Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Super Saiyan Blues To You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Super Saiyan Blue Skidoo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Manatee Cannon posted:

do you think there'll be a blue 2 at all?

I like to think so, mostly because the idea of blue surrounded by electricity sounds really cool to me

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super Saiyan Blu Ray.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Super Saiyan Blues Explosion

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Super Saiyan Blues Brothers.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Vegeta's character arc in Super, if he even has one, has been incredibly subtle. It's also pretty simple. He's learning to stop using Goku as a measuring stick for himself. Compare Vegeta after Namek to Vegeta watching Ultra Instinct. Now, this could lead to Vegeta saving the day, or it could lead to Goku saving the day. Either way you can take a look at the state of his ego.

Gohan has been less of a presence throughout Super, and the show acknowledges that. This far into it, I think we can say it's not his time to shine. He hasn't gotten a build, and by trying to fight smart he isn't fighting like a shonen hero ready to go further beyond.

Freeza wins.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Raxivace posted:

Super Saiyan Blu Ray.

Apparently thread title winner. Nice.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Goku: Ultra Instinct (Omen)
Kefla: Super Saiyan No-men.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Freeza's got something going on that he hasn't revealed yet.

Dude's not an idiot. When he first encountered SSJ, despite not being able to tell power levels, he knew it was bad and tried to blow up the planet.

When Trunks went SSJ his first instinct was to blow up the planet.

When he faced Goku down he was confident because he KNEW he was way stronger than Blue and acted a lot like he did on Namek. And then the moment the flaws of his power were revealed and he was outmatched, he tried to blow up the planet.

Basically Freeza does not react well to being outmatched in a fight. The fact that he's laughing at Kefla's appearance is worrisome

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Burkion posted:

Freeza's got something going on that he hasn't revealed yet.

Dude's not an idiot. When he first encountered SSJ, despite not being able to tell power levels, he knew it was bad and tried to blow up the planet.

When Trunks went SSJ his first instinct was to blow up the planet.

When he faced Goku down he was confident because he KNEW he was way stronger than Blue and acted a lot like he did on Namek. And then the moment the flaws of his power were revealed and he was outmatched, he tried to blow up the planet.

Basically Freeza does not react well to being outmatched in a fight. The fact that he's laughing at Kefla's appearance is worrisome
So what you're saying is he's gonna blow up the arena.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I think most of us are sick of it being "the Goku show" and are looking for the whole "SURPRISE! Someone other than Goku kicks rear end!" the show itself has presented a problem that we all have addressed at one time or another of: Why is Goku never around when poo poo breaks? This would be over and done with. Super has Goku around but rather than him coming in to save the day after a long absence to make everything dire, he is around the entire time and you know already that he is going to be the savior of the day. No one besides Goku gets a real chance to shine, we all can speculate, but it seems that the writers only know to go back to the tried and true movie method of Goku being the hero. Before Super is over, if anyone actually surpasses Goku and is able to defeat someone besides an obvious henchman, I would be amazed.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't think Frieza has any new Platinum form, he's just gotten some character development so he's less likely to pitch a poo poo-fit. He wants to lay low, so doing something like nuking the arena would be pretty bad.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I think Freeza's plan isn't so much having an ace up his sleeve (that said I do think he has something up his sleeve like having stored that Hakai energy) but more waiting for the ones that can actually challenge him to wear down eachother and then going in for the kill.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Justin_Brett posted:

I don't think Frieza has any new Platinum form, he's just gotten some character development so he's less likely to pitch a poo poo-fit. He wants to lay low, so doing something like nuking the arena would be pretty bad.

Yeah I'm just assuming he's on his best behavior right now because there's about 20 people there that can easily beat/erase his rear end

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I wouldn't say that I don't think Freeza's got ANYTHING tricky up his sleeve, but I'd sooner attribute him not freaking out over Jiren or Kefla to him knowing that they're not currently aiming at him and that he doesn't need to kill them directly to win the tournament.

I mean I'm sure he's still plotting his ascension to evil divinity and everyone else's slow demise, let's not get too crazy here

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rutibex posted:

Vegits is going ssj green.

with envy, for Goku

I'm torn on how I feel about body shapes in Super. On the one hand, Caulifla's tiny body and huge hair is neat.

On the other hand, buff Krillin is my favorite Krillin

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Freeza is going to blow up the Earth moments before Baba takes him back to Hell

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frieza's plan is to wait for Goku to beat everyone and wear himself out, knowing that he, Goku, and probably Jiren will be the last three remaining. then he will take out Goku to ensure he's the winner of the wish

the thing is this isnt going to play out how he wants it to, and hes going to end up having to actually help Goku fight Jiren. which will infect him with the Fighting Mans Virus and he will become another rival of Goku and go live with Piccolo in the woods

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Squallege posted:

Speaking of this, does this mean King Yemma is more powerful than the likes of Frieza and Cell? I mean I imagine they'd fight back against him when they reach his desk, yet get punished anyway, so he must be able to subdue them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Frieza's plan is to wait for Goku to beat everyone and wear himself out, knowing that he, Goku, and probably Jiren will be the last three remaining. then he will take out Goku to ensure he's the winner of the wish

the thing is this isnt going to play out how he wants it to, and hes going to end up having to actually help Goku fight Jiren. which will infect him with the Fighting Mans Virus and he will become another rival of Goku and go live with Piccolo in the woods
I figure Frieza's scheming to either make a play for the wish or to use the knowledge he's gained in a post-TOP world, which right now means he needs to be a pretty sweet team player and perhaps play to the gods. I doubt he likes it but he's probably seeing this as an unfortunate period on his way to apotheosis, or whatever, and he may have learned while being interned in Hell that he can swallow his pride for a loving hour in order to become a god.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Speaking of this, does this mean King Yemma is more powerful than the likes of Frieza and Cell? I mean I imagine they'd fight back against him when they reach his desk, yet get punished anyway, so he must be able to subdue them.
Usually you don't have a body when you show up, I thought?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Nessus posted:

Usually you don't have a body when you show up, I thought?
I honestly don't remember, but if Frieza has his body while in that cocoon thing, I would imagine he'd have it at the front desk.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I honestly don't remember, but if Frieza has his body while in that cocoon thing, I would imagine he'd have it at the front desk.
Goku had his as a special favor from Kami. They might have given Frieza a new one for the teddy bear parade.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Diabetic posted:

I think most of us are sick of it being "the Goku show" and are looking for the whole "SURPRISE! Someone other than Goku kicks rear end!" the show itself has presented a problem that we all have addressed at one time or another of: Why is Goku never around when poo poo breaks? This would be over and done with. Super has Goku around but rather than him coming in to save the day after a long absence to make everything dire, he is around the entire time and you know already that he is going to be the savior of the day. No one besides Goku gets a real chance to shine, we all can speculate, but it seems that the writers only know to go back to the tried and true movie method of Goku being the hero. Before Super is over, if anyone actually surpasses Goku and is able to defeat someone besides an obvious henchman, I would be amazed.

This is why the Androids/Cell arc was the best one in the series. Everyone got a chance to shine, and we knew that even when Goku recovered from the virus, he still wouldn't be a match for the Androids or Cell, so there was a sense of mystery of what was going to happen. And in the end, Gohan beat Cell.

Buu saga essentially went back to the formula of fake-outs (Gotenks? Nope. Ultimate Gohan? Nope) until Goku saved the day again.

It's basically the George Lucas effect here. No editor to reign in Toriyama or his apparent protege, and you get this predictable, boring poo poo. Everyone in the ToP is literally just waiting for Goku to beat Jiren.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Squallege posted:

At one point in the tournament Frieza fires a random shot in the air, 30 episodes later Goku & friends are talking about how sweet the final battle between Shaggy Blanco and El Grande Padre was, the shot reaches earth and destroys it instantly.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

dipwood posted:

It's basically the George Lucas effect here. No editor to reign in Toriyama or his apparent protege, and you get this predictable, boring poo poo. Everyone in the ToP is literally just waiting for Goku to beat Jiren.

Everyone was waiting for Goku to beat Cell and it didn't happen. In fact, I would be surprised if Goku actually does win against Jiren because he hasn't won a big fight for the entirety of Super.

As far as what Frieza's doing, I figure he's probably just going to wait until everyone is weakened and then pick them off. I'm not really sure what he intends to do about Jiren, but I don't really see him having a super ridiculous transformation up his sleeve.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

kami said ages ago that yemma was stronger than raditz but weaker than king kai

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I do like that Freeza in the latest episode is just shooting lasers in random directions possibly at nothing. It's the most shithead at work approach to the tournament

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Manatee Cannon posted:

kami said ages ago that yemma was stronger than raditz but weaker than king kai
So, that means Raditz kept his body, so all the other villains should too. So how did he get Frieza to go to Hell?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he wrapped him in a cocoon and strapped that to a tree

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Momomo posted:

Everyone was waiting for Goku to beat Cell and it didn't happen. In fact, I would be surprised if Goku actually does win against Jiren because he hasn't won a big fight for the entirety of Super.

As far as what Frieza's doing, I figure he's probably just going to wait until everyone is weakened and then pick them off. I'm not really sure what he intends to do about Jiren, but I don't really see him having a super ridiculous transformation up his sleeve.

Jiren's the one thing we were explicitly told by Frieza how he wants to handle it

hes going to let Goku do it

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

So what you're saying is he's gonna blow up the arena.

The instant Goku loses or seems to lose to Kefla, Frieza is gonna snipe her with a humongous death ball.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Goku doesn't win fights anymore. So clearly he and Jiren are going to eliminate each other.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah that's right Jiren just keep sitting there like a useless lump of poo poo

don't bother helping your two remaining teammates or having a personality you Rob liefeld captain America looking fuckface

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Yesh posted:

How many dbz fusion rules are still being used? Because a fused person that dies is permanently fused even if the earrings are removed.

Wait what?

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Wait nevermind i'm dumb

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

So, thinking about something, the wishes to Super Shenron have to be made in the language of the gods. Assuming Frieza has not randomly learned it out of his rear end (a valid possibility), any wish he makes will have to go through one of the angels or something. Unless they've upgraded Super Shenron to, like Porunga, make wishes in whatever passes for "standard" in Dragonball's multiverse, anything he tries to wish is going to be known beforehand by whomever is making the wish for him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurui Reiten posted:

So, thinking about something, the wishes to Super Shenron have to be made in the language of the gods. Assuming Frieza has not randomly learned it out of his rear end (a valid possibility), any wish he makes will have to go through one of the angels or something. Unless they've upgraded Super Shenron to, like Porunga, make wishes in whatever passes for "standard" in Dragonball's multiverse, anything he tries to wish is going to be known beforehand by whomever is making the wish for him.

The angels are completely neutral entities. It's likely they'll be forced to accept whatever wish the winner has, no matter how terrible for the multiversal status quo it may be.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm fully expecting the arc to end with Frieza trying to steal the wish and failing just like on Namek, and that will be what justify it to Goku not to honor the deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The angels are completely neutral entities. It's likely they'll be forced to accept whatever wish the winner has, no matter how terrible for the multiversal status quo it may be.

I mean, in theory they are, but we've already seen that isn't really the case. At least, Whis's actions with his rewind haven't been very neutral.