Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Slanderer posted:

I could go into the safety aspects of this, but honestly the biggest issue is that he has tons of mixed cells (you can't really tell until the end of the video, since he puts similar cells on the exterior of the packs, presumably for cosmetic reasons). Using mismatched cells of vary ages means the individual cells might have very different full charge capacities and impedance during charge and discharge. Even he does everything safely, this will impose a bunch of restrictions on the overall capacity of the battery banks, as well as their overall efficiency.
He has another video where he explains how he tests the cells, and how he rejects something like 75-80% of all cells because they're not up to his required specs.

All his videos have really stupid titles and aren't really topic focused so I can't find it now, I just had his playlist running so I don't remember the specific video title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Jerry Cotton posted:

The gently caress does ozone smell like anyway?

It smells like ozone. It's a distinctive smell, you start to recognize it very quickly. It's that 'clean' smell in the air after a thunderstorm in low concentrations, or the sweet-burnt smell of the magic smoke leaving a blown capacitor.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

value-brand cereal posted:

Guys.... we've had it all wrong. You put the rocks INSIDE the shower/bath area, not around it.

Found the dinner table,

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Is that a whale vertebrae and maybe a coyote? skull on the left there? In the garden area, not the table.

Anyone wearing high heels to a dinner party at that table must be pro as gently caress at walking through loose gravel, lest their ankles break.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

value-brand cereal posted:

Is that a whale vertebrae and maybe a coyote? skull on the left there? In the garden area, not the table.

Anyone wearing high heels to a dinner party at that table must be pro as gently caress at walking through loose gravel, lest their ankles break.

A friend of mine got married outdoors, and had to walk across a space like that. She only fell twice on her way to the alter.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I have to admit, I do think thats a pretty sweet fuckin table.
I'd drink the poo poo out of some wine there.

I'd love it if those plants were actual vegetables though. Just tear one off and mow down while you're waiting for the main course.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Safety Dance posted:

A friend of mine got married outdoors, and had to walk across a space like that. She only fell twice on her way to the alter.

A friend of ours got married on a beach. She was smart and wore pink Doc Martens.

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

I have to admit, I do think thats a pretty sweet fuckin table.
I'd drink the poo poo out of some wine there.

I'd love it if those plants were actual vegetables though. Just tear one off and mow down while you're waiting for the main course.

Based on color, I'm guessing there are a couple kinds of lettuce (yellow-green and red towards the front), and two different types of basil (the taller, dark purple plants towards the back, and the green stuff behind that). If that's true, the rest is probably edible too.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Was in Home Depot today and they had "barn boards" for sale a.k.a stained rough-cut lumber.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

TerminalSaint posted:

Was in Home Depot today and they had "barn boards" for sale a.k.a stained rough-cut lumber.

They only sell that poo poo because they think people will buy it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
My girlfriend wants to buy some.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Thats how barn wood starts. Now go age it for 100 years.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Slugworth posted:

My girlfriend wants to buy some.
:sever:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

TerminalSaint posted:

the pre-distressed jeans of lumber

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Haifisch posted:

I'm a filthy millenial surrounded by other filthy millenials who are mostly too broke to buy houses, so maybe wallpaper just isn't on our collective radar. :shrug:

Or they paint their walls, like literally everyone(who isn't in an apartment that won't let them) around me does. Admitedly it's harder to do fancy patterns with paint, but considering how many godawful wallpaper patterns I've seen in old house photos...

Ok this is way back but back when we were dating, my wife rented this house that had nightmare wallpaper in a bunch of rooms. Here's some samples:

This last one.. close up, it's obviously little flower things. But from more than about a foot away, it looks like a wall full of skulls.

It was kind of a cool old house, it was just full of decorating/design mistakes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIfCmsM64Rk

quote:

Work with a man who's got a family member there at the District 11 office in Lufkin who said there were 5 things that went wrong: 1) tar wasn't hot enough coming out of the spigots during the 2nd application after Harvey rains destroyed the gravel and tar applied 2 weeks ago. 2) road was too cold to apply tar after days of heavy heavy rain from Harvey. They applied it early in the morning 3) they did not press gravel deeper after gravel was dumped on tar 4) no lanes were closed. Cars immediately allowed on afterwards. 5) they laid gravel about 2 weeks earlier and the company who supplied the gravel gave dirty gravel. Little dust and sand particles covering it all which didn't allow the gravel to adhere properlyto the tar during the initial application.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Elder Postsman posted:

]This last one.. close up, it's obviously little flower things. But from more than about a foot away, it looks like a wall full of skulls.

Those are obviously little Cthulhu heads.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proteus Jones posted:

Those are obviously little Cthulhu heads.

Indeed! :cthulhu:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.tokyoweekender.com/2014/07/tokyo-museum-opens-a-special-exhibition-featuring-toilets-and-poop/

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Someone's prepared for chili night.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

a kitten posted:

Ok, this isn't OSHA because it's unsafe, but it sure is some next-level bathroom design.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PerfumedConstantAzurevase.webm

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Crosspostin' from the OSHA thread. I went to a beach resort on a business trip this week, and my shower looked like this:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

More of a crappy construction worker story:

My boss was doing a site visit to a highrise under construction and while he was talking near a window with the site super they noticed what looked like rain outside the window. Rain? But it's not even cloudy. Also... is it slightly yellow? Wait, if this PISS?!?!

The guy ran up to the 10th floor like a terminator to catch a guy at the edge of the building doing his pants up. Fired him on the spot and yelled at him, was angry but also just so shocked why he would think that was an ok thing to do. From the 10th floor with a slight wind his piss misted the entire construction site below.

Now any time I walk past a construction site and there's anything dripping or I feel droplets I instantly think I'm being pissed on.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

My boss was doing a site visit to a highrise under construction and while he was talking near a window with the site super they noticed what looked like rain outside the window. Rain? But it's not even cloudy. Also... is it slightly yellow? Wait, if this PISS?!?!

The guy ran up to the 10th floor like a terminator to catch a guy at the edge of the building doing his pants up. Fired him on the spot and yelled at him, was angry but also just so shocked why he would think that was an ok thing to do. From the 10th floor with a slight wind his piss misted the entire construction site below.

Now any time I walk past a construction site and there's anything dripping or I feel droplets I instantly think I'm being pissed on.

poo poo, what's wrong with you that you don't want to piss off a 10th story building. I'm imagining how awesome it would be, knowing how amazing it feels to piss on a tree, and that's at ground level.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The Sexual Shiite posted:

poo poo, what's wrong with you that you don't want to piss off a 10th story building. I'm imagining how awesome it would be, knowing how amazing it feels to piss on a tree, and that's at ground level.

I agree with you if we were talking about solo at an abandoned site, having pissed from a few moderate cliffs I can only imagine how good it'd feel 10 stories up, but this sounds like an active construction site. Only a pane of glass separated two people from getting pissed on, apparently.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wolrah posted:

Only a pane of glass separated two people from getting pissed on, apparently.

That's pretty much "I'm naked under these clothes" territory.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Your boss is pretty lucky it wasn't crappy construction.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

That is really not a crappy construction story, I want to know what it's like to poo poo out of a 10 story window. And how the hell could the boss run up 10 flights of stairs in time to find someone still taking a leak? Unless we're talking about like a camel taking a leak takes maybe 30 seconds at most there is no way the boss could have been more than 1 or 2 floors away.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They were on like the 9th or 8th story. And no, it is not acceptable to piss on your co-workers, at least not without their express consent.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Buddy it's 2017 you can piss on the president now

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Crotch Fruit posted:

That is really not a crappy construction story, I want to know what it's like to poo poo out of a 10 story window. And how the hell could the boss run up 10 flights of stairs in time to find someone still taking a leak? Unless we're talking about like a camel taking a leak takes maybe 30 seconds at most there is no way the boss could have been more than 1 or 2 floors away.

If I'm going to piss off a building you bet your rear end I'm holding back all day so I can savor 2-3 minutes of glory.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
At least the guy didnt try to use the nonfunctional toilets to take a poo poo.

There's a reason some new construction builder-pack toilets come with a latex seal that's basically a DO NOT SHITPISS warning.

Nothing beats hooking supply lines in the Los Angeles summer while having a 4 layer fecal lasagna in the bowl next to you. Bonus maggot Olympics taking place in the bowl.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

How do you open the oven door?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Youth Decay posted:

Put a jack under the oven.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Youth Decay posted:

With a Portal gun.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Youth Decay posted:

Most oven doors lift off the hinges after you open it 6" or so.

They're not light though, so I could see how it would get old having to do it all the time. Plus, handling a hot, heavy door.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Youth Decay posted:

as long as it opens far enough to slide frozen pizzas in and out you got yourself a split-5-ways college apartment right there

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Youth Decay posted:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ovens are for hippies. Stove top only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Ovens are for hippies. Stove top only.

Yeah, no. Can't do a roast or baked chicken on stove top.