Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

So the implication here seems to be that the people that will love her speech tonight are closed-minded, bigoted, unemployed and uneducated right wing nutters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

McGlockenshire posted:

So the implication here seems to be that the people that will love her speech tonight are closed-minded, bigoted, unemployed and uneducated right wing nutters?

I think professional in this sense means paid for by Soros.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Good grief. If you know liberals are going to destroy you at every turn, why even try? If life is so pointless why not just lay down and die? :smith:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/LionelMedia/status/755163148114624512

Guys is this true?

Are we all going to make fun of Trump's wife tonight?

Was there a memo I missed? DAMNIT!

I don't think there's any indictment you could make of her more damning than "You married Donald Trump."

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

VH4Ever posted:

You seem to be discounting the idea that racism has blinded these morons into complete delusional myopia. See: Romney and his campaign's understanding of their polling numbers right up until the moment Obama stomped him in swing states line a narc at a biker rally.

It just occurred to me that if Trump loses, it's totally possible for him to declare that he only lost because of voter fraud, and contest the results of the election. He already did that in the primary, and this time right-wing bogeyman Hillary Clinton is his opponent. He's totally going to do it, isn't he? This is the dude that openly lied about having teams finding evidence that Obama's birth certificate wasn't real.

It'll be liked "unskewed polls", but ten times worse. The GOP base is even primed for this after years of conspiracy theories about ACORN, voter fraud by mexicans, and hatred of the Clintons.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

McGlockenshire posted:

They prefer "southern gentlemen."

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Periodiko posted:

It just occurred to me that if Trump loses, it's totally possible for him to declare that he only lost because of voter fraud, and contest the results of the election. He already did that in the primary, and this time right-wing bogeyman Hillary Clinton is his opponent. He's totally going to do it, isn't he? This is the dude that openly lied about having teams finding evidence that Obama's birth certificate wasn't real.

It'll be liked "unskewed polls", but ten times worse. The GOP base is even primed for this after years of conspiracy theories about ACORN, voter fraud by mexicans, and hatred of the Clintons.

It's 100% inevitable that this will happen. I also predict he will refuse to give a congratulatory call to Clinton or give a concession speech.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

I'm fuckin old.

https://twitter.com/WillWhitson/status/755138080743587844?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Periodiko posted:

I don't think Trump REALLY wants to president much like how the Brexit politicians didn't really want leave to win. If he loses he will probably yell a lot about fraud and how he was cheated but not actually go about forcing a recount unless it's Gore/Bush close and the GOP forces his hand..

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump inspires only the finest of Americans to finally be heard and make themselves known!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Trump inspires only the finest of Americans to finally be heard and make themselves known!

Unlike those open-minded diversity-loving professional lefties.

Wait, it's not that they're being sarcastic...they actually think those things are bad. :psypop:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So apparently a poo poo load of major players in the GOP are not only refusing to endorse Trump but aren't even showing up to the convention. A few made excuses but one dude literally said "he's going fishing." Like for real..."gently caress this poo poo, I'm going fishing." He even specifically, to reiterate, said he's going to go fly fishing, to really drive it home. "Yeah no I'm not joking. I'm going to go catch fish instead of hail the Pumpkin King." OK he didn't say that specifically but it seems to be the idea.

I really, really, really want to see how the right wing hate machine spins this one.

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/18/486398726/dumpster-fires-fishing-and-travel-these-republicans-are-sitting-out-the-rnc

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nonsense posted:

I am really worried that these guys will just explode this November. I'm not joking when I say that there will be riots and hate crime massacres once their orange savior falls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/LionelMedia/status/755163148114624512

Guys is this true?

Are we all going to make fun of Trump's wife tonight?

Was there a memo I missed? DAMNIT!

What? Seriously? That's so rude! She hasn't done anything worthy of scorn besides her marriage right?

Just look, she seems like such a nice lady. :)

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

RareAcumen posted:

What? Seriously? That's so rude! She hasn't done anything worthy of scorn besides her marriage right?

I can't find a source for it, so I'm thinking this probably isn't a legitimate quote. Unless that's :thejoke:

Polybius91 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 19, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Polybius91 posted:

I can't find a source for it, though I'm thinking this probably isn't a legitimate quote. Unless that's :thejoke:

Never give a Trump the benefit of the doubt.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RareAcumen posted:

Is that real, that sounds way to openly racist, even for Trumps.

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

Geostomp posted:

Never give a Trump the benefit of the doubt.
By the same token, I think we've already gotten enough 100% confirmed genuine awful poo poo from Trump and co. that we don't need to jump on unproven claims :shobon:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Polybius91 posted:

I can't find a source for it, so I'm thinking this probably isn't a legitimate quote. Unless that's :thejoke:

Didn't you get the memo? Facts don't mean anything anymore!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/paulonabike/status/755169257386717184

Steve King has the IQ of a lima bean.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Keeshhound posted:

I think he meant "wouldn't it be illegal to use public resources to send kids to a museum which endorses a specific religion?"

No, and I don't know why you'd think so. Hell, that would make all the field trips that involve visits to historic churches or other religion-focused things illegal too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/755067767913578496

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

fishmech posted:

No, and I don't know why you'd think so. Hell, that would make all the field trips that involve visits to historic churches or other religion-focused things illegal too.

There's a world of difference between "hey, this is a historic site related to this religion," and "this museum teaches the bible as literal truth."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Keeshhound posted:

There's a world of difference between "hey, this is a historic site related to this religion," and "this museum teaches the bible as literal truth."

Also a pretty clear legal distinction. Public schools are completely welcome to teach the bible as a historical document, just not as a religious one. Works the same with field trips.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

personaly i would rather of had the rice family speak. but Walsh is still a bigoted oval office.

are we sure he doesnt have robes in his closet? jesus.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Now, let's be fair, his IQ is probably closer to that of a cantaloupe.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

personaly i would rather of had the rice family speak. but Walsh is still a bigoted oval office.

are we sure he doesnt have robes in his closet? jesus.

I for one appreciate the dude just straight up said "I am a white supremacist" on national tv like it aint no thing

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I for one appreciate the dude just straight up said "I am a white supremacist" on national tv like it aint no thing

Not quite! Not quite. Zeno's arrow, it never quite gets there.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/dlind/status/755183202185121792

Very related

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Keeshhound posted:

Not as far as "is it legal to go on a field trip here" goes. Seriously I don't understand why you think it's reasonable to conclude going to a stupid museum must be illegal if it's also religous. It's a terrible idea, sure, and if had a kid and they brought home a paper asking permission for it I'd be calling up the teacher expecting a drat good explanation!

But illegal? Not at all.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

fishmech posted:

Not as far as "is it legal to go on a field trip here" goes. Seriously I don't understand why you think it's reasonable to conclude going to a stupid museum must be illegal if it's also religous. It's a terrible idea, sure, and if had a kid and they brought home a paper asking permission for it I'd be calling up the teacher expecting a drat good explanation!

But illegal? Not at all.

You say this like there isn't actual precedent for this being completely untrue

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

King has always been a bigoted gently caress face. probably the most bigoted for the cruz Triumvirate.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Guys, I can't watch videos or access twitter reliably, what did Eric Andre do? Please tell me -and god bless.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You say this like there isn't actual precedent for this being completely untrue

Because there isn't. There's nothing illegal about a public school field trip going somewhere explicitly religious. It's simply a stupid idea to do.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

I'm pretty sure this guy had a morning show on Air America before it went under.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dead black man = alive white man.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

N. Senada posted:

Guys, I can't watch videos or access twitter reliably, what did Eric Andre do? Please tell me -and god bless.

he jumped up on a fringe stage with alex jones and said some nonsense

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

honestly a bit underwhelmed by the Eric Andre thing

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

King has always been a bigoted gently caress face. probably the most bigoted for the cruz Triumvirate.

The Confederate flag thing was so poisonous that the Republican governor of Iowa came out and all but called him an idiot for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

honestly a bit underwhelmed by the Eric Andre thing