Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Are any of y'all reading the Viz translations for this stuff? Do they come much later than MangaStream? I don't know if I'm just being finicky but I find this manga a lot less readable since Fallen Angels stopped working on it.

I've never read the MS scanslations, but I find the Viz one eminently readable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is why you should worry if Mangastream ever picks up your preferred series. They loving suck.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think FA quit because their raw provider got arrested afaik

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think it was stated in the official translation that she can annihilate and rewind.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eri's quirk gives her complete dominion over all quirk-based transformations. She can turn Overhaul back into a normal man but she cannot heal Nighteye because he was spiked to death or fix Mirio because he got shot.

Also her nails can reflect laser beams.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Eri's grandfather says she has the power to annihilate and Chisaki after studying it describes it as a Quirk that rewinds. There's still a lot to find out about how it works and how effective it is and what exactly it can do though. The bullets reverting someone to their pre-Quirk state makes sense given what we know now but kind of poorly meshes with what they've been described as up until now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It also depends on the details of the rewind. Like, what if it rewinds the quirk factor to the point of unmaking itself like how she accidentally rewinded her dad out of existence? No unrewinding would help in that scenario.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kyte posted:

It also depends on the details of the rewind. Like, what if it rewinds the quirk factor to the point of unmaking itself like how she accidentally rewinded her dad out of existence? No unrewinding would help in that scenario.

I'm thinking it must be closer to that based on how they talked about the incomplete rounds destroying or degrading the Quirk cells. It also doesn't make sense for the incomplete rounds to still totally remove someones quirk for a short amount of time.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

I'm thinking it must be closer to that based on how they talked about the incomplete rounds destroying or degrading the Quirk cells. It also doesn't make sense for the incomplete rounds to still totally remove someones quirk for a short amount of time.

they said it "attacked" the quirk factor. them not understanding the method of the attack seems perfectly plausible. Also the bullets are a chemically refined version of her quirk meant to target the quirk factor specifically so it can probably do some chemical bs to make the effect permenant

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe her dad's quirk was existing and when she nullified that he disappeared.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Radish posted:

Maybe her dad's quirk was existing and when she nullified that he disappeared.

Lmao

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Neito posted:

I've never read the MS scanslations, but I find the Viz one eminently readable.

Speaking of Viz, when signing up for Shonen Jump how do you tell them you don't want their yearly Yu-gi-oh cards?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what if they shot hagakure with the quirk reversal bullet and it turned out she was a dog

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

RatHat posted:

Speaking of Viz, when signing up for Shonen Jump how do you tell them you don't want their yearly Yu-gi-oh cards?

I've heard you can sell the cards on ebay for a quick buck, call it a discount.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, I was gonna say, just buy a sleeve and a hardcase somewhere and sell it to some dumbo on ebay.

Don't wait too long, though. With how fast the power creep goes these days, Yugioh cards age like milk.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can let them go off and turn them into stinky cheese that people buy for much more money?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How much do they sell for? If it's like $10 I'm not going to bother.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You can let them go off and turn them into stinky cheese that people buy for much more money?
Yes, but only certain ones.

A bit of checking, and a 1st Edition Blue Eyes White Dragon goes for about the same price as a 1st Edition Charizard.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are showing up.

Eri is going to help Deku go 100% full cowl I guess

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RatHat posted:

How much do they sell for? If it's like $10 I'm not going to bother.

This next one might go for 50 if you wait a month or two. The last one was like 50-80 until it got reprinted. Now its 30.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers are showing up.

Eri is going to help Deku go 100% full cowl I guess

Oh dear god

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Yes, but only certain ones.

A bit of checking, and a 1st Edition Blue Eyes White Dragon goes for about the same price as a 1st Edition Charizard.

Really? All the Kaiba starter decks had a Blue Eyes in them. How are they rare like Charizard?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Really? All the Kaiba starter decks had a Blue Eyes in them. How are they rare like Charizard?

I don't think those were first editions. I don't remember mine saying 1st edition underneath the picture anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sub Harrison posted:

The ones from starter decks are always non-foil.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RatHat posted:

The ones from starter decks are always non-foil.

I always remember the top card of the starter deck being foil.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Oh dear god

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sounds like a good chapter is on its way.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

http://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/157/4641/1

yeehaw deku gets to wreck himself as much as he wants now!!!!!!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this retroactively makes that stupid child endangerment argument from earlier extra hilarious

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Aurora posted:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

this retroactively makes that stupid child endangerment argument from earlier extra hilarious

A) Force Eri to work against her will

B) Keep her somewhere safe

C) Carry her into battle against a huge chimera-beast

Gotta do something with her, I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

Boku no Hero Academia: Shark Jumping 75%!

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 20, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nighteye's looking better than I expected tbh. And I was already expecting him to be mostly alright.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Oh hey I was right. Maybe it was fairly obvious but I always had the inclination that after all the "cursed" quirk talk her power was actually going to be capable of helping and healing all the people who sacrificed themselves to save her. Rewinding is an interesting way to convey a healing type quirk.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Interesting that she could actually rewind someone to a primitive state. I am guessing how the quirk destoryer works is that it rewinds them to the type of humans who did not have quirks.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Isn't this a power that showed up in Accel World before? Whatsherface, the healer girl, who they thought had a healing power at first but it was actually a rewind power she used to save the day in the second arc?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
midoriya's going super saiyan

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Mikl posted:

Isn't this a power that showed up in Accel World before? Whatsherface, the healer girl, who they thought had a healing power at first but it was actually a rewind power she used to save the day in the second arc?

Basically how Orihime's power in Bleach worked as well, though more limited.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wait a minute. Lighter, spiky hair, super strong, basically indestructible... Midoriya's turning into... Kirishima!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Oct 20, 2017