Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

pik_d posted:

I do wonder if it was a "test" in the same way that he was testing Gohan with the first blow in their spar, or if he had already decided Frost was an incompetent useless embarrassment of his race.

Knowing Frieza he possibly would have reconsidered his plans if Frost turned out to be smart but welp. Buh bye Frost, I liked your concept but in retrospect you really were just Frieza-lite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
You guys are going to think anime Ribrienne is a super well-rounded character after you see what the manga does to her

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Her last fight will probably be pretty cool when we see it in 2019 though.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Does anyone else feel like Frost is just used to show how Freeza has evolved as a character by contrast?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRVWH2uzRB8&t=513s

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

graham cracker posted:

Does anyone else feel like Frost is just used to show how Freeza has evolved as a character by contrast?
That's probably about all he was used for. Does Freeza's race have genders? Can we add Frost to the list of women fridged for character development?

e: wait there's a really good pun in here

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 13, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Freeza will get rid of anyone for Freeza.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

You guys are going to think anime Ribrienne is a super well-rounded character after you see what the manga does to her

She's probably going to get ringed out by Cabba in the background of a panel focusing on Kale crying.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

This is what I was rambling about earlier in this thread before these episodes were released. I'm surprised at the fact that they foreshadow this so early on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx7e_wXIqWA&t=360s

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Prowler posted:

This is what I was rambling about earlier in this thread before these episodes were released. I'm surprised at the fact that they foreshadow this so early on.

You know, I remember thinking Beerus was referring to Whis when he was telling Goku was his second strongest opponent, but the way he phrases it makes me wonder if there's a third party locked away somewhere in universe 7 that Beerus couldn't beat outright and Goku is gonna have to Goku at some future point.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kithkar posted:

You know, I remember thinking Beerus was referring to Whis when he was telling Goku was his second strongest opponent, but the way he phrases it makes me wonder if there's a third party locked away somewhere in universe 7 that Beerus couldn't beat outright and Goku is gonna have to Goku at some future point.

They foreshadowed that too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liQYwk8UdCY&t=118s

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i liked the parallels between jiren using what we now know as UI to dodge/not move and know it wasn't gonna hit him w/r/t the blocks the destroyers were throwing around at the start of the tournament and then later goku similarly casually walking away from the justice flash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

i liked the parallels between jiren using what we now know as UI to dodge/not move and know it wasn't gonna hit him w/r/t the blocks the destroyers were throwing around at the start of the tournament and then later goku similarly casually walking away from the justice flash

Do we know Jiren is using UI? The GoDs seemed pretty stunned that Goku could use it, so I think Jiren busting it out would get a reaction

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kashuno posted:

Do we know Jiren is using UI? The GoDs seemed pretty stunned that Goku could use it, so I think Jiren busting it out would get a reaction

It took them a while to recognize Goku was using it. Maybe they just chalked it up to Jiren being just that fast/strong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

It took them a while to recognize Goku was using it. Maybe they just chalked it up to Jiren being just that fast/strong.

It took Whis, Beerus, and GP like..10 seconds real time or 3 minutes in the anime. Belmod even panics upon hearing it mentioned. I don't think Jiren is using UI

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 13, 2017

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Yeah but Monaka is clearly beerus loving with Goku to motivate him. I’m wondering if there’s a real someone stronger.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Kithkar posted:

Yeah but Monaka is clearly beerus loving with Goku to motivate him. I’m wondering if there’s a real someone stronger.

I wanted to believe Beerus knew of someone stronger, but it's awful dumb if he didn't call him in for the Tournament of Power.

Maybe the strongest guy he fought is long dead, or he really did mean Whis.

or toriyama just threw that line out there and it doesnt mean anything gently caress this

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Half of Dracula posted:

or toriyama just threw that line out there and it doesnt mean anything gently caress this

bing bing bing

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Wasn't it fairly clear that he just lied to motivate Goku, and then had to drag Monaka into everything to keep the lie going?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Prowler posted:

Oh drat that's cool

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I figured he was talking about someone in some other universe (whether a destructor god or ningen).

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I thought he was just talking about Whis? It seemed pretty clear to me at the time, anyway.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nah it couldn't have been Whis, since they were talking about the person as if they weren't there with them.

At least, if my memory is correct anyways. I have no idea what episode it actually was

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Who cares Beerus isn't even in the top 10 so there are tons of people who would kick his butt into the ground

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah in episode 29 Beerus tells Goku that Monaka was the strongest person he ever fought, and that Goku was just #2

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
So some Friezachat. We all know that Frieza has stupendous endurance. He’s survived being cut into pieces, cut into more pieces (which were vaporized), the vacuum of space, being on an exploding planet, killed a couple times. He used the torments of hell as meditation training. Now he’s immune to Hakai destruction.

What if Frieza’s “spirit bomb survival” Ultra Instinct moment is resisting erasure? It would be the logical progression of his durability while giving him no tangible benefit in a fight. The gods, however, would freak the gently caress out because their trump cards don’t work and they lose absolute power over a mortal for the first time ever. If Jiren is stronger than a GoD and Goku is the first mortal to attain UI, maybe Frieza can be the only mortal with erasure immunity.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

he's not immune to hakai destruction, he was able to resist a quantifiable amount of hakai energy

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I want to see Buu absorb Freeza and then have Freeza be powerful enough to assume control

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait can Fat Buu even absorb people?

Like did we ever see him even try to do that?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Wait can Fat Buu even absorb people?

Like did we ever see him even try to do that?

Yes, because Fat Buu is the result of Kid Buu absorbing people :v:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Fat Buu is the best idea because any bad guy you could conceivably want Buu to steal you a win against by absorbing him would also be an even worse problem once Buu' s personality shifts to reflect his more evil side. Also p.s. he is gonna be stronger now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Buu should absorb Zen-oh.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Buu should absorb Zen-oh.

Isn't Zen Buu a thing in that one DBZ fan comic? Maybe they had inside info all along... :aaaaa:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Jiren's eyes flashed red both times he went into hyper speed mode, if he's not using UI itself he's at least using something approaching it

And regarding Frieza yeah I don't think we should assume too much about surviving a single destruction kai blast, a GoD in front of him putting their back into it would probably be a different story. Looking forward to seeing the inevitable evolution of Golden Frieza and whatever that may bring though

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
More energy swords please those are dope

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Yesh posted:

So some Friezachat. We all know that Frieza has stupendous endurance. He’s survived being cut into pieces, cut into more pieces (which were vaporized), the vacuum of space, being on an exploding planet, killed a couple times. He used the torments of hell as meditation training. Now he’s immune to Hakai destruction.

What if Frieza’s “spirit bomb survival” Ultra Instinct moment is resisting erasure? It would be the logical progression of his durability while giving him no tangible benefit in a fight. The gods, however, would freak the gently caress out because their trump cards don’t work and they lose absolute power over a mortal for the first time ever. If Jiren is stronger than a GoD and Goku is the first mortal to attain UI, maybe Frieza can be the only mortal with erasure immunity.

Can you really say he "survived" getting killed though? Like, what metric are you using here?

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

HitTheTargets posted:

Can you really say he "survived" getting killed though? Like, what metric are you using here?

He's pretty good at manipulating idiots to revive him, I mean he's beating up and torturing dudes for the pleasure of genocidal child gods which seems like a decent metric idk

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Freeza has only been revived once so far and it was by the tiny remnants of his army that only did so because they were all weak as hell without him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

Freeza has only been revived once so far and it was by the tiny remnants of his army that only did so because they were all weak as hell without him.

Being turned into a cyborg sort of count as being revived. Also I think he was revived and teamed up with Hitler in one of the movies? I donno I am pretty vague on those they make no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rutibex posted:

Being turned into a cyborg sort of count as being revived. Also I think he was revived and teamed up with Hitler in one of the movies? I donno I am pretty vague on those they make no sense.

The cyborg thing was done by his dad (and also I wouldn't really count it) and movies don't count as cannon.