Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Funky Valentine posted:

Toei will scrounge up some more peanuts to pay the person that eventually replaces Nozawa, they're not Atlus where Japanese Igor is still voiced by original Persona 4 clips nine years later.

This is got to be a joke. Are they really using the same method that South Park did with Chief?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

They will run her until she dies but once she does their hands are kind of tied.

Yep.

No choice but to summon the unquiet spirits of the dead.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

They are gonna look deeply loving stupid when she has to main character at 90 and sounds like King Kai did, or she just drops DEAD and suddenly Goku sounds sixty years younger

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Covok posted:

This is got to be a joke. Are they really using the same method that South Park did with Chief?

Nah, not the cut-and-paste words together thing that happened with Chef.

They use archived audio of certain lines from P3/P4 and otherwise have him unvoiced. Persona 4's anime has him voiced entirely by archived audio from the game.

The English dubs don't give a poo poo though and freely change his voice actor when needed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Black August posted:

They are gonna look deeply loving stupid when she has to main character at 90 and sounds like King Kai did, or she just drops DEAD and suddenly Goku sounds sixty years younger

Goku used the dragonballs to wish for youth.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
The full, real, permanent version of Ultra Instinct will change Goku's voice for some reason

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Saagonsa posted:

It's just not going to matter, because the wish on the super dragon balls will be to bring all (or at least some) of them back

I know it won't happen, but it would be funny if they wished all the universes back and Zeno was just like "no, I mean't it" and re-erases them all again.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Funky Valentine posted:

Nah, not the cut-and-paste words together thing that happened with Chef.

They use archived audio of certain lines from P3/P4 and otherwise have him unvoiced. Persona 4's anime has him voiced entirely by archived audio from the game.

The English dubs don't give a poo poo though and freely change his voice actor when needed.

it's actually dumber then that for the English Version. Huge P5 Spoilers in this;

Igor in P5 is a fake Igor, replaced by the main antagonist. This is why he has a completely different voice. When Igor comes back, he goes 'I'm really tired so I'm not going to talk' so his assistants do all his talking

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

it's actually dumber then that for the English Version. Huge P5 Spoilers in this;

Igor in P5 is a fake Igor, replaced by the main antagonist. This is why he has a completely different voice. When Igor comes back, he goes 'I'm really tired so I'm not going to talk' so his assistants do all his talking

Isn't that the same as the Japanese version though?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Saagonsa posted:

no idea, I only played in English.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I know it's the go-to example in these discussions but it's worth noting that they actually did change the Japanese VA for King Kai in the end.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Vegeta or Goku's gonna wish for the universes back & Zeno's gonna be like" whaaaat you actually wanted those old things? ok i'll just bring them back" and then they'll finally wish King Kai back to life.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Saagonsa posted:

The Japanese version is exactly why that happened.

Igor's Japanese voice actor loving died, of course they had to replace his voice. At least this almost seems like a reason.

Edit: Show me where I can harvest all the tears about Kefla being stronger than Blue Goku.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm kinda over Kefla now that UI is back, I really want to skip to next week and get the Android 35 train running.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

I know it won't happen, but it would be funny if they wished all the universes back and Zeno was just like "no, I mean't it" and re-erases them all again.

Just wish that Zeno wasn't a dumb jerk next year on the super Dragon balls!

I'm really sad we might be at the end of our journey in March but tbh it would make the introduction of the super Dragon Balls make a lot more sense. As the plot of Dragon Ball got more and more firmly rooted in its own storyline Shenron started to seem less and less useful for anything but restoring the status quo at the end of the arc.

The super Dragon Balls both help to mitigate this but also left large holes in the long term tension of the story since in the wake of their existence almost no damage or outcome could really be permanent.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

They already said Super isn't ending in March, the tournament arc is. Those are different things.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Whew!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

HGH posted:

I'm kinda over Kefla now that UI is back, I really want to skip to next week and get the Android 35 train running.
Didn't Xenoverse 2 basically do the same thing?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don’t know why anyone thinks Zeno isn’t erasing the universes and instead just hiding them. That is a level of care and forethought that we have clearly seen isn’t the case. They were playing a game of crashing literal planets into each other before the tournament because they were bored, and people think they care enough to not wipe people out without thinking

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The erased universes are actually battling it out in a losers bracket atm

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

Didn't Xenoverse 2 basically do the same thing?

Do you mean Fusions? Because Fusions had the Android 17/18...err...fusion (there 1718).

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So is 35 something the fanbase is going to scream about for the next fifteen years until it happens in an OVA?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So is 35 something the fanbase is going to scream about for the next fifteen years until it happens in an OVA?

Dragon Ball wiki already made them a page even though they don't even exist.

Being Dragon Ball, it's more likely to happen in a game though.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Saagonsa posted:

Super Shenron can do quite literally anything.

Besides, they absolutely have not built up at least the world of universe 6 (and the characters that live in it) to just throw it all away after this arc. Like, I don't know how you could ever see that happening.

I'm honestly hoping U6 wins this tournament because it's impressive how much they got their poo poo together. Their team has amazing teamwork, where even the stoic legendary assassin is one hell of a team player. Champa recruited Saiyans after seeing how OP they are AND was the only one who thought to bring fusions into the tournament.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the U6 Namekians brought their Dragon Balls and wished for the other U6 team back into the ring so they'd the tournament win via numbers. Or wish to restore Kefla back to full power, if they're going to reference the end of Buu saga.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit: Show me where I can harvest all the tears about Kefla being stronger than Blue Goku.

There aren't many because it's arguable whether or not she actually is. She beat worn out Goku, but also was starting to get her rear end kicked at the end. It's debatable if that kick at the end really KOs him if he's not already beat up from the rest of the tournament.

also someone asked for the updated roster, this isn't the one I've been posting but it's the one I found and it's still neat:

I don't think the other guy has made one recently since it's been like a month since anyone has been eliminated

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 13, 2017

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

They got replaced with tears of how Kefla isn't all that great and will probably be eliminated next episode.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

They got replaced with tears of how Kefla isn't all that great and will probably be eliminated next episode.

She still got more screen time that Vegitto Blue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

There aren't many because it's arguable whether or not she actually is. She beat worn out Goku, but also was starting to get her rear end kicked at the end. It's debatable if that kick at the end really KOs him if he's not already beat up from the rest of the tournament.

also someone asked for the updated roster, this isn't the one I've been posting but it's the one I found and it's still neat:

I don't think the other guy has made one recently since it's been like a month since anyone has been eliminated
Imagine what it must be like to be rated lower than Universe 4. :allears:

(And it's absolutely U4 getting erased next.)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Black August posted:

She's a fusion, and all fusions have the exact same personality: stupid, strong, and they want to tell you ALL about it before they gently caress up

Suddenly, Steven Universe's method of fusions being a metaphor for relationships makes a whole lot more sense.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The Kefla fusion was kind of underwhelming. They kept reusing animations too... hopefully they up the quality next ep

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PMush Perfect posted:

My money would be on two or six next, we've seen everything they have to offer

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd say 2 is a lot more likely than 6.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
U9 had all of its fighters eliminated in one episode so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a mass elimination episode.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PMush Perfect posted:

I'd say 2 is a lot more likely than 6.

Agreed, I was just putting six out there ahead of four as well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

U4 hasn't even shown their hidden fighters or why Quitela is bizarre levels of confident. We know why U3 is, but U4 is really low on fighters to be that cocky. They aren't next, almost no chance.

throw everyone for a loop and eliminate U11 next

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Buu would have been totally broken in this fight. All he'd have to do is split off into like a thousand mini Buus and it would have been impossible to ring him out.

And throw a piece of himself into one of the cracks in the ring so he never actually gets "ringed out."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Buus only weakness is he is too stupid to realize how OP his power set is. Which is only a temporary weakness until he absorbs someone smarter than himself!

Edited Doctor
Dec 17, 2006

Edited Doctor posted:

I am so upset that it took me so long to realize the joke that the Tournament Of Power was taking place on a top.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Clearly Goku will defeat Jiren by out-spinning him. How did I not see this before?

Spinning is absolutely the key to victory here.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Edited Doctor posted:

Spinning is absolutely the key to victory here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CCh9sk-9l4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Rutibex posted:

She still got more screen time that Vegitto Blue.
So?