Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Relin posted:

now that ive watched up to episode 46 dubbed (the most current, completed, dubbed arc) of DBS i am very close to starting GT :(

don't do this to yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Relin posted:

now that ive watched up to episode 46 dubbed (the most current, completed, dubbed arc) of DBS i am very close to starting GT :(

there's options. you could rewatch Z! play fighterz! write some authorXmajin!LSSJ4!vegeta erotic fanfic, gently caress, anything but GT.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Relin posted:

Friends don't let friends watch GT.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Play the PSP dbz games.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

get a 2ds or 3ds and play Dragonball Fusions, the best dragonball game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The grind in fusions makes Xenoverse blush.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

dr.acula posted:

Play the PSP dbz games.

Yeah do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h2SAbpjYEM&t=10s

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

This feels like some Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game poo poo.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

WHAT.THE.gently caress

I did not know this existed. How???? Did the videogame studio sign a contract before the movie was released? Cause there is no way after the movie was released and predictably bombed they would go "Yeah, we need to cash in on this poo poo"

This is the kind of videogames an oblivious parent gets you for Xmas cause "Hey, my kid likes Dragon Ball and this says Dragon Ball" resulting in world's most awkward "aaaw thanks dad".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

WHAT.THE.gently caress

I did not know this existed. How???? Did the videogame studio sign a contract before the movie was released? Cause there is no way after the movie was released and predictably bombed they would go "Yeah, we need to cash in on this poo poo"

Generally how it goes. Easiest way to have a game out while the license is still lucrative. Cost is, well, sometimes you're attached to a bomb.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Evolution game gave us the glory of Chi Chi McRoberts (presumably daughter of Ox King McRoberts) and Bulma Enchanto.

Vegeta's name is legally Vegeta Enchanto.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

CharlestheHammer posted:

there's no grind unless you're trying to 100% the game or something

and even then they updated the game to basically bypass the worst of it with the wifi scan thing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

what? fusions isn't grindy like at all

i hit max level just farting around, you get exp insanely easily

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean grinding for characters.

Which is the whole point of the game.

Like Xenoverse no one really grinds for levels.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

This is actually more faithful than the movie itself, some of gokus moves look like they came directly from budokai

And I'm fairly sure Roshi didn't use the mafuba, and the power pole didn't even exist

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Raserys posted:

This is actually more faithful than the movie itself, some of gokus moves look like they came directly from budokai

And I'm fairly sure Roshi didn't use the mafuba, and the power pole didn't even exist

The game itself is actually just Shin budokai with a really ugly skin over it

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Fusions is honestly super samey and gets boring long before you get much of anywhere

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
does anyone know why the manga takes so long to release?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

tbp posted:

He's working off of Toriyama's outline, but he also needs to think of new ways to make Goku super cool and awesome and make the rest of the cast look dumb. That takes a lot of time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they wanted you to watch the anime so the manga was monthly to make sure it didn't blitz past the story

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

tbp posted:

It's in a monthly magazine, V-Jump, alongside other mangas made primarily to advertise other stuff. The Yu-Gi-Oh mangas which are all alternate continuities have been published there for example, and that's where we got news on FighterZ for example.

Plus I'm sure Toriyama knows how difficult doing a weekly manga is and wanted the guy to get some more experience before throwing him in head-first.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/saltydkdan/status/980637212210552834

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

Fusions is honestly super samey and gets boring long before you get much of anywhere

Yeah it doesn’t help the battles are super easy and never really get hard or challenging in the slightest.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

It's a multiplayer game :ssh:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
People have been asking where SSJ4 get its red eyeliner from, and after thinking about it while really high, I think I've figured it out.

So before they become SSJ4, they are golden apes with red as gently caress eyes. What if they open another set of eyes inside of that big eye, like a cat or a shark opens layers of eyes and there's actually a protective film on the eyeliner and it's not eyeliner at all, but just more of their eye pulled back.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Relin posted:

You are in for a treat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0VdFujZM6E&t=530s

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

FYI this only looks cool on Twitter itself. Click the date at the bottom to see it as it should be seen.

It does look cool though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://mobile.twitter.com/saltydkdan/status/981006462171467776

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
You know looking at that, I'm reminded that my wish of "universe 7's ace in the hole" as they called it from the preview just being goku flying headfirst at him actually came true after all.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Kithkar posted:

You know looking at that, I'm reminded that my wish of "universe 7's ace in the hole" as they called it from the preview just being goku flying headfirst at him actually came true after all.

Alt ending, Goku yells "Throw me at him!" at Freeza and punches through Jiren's chest

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goku has lovely aim, misses and throws Freeza right out of the arena, time ends, U7 win 2-1.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Half of Dracula posted:

Alt ending, Goku yells "Throw me at him!" at Freeza and punches through Jiren's chest

THen gets erased for murdering his opponent

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This just occurred to me, shouldn't half of the Super Dragonballs have been erased when Zeno erased Universe 6?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rutibex posted:

This just occurred to me, shouldn't half of the Super Dragonballs have been erased when Zeno erased Universe 6?

no

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they gathered them all before the tournament

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

The Super Dragon Balls were created by the Dragon God Zalama, they may not formally count as part of any universe due to their divine origins.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also when future zen-oh erased future universe 7 trunk didn't get erased.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stairmaster posted:

also when future zen-oh erased future universe 7 trunk didn't get erased.

only his heart and soul

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

sassassin posted:

only his heart and soul
His love, his anger and all of his Sorrow.
Shining spirit sword!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I suspect there are some shenanigans involved with time travel that escape even Zeno's power. That's why it's explicitly forbidden by God Law.

In the case of the Super Dragon Balls, like angels, they didn't originate within either U6 or U7, they merely resided there. So a universe-spanning erasure wouldn't affect them.