Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So when is Dragon Ball Heroes going to do SS4 Kefla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rirse posted:

So when is Dragon Ball Heroes going to do SS4 Kefla?

Eventually. Heroes adds Super Saiyan 4s in its anniversaries, and Trunks is definitely next.

On the other hand, it adds Super Saiyan 3s at any and all times, so expect SS3s of all of the Universe 6 Saiyans at some point this new year.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Adnor posted:

I can't believe I just read the words "Saiyan lore".

Toriyama didn't even remember they had tails.
The actual honest to god reason is he couldn't figure out how the tails worked with pants,it annoyed him so he got rid of them.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Toriyama should watch Centaur's Worries

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
No new episode this week?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Why does a golden monkey turn into a hairy red man

Science's greatest mysteries

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

New episode was good loved seeing them break out the Gohan/17 Potara fusion. Wasn’t expecting that one

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The monkey, having learned to go Super Saiyan while a monkey, commits luneception by staring at the full earth while already a super saiyan kaiju, making them go were again only since they're gorilla and super it cycles back to human form while still ultrarilla

see

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
There's a new episode this week? It's not up on Crunchyroll.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

punk rebel ecks posted:

Next week.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

punk rebel ecks posted:

There's no episode because of New Year's break, people are just goofing. Except for Shaggy going Blanco, that totally happened.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kashuno posted:

New episode was good loved seeing them break out the Gohan/17 Potara fusion. Wasn’t expecting that one

So what to they call it? Seven Teen Gohan?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Juunana-Gohan.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

It just turns him into Teen Gohan again and he starts curbestomping everyone.

But then he fucks it all up by spending too much time hurting people and gets ringed out.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Juunana-Gohan.

FRICK

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Juunana-Gohan.

gently caress, that's good. Now I want it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

SS4 is more visually interesting and ties better with the Saiyan lore than just having them change hair colors. SSGod was bad enough but Rosé was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Zamasu was right, eradicate all ningen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The black and pink mix of Rosé was aesthetic as gently caress, I'll hear no slander on it.

SSGod was pure DeviantArt to the point of it basically being a shoutout to the fandom for never stopping loving and creating Dragonball media in the dark age where it was effectively dead as an active series. Except it wasn't a shoutout and it just looks bad.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Flytrap posted:

It just turns him into Teen Gohan again and he starts curbestomping everyone.

But then he fucks it all up by spending too much time hurting people and gets ringed out.

I mean, Heroes already had one version Future Trunks and Adult Gohan using the fusion dance.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

SSGod isn't great and Blue is just Super Saiyan but, well, blue, but at least they keep it simple and I can appreciate that. Everything in GT and Heroes is overdesigned to hell and back and just looks like a visual mess to me.

Ultra Instinct is just Goku but with slightly spikier hair and it's the hot poo poo, simplicity works.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like the concept of ss4 if not the execution

ssg/b are a little plain but still better than 3/4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the goofy eyes that kill God Red. It's a prime example of being overdesigned despite being next to nothing.

They chose a really nice shade of blue for Super Cyan but it works better in the RoF outfits than it does their generics.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Rose's colour scheme is perfection and I will hear nothing bad against it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's the goofy eyes that kill God Red. It's a prime example of being overdesigned despite being next to nothing.

They chose a really nice shade of blue for Super Cyan but it works better in the RoF outfits than it does their generics.

How are SSG's eye's overdesigned? They're practical identical to Goku's normal look.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I mean, Heroes already had one version Future Trunks and Adult Gohan using the fusion dance.

Trunks will fuse with anyone. He's a fusion junkie.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

multijoe posted:

How are SSG's eye's overdesigned? They're practical identical to Goku's normal look.

He doesn't need defined irises, it looks trashy.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He doesn't need defined irises, it looks trashy.

me, looking at this post:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

UI is a good form not because it changes how Goku looks, but because it changes how he moves. Goku's natural rigidity is lost in favor of fluid movement and sick beam handstand grinds. You can feel that his physical attacks might not be as strong because he's completely relaxed his muscles, and it holds true in practice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

multijoe posted:

me, looking at this post:

Jobbing out to the most powerful opponent????????? (UI looks better because the design is better and it's not a block colour)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jobbing out to the most powerful opponent????????? (UI looks better because the design is better and it's not a block colour)

Yeah UI is definitely a better design overall, but I do appreciate SSG for starting the shift away from increasing busy ultra muscledudes. And the eyes are fine :P

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
What were we talking about? I got lost in Goku's eyes

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
My only issue with SSG is Goku getting skinnier for some reason. I wish he stayed the same size.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Goddamn

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Decided that for 2018 I was going to do a mass Dragon Ball rewatch. Gonna do all of Dragon Ball, then Kai, GT, and a Super rewatch through.

Started a couple days ago, and it's amazing just how much DB has evolved since the early days. The constant humor surrounding Bulma, especially once Oolong and Yamucha show up is honestly kinda creepy when viewed in 2018.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Adnor posted:

Goddamn

I want to attach a really long fuse to this and the outstretched hand of a Frieza mannequin.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Agoat posted:

My only issue with SSG is Goku getting skinnier for some reason. I wish he stayed the same size.

I appreciated the getting skinnier if only because it did something to halt the otherwise unstoppable progress towards increasingly swole Saiyans until we're in the land of really specific fetishes.

Not sure why they abandoned it for Blue.

(Honestly, it would have been cooler if Goku's god form completely dropped him out of the muscleman category and they drew that form to look like the Universe 6 Saiyans or Gohan in the RoF movie, so that his power was all about dexterity and control and not strength.)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

Decided that for 2018 I was going to do a mass Dragon Ball rewatch. Gonna do all of Dragon Ball, then Kai, GT, and a Super rewatch through.

Why? Why would you do this to yourself?

Rand Brittain posted:

I appreciated the getting skinnier if only because it did something to halt the otherwise unstoppable progress towards increasingly swole Saiyans until we're in the land of really specific fetishes.

W...what? That's beyond untrue. This series has always been against buffing up like a retard. Did you think the Broly movies are canon and the true representation of the series or something? Because the last time a Saiyan tried to actually get swole it got him pounded into the dirt (Caulifla, who herself was literally doing the exact same thing Future Trunks did, and that both Goku and Vegeta said it was dumb as poo poo).

The Super Saiyan transformations never added muscle (beyond the ones that are explicitely bad and Broly/Kale, who are something else entirely and even there, the latter case grew stronger after losing nearly all of that muscle).

And no muscle is just as dumb as super buff Broly-alikes. These guys spend their entire time punching each other, I expect something there. I like Goku's body, it makes logical sense, of course he's buff but not excessively so. It's far better than the awful trend of making everyone a bishonen that seem to be pure skin and bones, and it isn't an early Jojo-style muscles and nothing else kind of design. It doesn't help that Toriyama's no-muscle Saiyan designs look really drat weird, with heads that look gigantic in proportion to their bodies so they look anorexic. I really dislike them, and while I managed to somehow grow to accept Super Saiyan God (barely), I'm really glad that he just dropped that even if Blue's the most boring transformation in history.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I've been rewatching Kai and I'm up to the Android arc, or as I like to call it "The Humbling of Vegeta", and oh man is watching 18 deflate Vegeta's swollen head satisfying. :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Blaze Dragon posted:

Why? Why would you do this to yourself?

It's been years since I've watched anything from Z other than clips or Abridged, and even longer since I've watched DB or GT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I did the same thing a few years ago and it all came to a screeching halt once I got to GT.

Like I started GT the same day the first Japanese episode of Super aired and I still haven't been able to finish GT.