Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mad Hamish posted:

Cersei POV chapters are the best part of A Feast For Crows and outweigh the awful and tedious chapters of Brienne looking for a maid of three-and-ten with auburn hair.

Cersei's Continuous Mistake was something I was really looking forward to seeing on television and they hosed it up, Ser Pounce never even got named to the Kingsguard and that travesty shall not stand.

:yeah:

It's an extra shame 'cause Headey would have owned the poo poo out of some of that insane book stuff. Headey would have owned the poo poo out of Book Cersei in general. She's great on the show and the Lannisters are often the best part, but they whitewashed the poo poo out of all the siblings and it will forever bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lmfao I guess today was the 4 year anniversary of a GRRM announcement that WOW wasn't going to be out in 2015 because I re-posted it from an FB memory to laugh about and even one of my normal friends commented "Winds is never coming out".

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
you've got to give the show some credit because they ruin stuff so goddamn good. Imagine making Arthur Dayne not cool, the amount of effort that must've took is just amazing.

also one last good thing about feast: I AM DARKSTAR, I AM THE NIGHT

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The books seemed like they were working Varys to be a kind of Haviland Tuf figure, who is manipulating everyone from the shadows. As opposed to his show version, who just goes to join Dany.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

In case you haven't seen it yet, this headache inducing pile of dog poo poo was nominated for best editing.

A scene where a guy sits down in a chair has more rapid cuts per minute than a Resident Evil movie.

And yes, that's Littlefinger, as awful as always.

AHhaahaha, goddamn. I mean, still not as bad as Crash (2004) winning against 4 other better movies,but still.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
nicholas cage has the same number of oscars as stanley kubrick

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Mad Hamish posted:

Ser Pounce never even got named to the Kingsguard and that travesty shall not stand.

IIRC Natalie Dormer doesn't like/is allergic to cats so they cut them out of Tommen's scenes with her.

I just listened to a podcast where they all agreed that Dance was better than Storm, and was the best and people who didn't like it just didn't understand it, man.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

von Metternich posted:

IIRC Natalie Dormer doesn't like/is allergic to cats so they cut them out of Tommen's scenes with her.

I just listened to a podcast where they all agreed that Dance was better than Storm, and was the best and people who didn't like it just didn't understand it, man.

Here is Natalie Dormer and a cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__Dx73EaX0&t=199s

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:3:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And yes, that's Littlefinger, as awful as always.

Hey, he was great in The Wire :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah. The cat was impossible to work with/kept ruining shots so it was fired. Adorably fired.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Elman posted:

Hey, he was great in The Wire Queer as Folk :colbert:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Elman posted:

Hey, he was great in The Wire :colbert:

Imagine my surprise going to the Wire for the first time only after GoT. Aiden Gillen can act! Why wasn't he doing it anymore?!

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
He doesn't ruin Peaky Blinders when he's on screen at least.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Imagine my surprise going to the Wire for the first time only after GoT. Aiden Gillen can act! Why wasn't he doing it anymore?!

he can act like a sleezy 20th century politician with an American accent; he just cant act like a 10th century sleezy politician that shoukdnt have any accent.

Also the writing:

Tommy Carcetti: "I wake up white in a city that ain't"

vs

Littlefinger: "Play with her arse"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Littlefinger is sort of a tough role and no one is doing him any favors with the script. I think at some point the character will get to go balls out with his play and not have to be doing the hiding/scheming scenes anymore and he'll probably do better.

Probably not though this show sucks and he's gonna trip on something and die like that one doctor in World War Z.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Show littlefinger is an idiot though.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I thought he was already dead in the show.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Ccs posted:

Someone like Littefinger will have Saddam Hussain style body doubles. I bet he’ll die on screen at least two more times before he does something dastardly with The Others.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Littlefinger is sort of a tough role and no one is doing him any favors with the script. I think at some point the character will get to go balls out with his play and not have to be doing the hiding/scheming scenes anymore and he'll probably do better.

Probably not though this show sucks and he's gonna trip on something and die like that one doctor in World War Z.

wuh oh! sounds like someone didnt watch the last season!

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

he gets got, yo!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
yeah it's been a while and this whole series stinks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

I’m vaguely curious how that all was supposed to play out in the books.

Maybe GRRM’s followers could get a Wikipedia grade plot synopsis out of him

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ccs posted:

I had the same thought and realized the last season dropped out of my memory almost completely. I should probably watch it again before the last season to refresh but god i don’t want to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

yeah it's been a while and this whole series stinks

Four months and we're done with it forever! Hold strong, brother!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'm gonna say it: aiden gillen wasnt even that great in The Wire. Carcetti was subpar, overshadowed by all the other talent on the show. Carcetti shouldve been relegated to season 2.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

i'm gonna say it: aiden gillen wasnt even that great in The Wire. Carcetti was subpar, overshadowed by all the other talent on the show. Carcetti shouldve been relegated to season 2.

Aiden Gillen's best role was as CIA in The Dark Knight Rises because he shows up right at the start, says like three lines of dialog, then got the poo poo beat out of him by super jacked Tom Hardy and didn't have to be in that tuba fart of a movie anymore.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Guys! Spoilers.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
The books are never coming out

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i dont think carcetti even exists until season 3?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i dont think he does... but he should. take him out of every other season and jam him into season 2 so i can safely forget about him and skip that season whenever i rewatch the show. frank sibotka who?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Wire will always be one of the only shows that got better when they started focusing on child actors. Season 4 was one of the best seasons of television ever.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Aiden Gillen's best role was as CIA in The Dark Knight Rises because he shows up right at the start, says like three lines of dialog, then got the poo poo beat out of him by super jacked Tom Hardy and didn't have to be in that tuba fart of a movie anymore.

poo poo that was him? Another scheme that hosed up.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

I got 500 upvotes on reddit with this one!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That’s just indicative of every problem as the show goes on - spymaster using different accents with different people: clever. Actor randomly switching accents mid scene: lazy or indifferent actor and director.

Like you can see George Lucas was never a particularly attentive director in the original Star Wars when Carrie Fisher’s accent changes at random based on who was on the set that particular day.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Surprised nobody bothered to make this one:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Mmm I'll repost here cause I should've probably posted it here in the first place

I spent a lot of time making useless GoT memes over the years, there are dozens more which I can't find now cause they were all over facebook and also who cares, they're not really funny. except for the littlefinger one I guess.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

hobbesmaster posted:

That’s just indicative of every problem as the show goes on - spymaster using different accents with different people: clever. Actor randomly switching accents mid scene: lazy or indifferent actor and director.

Like you can see George Lucas was never a particularly attentive director in the original Star Wars when Carrie Fisher’s accent changes at random based on who was on the set that particular day.

it kind of worked out alright in A New Hope though because Leia winds up speaking in her posh faux Brit accent to Governor Tarkin and her standard American in front of Luke and co. It's easily read as her character playing the role of diplomat in the face of her enemies and while being herself when rescuing her rescuers.

As an aside, Mad Max 1 is another example of a character's constantly shifting accent being beneficial. Toecutter has a different one for every major scene. Pretty sure it was purposeful though and it works because 1) Toecutter is a creepy weirdo madman and 2) Keyes-Byrne loving sells the hell out of his performance.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Anyone have that gif of Bugs Bunny sawing Dorne off and letting it float away?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cavelcade posted:

Anyone have that gif of Bugs Bunny sawing Dorne off and letting it float away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Now we need one where bugs saws off the other regions