't have much to do with geography

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Radbot posted:

So do people advocating "boots on the ground" not know what happened last time we did that, or which party was in power for the vast majority of that time? I mean, I get it, "kill the darkies" resonates with a lot of folks but we just don't seem that good at it?
What? We're really good at killing the darkies, it just doesn't actually do poo poo productively. Most of the people advocating it don't care though, they're just assholes.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
One would assume that most folks who want to kill Muslims want to do it because they think it'd actually make them safer, not because they're crazed, murderous lunatics. That is a big assumption though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't think it's a stretch to call the idea that our current actions in the ME make us safer on the whole a crazed idea.

From what I can tell we're doing a few obviously neccessary things, and a whole lot more that I can't rationally explain besides the insanity of the military industrial complex meeting up with the new lazy American war stance where we want impossible things, we want them now, and we don't want any of ours to die while we do it.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Just read about a new poll where the vast majority of Americans DON'T want a new ground war, but gosh you wouldn't think that watching the "journalism" on the tee vee. i think reporters and commentators are actually more bloodthirsty than regular Americans this time around.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They are like weathermen that get excited when a huge blizzard or hurricane is coming.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmao, I'm just getting around to this "Rubio bought an 80k speedboat while in debt", is the response of "its not a luxury speedboat, its a fishing boat" an actual campaign approved retort?

That seems like the sort of thing you say right before you explain yourself....not an actual explanation.

That's the theme of this primary though. All of these people are either in a death spiral of trying to be the most unhinged or they all still truly believe in Mitt Romney's etch a sketch.

And this isn't half as bad as REASONABLE SMART GUY JEB! BUSH saying maybe we should screen refugees by what religion they are.

If this thing breaks into the general and the nominee keeps getting a pass anything like this I'm not sure I could take it. I assume they won't and it's just like this right now because there's hosed up lunacy flying in every direction and no one wants to stop and read why hosed up thing number 4,278 is a campaign breaker.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Like...if Rubio gets through, am I unreasonable in expecting the press to ask him why he declared verifiable expense records figments of liberal imaginations in that debate?

As in, besides any sparring he or the media want to do over the actual financials...would he get through the general without anyone asking about THAT specifically?

Or should I expect that he'll get away with it and paul krugman will just blog about it in agony?

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Of course after the nomination the GOP candidate will transparently moderate to the center and the press will ignore past lunatic statements because it's natural for things to change in the general campaign you see, and candidates "evolve" and we musn't judge them too harshly for it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

beatlegs posted:

Just read about a new poll where the vast majority of Americans DON'T want a new ground war, but gosh you wouldn't think that watching the "journalism" on the tee vee. i think reporters and commentators are actually more bloodthirsty than regular Americans this time around.
I expect public opinion to shift as every media personality starts talking about how the debate is between some war, or total war, and everyone just kind of shifts opinions slightly.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

I must tell you this Sheen story has put me over the edge. No WONDER the Islamists of ISIS laugh at us. No wonder they call us infidels in our land of “prostitution and vice.” No wonder they believe they can easily defeat us. Look around at what our culture has become. Soft and weak, in the land of “participation trophies” and “safe places” and “gun-free zones.” It’s despicable, and makes me want to hang my head in my hands and weep for the great nation that once was. But perhaps change is afoot. I pray it is. Perhaps Americans are beginning to wake up and say no more. Perhaps that’s the reason Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz lead in the polls. Perhaps that’s the reason over half of the states in this nation have said no to accepting Syrian refugees. I surely hope so.

http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/11/what-charlie-sheen-just-announced-may-help-isis-recruitment/

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Yes, and perhaps monkeys might fly out of my butt.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

"ISIS is right." - An actual war criminal

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

We have an entire state that bills itself as the land of prostitution and vice. But somehow one man contracting HIV is what sent us over the edge.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Allen West posted:

I must tell you this Sheen story has put me over the edge. No WONDER the Islamists of ISIS laugh at us. No wonder they call us infidels in our land of “prostitution and vice.” No wonder they believe they can easily defeat us. Look around at what our culture has become. Soft and weak, in the land of “participation trophies” and “safe places” and “gun-free zones.” It’s despicable, and makes me want to hang my head in my hands and weep for the great nation that once was. But perhaps change is afoot. I pray it is. Perhaps Americans are beginning to wake up and say no more. Perhaps that’s the reason Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz lead in the polls. Perhaps that’s the reason over half of the states in this nation have said no to accepting Syrian refugees. I surely hope so.
Is there any task Allen West can do where he isn't a disgraceful piece of poo poo?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Acquilae posted:

Is there any task Allen West can do where he isn't a disgraceful piece of poo poo?

"What a world we live in when actually help people treat their illnesses instead of letting them die in a ditch. loving pussies."

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 17, 2015

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I thought CNN was Fox on Sirius today. They are working really hard at laying the groundwork for the US invading Syria. It was a literal parade of "experts" testifying that we can do nothing to protect ourselves from ISIS attacks across the US and that regular attacks on our soft targets will be "the new normal" unless we do everything possible to stop ISIS immediately.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

A War Criminal posted:

Perhaps that’s the reason Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz lead in the polls.

They lead in polls over other crazy people. Unless I've missed some fairly dramatic swings, all three of those get crushed in the general by Hillary according to any polling that happens outside of Karl Rove's head.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Helen Highwater posted:

They lead in polls over other crazy people. Unless I've missed some fairly dramatic swings, all three of those get crushed in the general by Hillary according to any polling that happens outside of Karl Rove's head.

It's all math that makes idiots feel better.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Helen Highwater posted:

Karl Rove, the master of neocon strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLV7nqD3CA

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Bait and Swatch posted:

I thought CNN was Fox on Sirius today. They are working really hard at laying the groundwork for the US invading Syria. It was a literal parade of "experts" testifying that we can do nothing to protect ourselves from ISIS attacks across the US and that regular attacks on our soft targets will be "the new normal" unless we do everything possible to stop ISIS immediately.

The incredible cynic in me thinks they just want the ratings that a ground war would inevitably bring. Cable news is becoming increasingly irrelevant and that last time people actually watched CNN is 2003.

The more likely answer is that the talking heads need to seem Serious and that means Hard Decisions about sacrificing civil liberties and kids that aren't yours.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Like...if Rubio gets through, am I unreasonable in expecting the press to ask him why he declared verifiable expense records figments of liberal imaginations in that debate?

As in, besides any sparring he or the media want to do over the actual financials...would he get through the general without anyone asking about THAT specifically?

Or should I expect that he'll get away with it and paul krugman will just blog about it in agony?

He made a comment about how he and his family had humble origins and he just sold a house where he lived that was 6 blocks from where he grew up to show that he remembered the struggle of having a poor upbringing.

He didnt mention that house was sold for 600k. And he LOST money on the deal.

So he has and will continue to get away with it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I cant even figure out how to joke about Allen West accusing anyone of being a hapless terrorist recruitment posterboy. I love this country.

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

Oh god, he is literally blaming Charlie Sheen for terrorism. I mean... I am just....

:suicide:

Are there no depths to which they won't sink or stupidities they won't pander to? If I went to Roger Ailes today and said "Hey Rog, I got a great new bit for a segment. We blame watermelon in the darkies diet for their laziness/stealing/gang raping/abusing SNAP. It'll be great." He'd say no? Right? RIGHT??? PLEASE!

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

OxySnake posted:

He made a comment about how he and his family had humble origins and he just sold a house where he lived that was 6 blocks from where he grew up to show that he remembered the struggle of having a poor upbringing.

He didnt mention that house was sold for 600k. And he LOST money on the deal.

So he has and will continue to get away with it.

Even if we grant him his "poor upbringing" argument, you would think he would appreciate how difficult the struggles of poverty and make him more willing to offer help and assistance not less. What is it about conservative blowhards that make them believe in this radical individualism in America. No one makes it on there own. Everyone has a parent, a mentor, a good friend, a professor, a teacher, a boss, someone who gave them a hand along the way. I just don't understand this obsession with "self-made, rugged individualistic man" concept. It's not just a woefully ignorant conception of humanity, it's also pretty loving dangerous.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

So this is what the conservative movement has come to.

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/11/250238-what-defeating-isis-would-look-like/

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Guys I realize West is an rear end in a top hat but it was posted by the editor in chief.

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

Look at this tag line. JUST LOOK

"Kurt Schlichter is a trial lawyer in Los Angeles, California. A retired U.S. Army infantry colonel, he is the author of Conservative Insurgency:The Struggle to Take America Back 2009-2041."

He has to be self-aware of how ironic that tag line is with that article right?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Doctor Butts posted:

Guys I realize West is an rear end in a top hat but it was posted by the editor in chief.

Fine: Michele Hickford, Employee of Noted War Criminal Allen West

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Haha holy :lol:

How the gently caress does this :fap: poo poo get published??

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I do sort of appreciate how there's a bit of pushback about the GOP's openly racist anti-refugee stance. Levin was whining on his show about people (rightfully) calling conservatives anti-American for the whole thing about "give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses... except for ones from certain religions or from certain countries, cause gently caress those guys."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

El Anansi posted:

Thank you for those two followup articles. The original is now even more scary.