Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Manatee Cannon posted:

which is weird since the buu saga didn't have any problems with teenagers

Except for every student of Gohan's highschool being jacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the solution of having trunks and mai go live in another timeline was weird imo and they should have just kept him around if they were gonna bring him back anyway

whats kid trunks supposed to do when he grows up then

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if by every you mean just the blonde guy and gohan himself then yea sure

Stairmaster posted:

what does that even mean

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

the solution of having trunks and mai go live in another timeline was weird imo and they should have just kept him around if they were gonna bring him back anyway

I thought we all collectively agreed to never speak of that resolution ever again

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Momomo posted:

Considering Kale gets buff even in her normal Super Saiyan form and the other two don't, it really seems to just be a weird design decision. I put it with blue haired Trunks in that the show decided to just run with it regardless of what we would expect.

she doesn't have a normal Super Saiyan form, she has a BROLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY form

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It seems weird how the U7 team keeps "spending all their energy" and then jumping back in the fight but in a few episodes they're gonna reveal that most of them hid several senzu beans in their mouths before the tournament started.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Well, poo poo. If DBS doesn't end with a giant boat party between U6 and U7 with Piccolo and Hit dueling on karaoke I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sockser posted:

she doesn't have a normal Super Saiyan form, she has a BROLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY form

She has both, she used her normal Super Saiyan state a couple of times before she mastered her Berserker form and stuck with that one.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Stairmaster posted:

the same thing that the other Trunks had to do when another Trunks was all of a sudden forced upon his ~Parallel World~

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Kale has three transformations.

Regular SSJ, which still has green-ish hair

BERSERK BROLY BROLY BROLY

And True Legendary SSJ, which is her mastering her Berserker power. Her hair looks more like Goku's SSJ hair in this form and is a bright green.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Black August posted:

Tell me with a straight face, looking unblinking into my eyes, that you would not sever a pound of flesh to see an episode of their wedding where Vegeta gets trashed as hell and completely melts down over how happy he is to be back with Saiyan culture, and one that isn't self-terminating.

Then he annihilates half the estate brawling Goku when Cauli eggs him on.

Embarrassing Drunk Uncle Geets would be the most amazing thing. We might even get a bingo reprise as Bulma drags his dazed, stupefied body out of the wedding hall.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They should have played a Pantera song everytime Kale transformed.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

which is weird since the buu saga didn't have any problems with teenagers

Well, Gohan was a tiny little roidmonster. 17 and 18 look relatively normal, I guess.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was about to say I didn't think Future Trunks going back to the future was that bad, since that was everyone he ever knew but he went back to another future with another Future Trunks or something didn't he?

wtf

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

eonwe posted:

I was about to say I didn't think Future Trunks going back to the future was that bad, since that was everyone he ever knew but he went back to another future with another Future Trunks or something didn't he?

wtf

I mean, he couldn't go back to his own future, because it was erased by parallel Zeno.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They went to a timeline right before Goku Black showed up and just lived there permanently. He still has to live with the fact that everyone he knew in his own timeline got killed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

deadly_pudding posted:

I mean, he couldn't go back to his own future, because it was erased by parallel Zeno.

ya but its just kind of odd is all

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Momomo posted:

They went to a timeline right before Goku Black showed up and just lived there permanently. He still has to live with the fact that everyone he knew in his own timeline got killed.

Trunks.txt. Even when something that should be happy happens to him, it has so much poo poo behind that you can't imagine he could ever be happy with it, or happy in general.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I realize after the dan ryckert argument earlier than this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I just listened to giant bomb's first dbz podcast and it was pretty fun to hear them get into it and theory craft how they thought the story was gonna go

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I assume that the U6 Saiyans are noodles because Toriyama has developed in style to the point where he doesn't feel the need for every male character to be a ridiculous muscle mountain, so he put in some that aren't (and a few, like Krillin, got redesigned to be less muscular).

Unfortunately, most of the characters are still ridiculous muscle mountains, so instead of looking like an art upgrade, the new characters just look weird and tiny by comparison.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

I realize after the dan ryckert argument earlier than this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I just listened to giant bomb's first dbz podcast and it was pretty fun to hear them get into it and theory craft how they thought the story was gonna go

Giant Bomb hasn't been good since CBS buyout/Ryan died sadly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rand Brittain posted:

I assume that the U6 Saiyans are noodles because Toriyama has developed in style to the point where he doesn't feel the need for every male character to be a ridiculous muscle mountain, so he put in some that aren't (and a few, like Krillin, got redesigned to be less muscular).

Unfortunately, most of the characters are still ridiculous muscle mountains, so instead of looking like an art upgrade, the new characters just look weird and tiny by comparison.

Yeah the U6 designs are pretty cool while Jiren is pretty bland.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Momomo posted:

Considering Kale gets buff even in her normal Super Saiyan form

I mean, that's also kinda taking after Broly.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Kashuno posted:

If you do that we lose the best moments of this tournament, including the Roshi moment

Really the issue with this tournament is, as neat as he is, Jiren. He is so incredibly overpowered that realistically it doesn’t matter who made it this far, because other than a Goku/Vegeta combo maybe no one can come even close to matching Jiren. No universe has put up anyone that is even close to top tier other than 7/11, and that’s the lame part. If they got rid of freeza or 17 and put some fighter from another universe in that was comparable in power to Goku/Vegeta/Jiren it would take care of itself mostly

Hit was evenly matched with Goku in the first tournament, and came very close to defeating Jiren. Probably if he had planned his strategy better, like having the rest of U6 destroy the stage under Jiren while he was frozen, he could've done it.

It's true that U6 just came off as a worse version of U7 overall though. I think it would've been far more interesting if their Namekians had actually become Goku tier from merging so many times.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bodyholes posted:

Hit was evenly matched with Goku in the first tournament, and came very close to defeating Jiren. Probably if he had planned his strategy better, like having the rest of U6 destroy the stage under Jiren while he was frozen, he could've done it.

It's true that U6 just came off as a worse version of U7 overall though. I think it would've been far more interesting if their Namekians had actually become Goku tier from merging so many times.
I wish more of the Universes came even close to U7's power, but they were all many times weaker where even Roshi was able to go on part with these guys. Hit and Berserker Kale were the only non-fusion fighters outside of U7 and U11 to show off much power. Everyone else was either weak or had to use some kind of cheap tactic to be relevant, like most of U4.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hit is stronger than Goku sans UI.

As the tournament it was obvious that Hit had the upper hand even though he was holding back.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hit is stronger than Goku sans UI.

As the tournament it was obvious that Hit had the upper hand even though he was holding back.

Yeah but then he hired him to kill himself and they fought to a standstill. Vegeta got all jealous because Kakarot senpai seemed to like fighting Hit more then he liked fighting Vegeta.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think its a missed opportunity to not have SSJ3 Gotenks in the tourney instead of Tien. This jackass gently caress off powerful cocky fused kid being a finalist would have been fun and add personality to the mix. This way we also get a Trunks of some kind even if its no the cool one.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I wish more of the Universes came even close to U7's power, but they were all many times weaker where even Roshi was able to go on part with these guys. Hit and Berserker Kale were the only non-fusion fighters outside of U7 and U11 to show off much power. Everyone else was either weak or had to use some kind of cheap tactic to be relevant, like most of U4.

I agree. It was kind of nice to have a two way fight between U7 and U11 at the end. The standoff at the beginning of 122 is one of my favorite moments of the series so far. But I still would've preferred having U3 stick around longer and be a bit smarter at playing for the clock, when they had the numbers advantage.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Black August posted:

Kale and Cauli are about as close to a woman's couple as a mainstream anime will dare to tread and I hope Goku gets invited to the wedding and the bouquet-toss is actually them putting on the earrings to fuse and kick Goku into the crowd like a deflated soccer ball

Is Gundam not mainstream now? Always kinda thought Gundam was mainstream.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sailor moon is pretty well-known

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Next arc lookin' good.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

ImpAtom posted:

Next arc lookin' good.

I hope someone buys this and post a video of it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

ImpAtom posted:

Next arc lookin' good.

This needs to be paired with the rainbow colored sonic with the words "OBAMA" below it

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm betting Frieza is going to make some wish with the Super Dragon Balls, become a God among Gods and kill Beerus and maybe even Zen-Oh. Since people can become Gods of Destruction and Goku \ Vegeta may be candidates, I have a feeling that Beerus is going to die and it's going to be very sad.

I know it's Dragon Ball and everyone comes back from death, but when Champa and the Universe 6 guys got erased, it was a really bittersweet moment. Even though I'm sure they will come back and Vegeta said that's what he wants his wish to be. Maybe Vegeta will bring Sadala to Universe 7, rebuild the Saiyan race and truly be the Prince of All Saiyans for real.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

This needs to be paired with the rainbow colored sonic with the words "OBAMA" below it

do you know where i can buy one of those

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rand Brittain posted:

U6 designs are pretty cool. They wouldn't look out of place in a Dragon Quest game. :3:

Gatts posted:

I think its a missed opportunity to not have SSJ3 Gotenks in the tourney instead of Tien. This jackass gently caress off powerful cocky fused kid being a finalist would have been fun and add personality to the mix. This way we also get a Trunks of some kind even if its no the cool one.

Considering his performance in the Buu arc, Gotenks would mess around, waste everyone's time, unfuse, then resort to begging not to be booted off the arena. And it would all probably happen in one episode. :v:

Also seriously, what the hell did Tien do to the writers that they'd give him such an awful showing?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Also seriously, what the hell did Tien do to the writers that they'd give him such an awful showing?

Well, they hired Perfect Cell as a consultant for this arc, so maybe that explains it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

amigolupus posted:

Tien was never good and the writers remembered Dragon Ball OG past his fight with goku and all the nothing he did from there to Super.

Yamcha was a better character than Tien in DB and should have taken Tien's spot of "Really just trying he best to show he's not useless."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Next arc lookin' good.

I can't believe they spoiled Jiren's true form.