Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$80 for the shark? Doesn't look like that many pieces. Maybe it is bigger than it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
E: nevermind

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 21, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Got my $18 shipped "box of 300+" canopies today. Dude was playing fast and loose with his description of "canopy" as there are plenty of random trans blocks and even a few single studs in there, but goddamn I could not be happier with this purchase nonetheless. MOC spaceships for life here.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That looks like a couple hundred dollars worth of parts. Good job.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah good haul! Looks like a hail fire droid wheel back there, canopy... haha

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

uXs posted:

I'm holding off on building some sets right now because of lack of space and incoming renovations, but this Saturn V thing is sitting here looking very seductive. It's not that big, right?

I just finished it and I have no idea where I'm gunna put it now...had a grab an old side table out of the closet to to get it off my coffee table.

It'll most likely go horizontal on the bottom shelf of the tv stand.

e: Yeah that works, it's almost too big for there too.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 21, 2017

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Plinkey posted:

I just finished it and I have no idea where I'm gunna put it now...had a grab an old side table out of the closet to to get it off my coffee table.

Forget about the space ship, tell us more about the tube amp and what you plug into it :swoon:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ultimate Mango posted:

Forget about the space ship, tell us more about the tube amp and what you plug into it :swoon:

Lol, it's way less cool than you think, but it does sound really good for music with the right speakers (I recommend the MICCAs).

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-113194-Amplifier-Stereo-Bluetooth/dp/B016YS9CSW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1500608790&sr=8-5&keywords=tube+amp

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E7H8GG2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I right now it's hooked up to my TV and I use it for Blue Tooth stuff.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mentioned last night that the set my gf is building was missing the stickers. Well it turns out it has an extra piece beyond the normal extra pieces. I mean an extra piece that doesn't even belong in the set. One of the dogs from the friends sets is in there. Very strange.

E: turns out it does go in the set. There is one picture at the back where it is just sitting there in the pic. It's not shown anywhere else. What a weird set. Note: it's the BBT set. The one with a whole set of kitchen stuff with no kitchen or place to put the items. And 4 pens with spots for 2. And a dog. No dog on the show. This set is bad and makes no sense.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 21, 2017

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
'sup tube amp & Saturn V buddy :hf:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Plinkey posted:

The perfect day (and time!) to finish it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Colonial Air Force posted:

The perfect day (and time!) to finish it

The rocket should be finished before launch.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Waltzing Along posted:

Mentioned last night that the set my gf is building was missing the stickers. Well it turns out it has an extra piece beyond the normal extra pieces. I mean an extra piece that doesn't even belong in the set. One of the dogs from the friends sets is in there. Very strange.

E: turns out it does go in the set. There is one picture at the back where it is just sitting there in the pic. It's not shown anywhere else. What a weird set. Note: it's the BBT set. The one with a whole set of kitchen stuff with no kitchen or place to put the items. And 4 pens with spots for 2. And a dog. No dog on the show. This set is bad and makes no sense.

Ideas sets don't have stickers.

Pens and knicknacks are always things that lego ships extras for.. unless the parts manifest says 4 pens.
The set itself is not the "house" but the camera stage where they film the show, dog is a production dog or some poo poo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It comes with stickers. I was surprised, too.

http://tinyurl.com/yam8m8n2

As for the pens, there are 4 different colored ones. But the set only uses 2. I'm guessing because the bag comes with all 4 in it.

Probably the same thing for the kitchen gear. It was all in one bag but the set only seems to use the forks.

Still dumb.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Erm, Raj has his dog Princess or whatever her name is.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Man, people weren't kidding about the Tower Bridge being a tedious build. It's been a week and I'm still less than two thirds of the way through.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's best built with somebody else as it is a symmetrical build. The girlfriend and I needed 7.5h and hated cheese wedges afterwards.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

My partner is wonderfully tolerant of my habit, but has absolutely zero interest in taking part with me.

I finished it tonight. It's a remarkable model, but it's loving massive and I have no idea where to put it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

GlenMR posted:

My partner is wonderfully tolerant of my habit, but has absolutely zero interest in taking part with me.

I finished it tonight. It's a remarkable model, but it's loving massive and I have no idea where to put it.

Put it in the middle of the bed. It would be symbolic.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "docking"

Now I want to put my kid's Silent Mary on the Saturn V like the scene from Dr Strangelove.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waltzing Along posted:

Put it in the middle of the bed underneath the covers suggestively tenting the blanket above your crotch and make little suggestive eyebrow wiggles at them. It would be symbolic.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my gf is more into Lego than I am. I just kind of buy a set so we can build together

Machaon
Sep 2, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Got my $18 shipped "box of 300+" canopies today. Dude was playing fast and loose with his description of "canopy" as there are plenty of random trans blocks and even a few single studs in there, but goddamn I could not be happier with this purchase nonetheless. MOC spaceships for life here.

That big yellow canopy alone made that purchace worth it if you paid $18 for it. Average price on BL for that piece is ~30 bucks. The only set it was ever in is the Message Intercept Base. It's fairly rare, and if it's scratch free, quite so.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Almost worth combing my old room for those kind of bits, because I definitely have that piece and also a similar blue one I think.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They are super good for large scale space mocs so I'd say keep'em.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Tonight I noticed at my Walmart that they already have the newer batman sets on clearance. Two-faces buck loader, Banes truck, and the Batwing. Clay face was also marked down too.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

The_Doctor posted:

Lego's rage inducing SDCC exclusive minifigs continue this year.

If you really want the minifigure, there's another option:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...0608.0.0.uKzEVG

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh god, the thought of rolling onto a brick in the middle of the night. Oof.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Between sold and unsold ducks on ebay there are well over 400. How many of these things are given out/sold at comic-con? There is a major problem if over 400 are online within a day of release. That problem is that there are not nearly enough made.

It seems like comic-con is more and more becoming a place people go to get things to sell on ebay to pay for the trip.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

DrChud posted:

Tonight I noticed at my Walmart that they already have the newer batman sets on clearance. Two-faces buck loader, Banes truck, and the Batwing. Clay face was also marked down too.

Good, I want that Bane bigfig

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

Between sold and unsold ducks on ebay there are well over 400. How many of these things are given out/sold at comic-con? There is a major problem if over 400 are online within a day of release. That problem is that there are not nearly enough made.

It seems like comic-con is more and more becoming a place people go to get things to sell on ebay to pay for the trip.

Seems like it. I doubt everyone there cares about Lego.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't like that Lego perpetuates that bullshit, but the comic con stuff is never stuff I care about luckily.

If they did that with Star Wars figures I'd be ranting about it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

I don't like that Lego perpetuates that bullshit, but the comic con stuff is never stuff I care about luckily.

If they did that with Star Wars figures I'd be ranting about it.

They haven't? That's a surprise.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They've done it a few times but usually it's just Lego store exclusives that cap out at $15 on eBay or whatever. There's one chrome C3P0 that is worth like $500 bux but it's from forever ago.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't see the point of things like that. It's just plastic, run off a bunch of them. It's not like Lego makes the money, they give it away or sell it for normal price.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Cojawfee posted:

I don't see the point of things like that. It's just plastic, run off a bunch of them. It's not like Lego makes the money, they give it away or sell it for normal price.

Perception of value has to be worth something. I think of magic cards, and how old product are rarely discounted, and how they now sell limited-run masters packs for 10 bucks each, rather than the usual 4.

Seeing old Star Wars sets selling for high prices and seeing expensive mini figures makes the 4 dollar mini fig packs seem reasonable by comparison.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
If lego made a Darth Nihlus or Mara Jade figure a SDCC exclusive, I'd flip poo poo.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

Let me know if you have either of these:
4474 Trans-Dark Blue Windscreen 6 x 4 x 2 Canopy
2507 Trans-Dark Blue Windscreen 10 x 4 x 2 1/3 Canopy

I need them for this guy, https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6462-1#T=I and would rather not go buy them. I have a bunch of extra canopies and other parts to trade.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like he has the longer one at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

tomapot posted:

I have a bunch of extra canopies and other parts to trade.

Upper right, is that a 4228 blue inverted? I've needed a replacement one for my 6297 All Terrain Vehicle, for basically ever since mine originally came with a warped one.