Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I wonder if bandai's engineer's will go completely bonkers and attempt to finally have the gold trim on the rg sinanju be a separate piece this will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It will ship with a vial of gold paint and a folded note that says "We give up - Bandai designers"

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MJP posted:

What were you using to do the lining in terms of paint brand? Also what make/model of lighter fluid?

That's the thing, all the same stuff I've used before and had perfect results with, so it must have been an issue of technique. Humbrol gloss clear for the topcoat, tha Tamiya preformulated liner and just regular-rear end lighter fluid.

Sleeves trim: separate pieces already put together, like the inner frame of the RG. Now that's some fancy tech.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I could see them going with that neo-System Injection tech they're using for those new SEED busts... problem being that gold plastic tends to look like craaaap.

E: FB

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

EthanSteele posted:

That's the thing, all the same stuff I've used before and had perfect results with, so it must have been an issue of technique. Humbrol gloss clear for the topcoat, tha Tamiya preformulated liner and just regular-rear end lighter fluid.

Sleeves trim: separate pieces already put together, like the inner frame of the RG. Now that's some fancy tech.

My understanding of the Tamiya panel lining stuff - the premades, anyway - is that it needs enamel thinner for cleanup. Maybe give that a shot? Also shake the hell out of the panel liner?

I hate to be pedantic but you could do an enamel pin wash with any normal enamel paint and turpenoid lighter fluid, which can be had for cheap at 7-11.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The heights are always just asspulled BS anyway. The gundam's original height is just some jet fighter's length, the Zeta and ZZ are references to the years the anime came out, and pretty much everything else is kind of fudged. The designers, 9 times out of 10 aren't even thinking about the height that much.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Mine arrived, and holy crap the manual on this thing is amazing. It blows all of the lovely black-and-white folded-up-pieces-of-paper I've gotten away. Full color, clear instructions, high quality finished product pictures, paints used (though they don't show the ratios, and it's all in chinese), and even a preview page for their next two projects: the Origin versions of the RX-78-2 and Char's Zaku II, and Sazabi vKa.

The kit itself is super cool too. Besides the main head, they provided two alternative heads. And I don't even need to choose which one to build, they have it set up so I can build all three if I really wanted to. Also some metal thrusters, though I probably won't use them.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that thing is amazing looking

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MJP posted:

My understanding of the Tamiya panel lining stuff - the premades, anyway - is that it needs enamel thinner for cleanup. Maybe give that a shot? Also shake the hell out of the panel liner?

I hate to be pedantic but you could do an enamel pin wash with any normal enamel paint and turpenoid lighter fluid, which can be had for cheap at 7-11.

I'm the UK and really don't trust myself with that sort of thing. It's worked perfectly fine before, I might not have given it a good shake though and that combined with messing up the gloss layer could have done it. I definitely leaning towards messing up the gloss layer cos it didn't even want to get in the grooves on a couple of pieces.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

EthanSteele posted:

I'm the UK and really don't trust myself with that sort of thing. It's worked perfectly fine before, I might not have given it a good shake though and that combined with messing up the gloss layer could have done it. I definitely leaning towards messing up the gloss layer cos it didn't even want to get in the grooves on a couple of pieces.

I've used Tamiya for a while and you really gotta give it a good shake. Try doing a clean up and another gloss coat, sometimes I haven't covered my paint job with a gloss.

Just try a practice piece out first, don't just spray the whole kit. I've made in the mistake of putting into too much gloss, which kinda screwed up how the paint went for a while.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yaaaaaaaay, gunpla christmas came all at once :toot:

That dirt cheap GX I got to help satisfy BB's desire for everyone in the world to own one, a black camo decal sheet for my Deep Striker because I think black and red would look good on it, some fancy Ex-S decals to give it a unique identity from my S, and a free Ex-S head for the Deep Striker because hey why not, free is free, even if I'm not gonna use it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yesssssss.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the sinanju gold trim is actually molded. unbelievable, the balls, on bandai.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Oh of course Bandai makes a new Deathscythe Hell in their lamest Gunpla line...

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

muike posted:

the sinanju gold trim is actually molded. unbelievable, the balls, on bandai.

I thought you were kidding then I saw the kit. Bandai you crazy bastard.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
That means a new definition of sticker hell, though. Be less trouble to paint it.

I assume Revive Shiki is not HG#200?

edit: wrong on both counts!

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 12, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
lol at the Akihiro bust barely fitting on the stand

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bimmi posted:

That means a new definition of sticker hell, though. Be less trouble to paint it.

Actually, I think it's all plastic for Sinanju's black as well judging from the pictures.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bimmi posted:

huh? how is getting it premolded in gold more trouble than painting it?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

TaurusOxford posted:

Actually, I think it's all plastic for Sinanju's black as well judging from the pictures.

I... I think you're right. Okay, that's loving crazy.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Monaghan posted:

I've used Tamiya for a while and you really gotta give it a good shake. Try doing a clean up and another gloss coat, sometimes I haven't covered my paint job with a gloss.

Just try a practice piece out first, don't just spray the whole kit. I've made in the mistake of putting into too much gloss, which kinda screwed up how the paint went for a while.

Yeah, like I said it's worked fine on the previous batch of bits, this batch was just the framey parts of the HG so the only bits that I'd really like to have the lines on are the elbows and gun. I'm just really not happy with my technique cos I have real difficulty seeing where I've sprayed unless it's super wet or a massive colour difference like spraying a really dark colour onto a white base, I need some Harry Ord special specs or something.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Yup, you can see little shadows between the black parts and the gold.

The little description says they designed the Sinanju's thrusters after rocket engines this time, so that's cool. And just like I thought, this thing loving shatters the 2500 yen price point.

Bimmi posted:

Technically? It depends on if you consider the HGUC Full Armor Unicorn [Red Frame] a new release or not. If you do, Hyaku Shiki is #200. If it isn't, it's #199.

Also I'm glad to see we've finally gotten some news of the BF OVAs. ZZ II and Gyancelot look great!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Got the GM cardigan. Should I use a black pen for the yellow lining? Or a gray pen?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I want to make babies with that RG Sinanju

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
... hmm, what's in the box?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bimmi posted:

Whatever it is, it's from ZZ...

Come on, ZZ Gundam. I'll settle for RE 1/100 Tryon 3.

Kingtheninja posted:

Got the GM cardigan. Should I use a black pen for the yellow lining? Or a gray pen?

I would probably use black.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Bimmi posted:

EWAC-Zack

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MJP posted:

EWAC-Zack

The EWAC-Zack doesn't have spiky shoulders

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The new Hyaku Shiki is indeed HG # 200 according to Bandai...which is kinda underwhelming if you ask me.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It has two 百's on its shoulders, it's a pun.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

BlitzBlast posted:

It has two 百's on its shoulders, it's a pun.

Works for me.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Stoked about revive Hyakushiki. I'll make Nils' Stark Shiki from the first Build Fighters.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also here's the preview picture of the Sazabi conversion kit I mentioned earlier:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That looks really good, I just wish I wasn't crap with resin, and I'd probably grab one.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

The new Hyaku Shiki is indeed HG # 200 according to Bandai...which is kinda underwhelming if you ask me.

It looks good, and just as a 200 I'd be fine with it, but it is kind of a disappointment. After that kind of buildup, I was kind of expecting something crazier.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 12, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

It looks good, and just as a 200 I'd be fine with it, but it is kind of a disappointment. After that kind of buildup, I was kind of expecting something crazier.

The reveal is; it's plated in real gold! :homebrew: :v:

Also why is no-one mentioning that crimson IBO Gundam covered in multiple giant switchblades? I need that thing :shepspends:.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

boom boom boom posted:

huh? how is getting it premolded in gold more trouble than painting it?

You have to not break it and get it all to snap in right.

I think.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The reveal is; it's plated in real gold! :homebrew: :v:

Also why is no-one mentioning that crimson IBO Gundam covered in multiple giant switchblades? I need that thing :shepspends:.

Apparently, it's a Build Fighters kit?

Looks neat either way.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zwingley posted:

You have to not break it and get it all to snap in right.

I think.

I would like to think Bandai has enough common sense to not let that be a problem. This isn't Kotobukiya we're dealing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Apparently, it's a Build Fighters kit?

Looks neat either way.

Nah, the banners behind it suggest that it's the villain suit from the new IBO manga (and it definitely has that Post Disaster waist). Surprised that it's showing up this early, to be honest.